Home

VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT...

This is a discussion on VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2003, 05:42 AM   #57
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT...

Quote:

Kanobi said:
A Strip ball animation would be tight as well....especially mapped to one of the buttons. Either a strip and/or punch the ball out anim would be cool. The "hold on to Ball" attritbute would play a major role here.

They use all the buttons already they don't need a strip ball button. And I've seen some blocks that knowck people off their feet in this game. I've seen several on special teams and some when I'm running the ball.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:17 AM   #58
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
A Strip ball animation would be tight as well....especially mapped to one of the buttons. Either a strip and/or punch the ball out anim would be cool. The "hold on to Ball" attritbute would play a major role here.

They use all the buttons already they don't need a strip ball button.

Maybe when in pursuit or when you close on the ball carrier you can push one of the shouler buttons when you tackle the runner to do a "strip" ball or "punch" ball out move(if tackling from behind) to try and cause a fumble.

It'd be cool if they could make it work. I wouldn't say the game doesn't NEED it. I'm sure if VC found a way to implement it you'd use it.

Quote:

jmood88 said:And I've seen some blocks that knowck people off their feet in this game. I've seen several on special teams and some when I'm running the ball.

I've seen em to but those really or not Crackback blocks.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:24 AM   #59
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

How about late whistles?

Like when a player is down the ball comes out..the defense recovers and tries to retun it but the refs blow the whistles saying the player was down by contact. This would be tight to see because you see this ALOT in real-life games where the players try to run back a fumble but its called back because it was either an incomplete pass or the player was already down.

Maybe they could add where the palyer is never really tackled but his forward progress is stopped thus causing the refs to blow the play dead. You see that alot as well where the ballcarrier gets rapped up by several defensive players and is driven back but never really brought down. That'd be cool to see if VC could do it.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:24 AM   #60

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

Maybe when in pursuit or when you close on the ball carrier you can push one of the shouler buttons when you tackle the runner to do a "strip" ball or "punch" ball out move(if tackling from behind) to try and cause a fumble.

It'd be cool if they could make it work. I wouldn't say the game doesn't NEED it. I'm sure if VC found a way to implement it you'd use it.

Quote:

jmood88 said:And I've seen some blocks that knowck people off their feet in this game. I've seen several on special teams and some when I'm running the ball.

What do you consider a "crackback" block then? The ones I've seen are the same ones I see while I'm playing in real life.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:25 AM   #61

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
How late whistles?

Like when a player is down the ball comes out..the defense recovers and tries to retun it but the refs blow the whistles saying the player was down by contact. This would be tight to see because you see this ALOT in real-life games where the players try to run back a fumble but its called back because it was either an incomplete pass or the player was already down.

Maybe they could add where the palyer is never really tackled but his forward progress is stoopped thus cuasing the refs to blow the play dead. You see that alot as well where the ballcarrier gets rapped up by several defensive players and is driven back but never really brought down. That'd be cool to see if VC could do it.

It would be cool to see that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2003, 07:28 AM   #62
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

Quote:

What do you consider a "crackback" block then? The ones I've seen are the same ones I see while I'm playing in real life.

I've played in real-life as well.

I wish somebody had a GIF of that Killer blcok Ray lewis put on that bronco player last year or the year before when Chris McCallister had that 101 yd return off a missed field goal. THAT is a exmple of Killshot crackback block that I'm talking about.

I'm quite aware of the one in the game that you referring to but those are not quite the same thing.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:33 AM   #63

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

Quote:

I wish somebody had a GIF of that Killer blcok Ray lewis put on that bronco player last year or the year before when Chris McCallister had that 101 yd return off a missed field goal. THAT is a exmple of Killshot crackback block that I'm talking about.

I'm quite aware of the one in the game that you referring to but those are not quite the same thing.

I'm still playing and I still don't know what you're talking about.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:45 AM   #64
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

Quote:

I'm still playing and I still don't know what you're talking about.

Whether you're STILL playing or not really makes no difference here.

Man nevermind, Jmood.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »