Home

Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep???

This is a discussion on Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2003, 08:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep???

I know the CPU will throw deep before the half, if they need a score. Or possibly at the end of the game. But I have yet to see it during the regular course of the game. I'd like to know what particular sliders are being used when you see these bombs happening, because i've been looking for it from day one and I can't find it
Old 09-30-2003, 09:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Heres a lil thing I noticed playing around with franchise mode. I chose every team in franchise and decided to mess around with the gameplan options. I set the sliders for the teams I thought played more of a deep pass type offense and set the ones for running and short route teams as such. These sliders seem to work pretty well cause since then its been bombs away by the long passers such as Payton Manning and the like. He was a bombing fool in a game I played against the colts last night. I had to resort to a more bend but dont break mentality cause if not I was exposed and burned. Ive been mainly experimenting and adjusting each teams sliders while using the preseason games to figure out whats the best setting for each team. So far Ive had some pretty good results. Dont know if that helps but so far its worked pretty good for me.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #11
Rookie

I appreciate the imput Jerros. I haven't gotten to franchise mode yet, but I will be starting it up this week. Have you found that the computer plays a better game in franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2003, 09:39 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its seems the Cpu plays better using the gameplan sliders. Ive had a few mixed results. I noticed that if I raised the slider for blitzing too high that the cpu would be more blitz happy but in turn gave up too many big plays. Im still experimenting but so far Ive found some pretty nice simulation-esque settings that give more realistic results. Ill let ya know more as I play through the preseason bro.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:42 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with the no bombs, and no chance to control your DB. This has bothered me since the beginning of this series. Glad to see someone else recognizes this as a problem as well. I don't know if it will ever get solved though.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:06 AM   #14
Rookie

Well, like Jerros i'm going to keep experimenting but this is really one of the last things as far as gameplay that VC needs to fix. It shouldn't be this difficult to find it. It's like searching for the loch ness monster, a few have claimed to have seen it. But most of us haven't.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #15
Rookie

The CPU has never went deep on me. But then, I haven't played a team known for going deep. It would seem that each team would have those types of tendencies preset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2003, 11:06 AM   #16
Rookie

In real football even teams not known for going deep have to go deep during games in order to keep the defense honest. Every single pass cannot be a short pass, just as every pass cannot be a deep pass that's way too predictable. In this game the teams known for going deep go short too. That's the very thing that needs correction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »