Home

More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2004, 12:45 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

On another note, it still seems there is some "school of fish" behaviour on the interception return.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:27 AM   #98
Banned

OVR: 4

is there a higher resolution video available??

i would be willing to wait the hour to download it too.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:15 AM   #99
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

8bit said:
I freaking loved the last video where they replayed the int for the td. The running not only has been fixed, but rivals madden for realism. Two things i didnt like- Blockers arent blocking as there are wayyy too many sacks and rushed qbs, and you still cant return punts because you are immediatly met with a defender.

It looked they came on a punt block thats why there was no blocking.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 3

awesome clips, that interception for a td with like 5 secs. left was awesome, and the cutscenes look pretty cool
Old 05-20-2004, 11:52 AM   #101
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

wwharton said:
this is for my boy goob...

Quote:

2. QB still "flips around" back and forth when dropping back if you move teh stick side to side. It would be better if he constantly kept himself facing the LOS and just backpeddled left or ran foraward right, but always facing ahead.

This is just not using the analog stick correctly. If you move back slowly as most QBs would when dropping and looking for a WR then they won't turn around at all. Personally I'd recommend letting the CPU do the drop. If you push all the way back on the analog that's like running (this is true for any player). so it's like you're walking away from me then turn all the way around and sprint towards me which is why the QB turns around as you describe. Remember the stick is pressure sensative.

My impression on the pocket or time you have in it, it's fine as is. Someone just mentioned that after 3 or 5 the D is in the QB's face so they have to run. Well after 3 or 5 they should be getting rid of the ball so that's fine. There are also times when D's get in there before you can get 5 steps off. My thought is whoever was playing was blitzing heavy. Most blitzes are designed to get at the QB and confuse the Oline. If the QB audibles out to a run, maybe does playaction, whatever then they may be fine. He also probably could've hit some hot routes to expose the blitz like they'd do in the NFL. Watch any skins games last year? Confused QBs when the Oline gets blitzed heavy go down. This year the flat passes kill the blitz and that probably would work too but it looks like the other safety routes will be more important to keep the D honest which is great.

'Skins' games? DON'T REMIND ME! The first play in Video #62 is what the 'skins SHOULD HAVE done during the Spurrier era, namely, LEAVE A GUY IN TO PROTECT YOUR QB!!!!

The way the Fullback picked up the blitz was VERY NICE.

Also, you are right about the pressure-sensitive thumbstick. It's just hard to get used to for some people. BUT, to me, since VC has decided to go this route (with a pressure-sensitive thumbstick) that's all the more reason why TRANSISTIONAL animations are important so that the movements come across more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 01:08 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 22

wow..that last td in the last video is amazing The fluidity of the running is totally amazing and realistic.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #103
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Who me? I know I'm one and proud of it. I have no shame and don't care what people think. If you don't stand for anything, You don't stand for nothing.

sportsgeist, i was being sarcastic. our friend seems to think anyone that can understand how the oline looks fine is a fanboy so i was putting two and two together.

i did notice him tryin to get the school of fish thing going. it didn't look too bad but it was still there. the pursuit routes looked better though.

goob, i've always agreed with that. that's why they need those transition animations to make everything LOOK smoother, even if the timing is exactly the same.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:09 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 2

Damn these vids are old builds. Still using the 2k4 graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »