Home

ESPN NFL 2005 Launching @ $19.99

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2005 Launching @ $19.99 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN NFL 2005 Launching @ $19.99

Just called again to my Gamestop and they had it coming out on July 27 and guess what.... it's still 50.00 mother frickin' bucks!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 05:55 PM   #162
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:

Question
So then basically that price on your site has been messed up and that is not the real price and the Price will rise tomorrow? correct? But, there is another site that has the game at $19.99 also.

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

I have checked into the situation, and that is the price that we will keep posted from now on. But I would recommend if you are going to pre-order it, to do it soon. If you have anymore questions feel free to email us agian.

this is the latest answer I just got.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

3bitz said:
Just called again to my Gamestop and they had it coming out on July 27 and guess what.... it's still 50.00 mother frickin' bucks!!!!!!!

Patience... Some computers take longer to get updated then others depending on connection speed etc... It will change to 19.99 before tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #164
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

artisanCG said:
They are very confident in their game. This is a not of move of desperation. They want to make sure that everyone can afford to try it.

I don't understand this. If they are that confident of their game, why not go full price instead of selling it for what you can buy a 2 year old game for?

Disclaimer : This isn't a shot at the game, I have no allegence to any game/company cause I don't get compensation from them.

I think it's a good move.

Sega has been selling about 400,000 units or so, to Madden's 4 Million. At 50 bucks a pop that's $20Mil for Sega.

They figure that with a low price, many people will buy BOTH games. Then they can even go after the Fever and Gameday players and even some Madden players by releasing the game early. They're so confident that their game is good that they feel many will say, "Why plunk down $50 more bucks when I'm already playing a great game?"

At $20, as soon as they sell over just ONE million copies they'll already exceed the profits they've been making each year.

You are basing your #s of the idea that all that 50 bucks goes to Sega which is not true.

Maybe not, but all the $20 doesn't go to Sega either so just prorate the numbers.

You can't do that either - you are assusming all parties involved in the food chain would be taking the same cut percentage which would not be true.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #165
MVP

OVR: 14

I can see if you don't have a local EB near you but I would place the order for In store pickup if at all possible. It doesn't make sense to pay for shipping if you can pick it up in the store.

Gamestop doesn't offer that. Unless you can go to the retail stores and they still let you pre-order at $19.99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #166
"*n t* th* n*xt tr**..."

OVR: 4

Pretty easy... Sega wants Madden fans to try their game. They are confident that their game is better that they won't go back to Madden after they try it. EA has got to be worried about this.

Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

artisanCG said:
They are very confident in their game. This is a not of move of desperation. They want to make sure that everyone can afford to try it.

I don't understand this. If they are that confident of their game, why not go full price instead of selling it for what you can buy a 2 year old game for?

Disclaimer : This isn't a shot at the game, I have no allegence to any game/company cause I don't get compensation from them.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #167
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
The bottom line is that even with a large price drop selling many more units can make up for it.

It can but for the full effectiveness of this, they need to get the game out before their competition does. The main reason for a price like this is to get people that wouldn't normally play ESPN. If it comes out after Madden, alot of people won't wait for the cheaper game to be released, they'll go ahead and go with the first one. Another thing is, not everybody is a die-hard fan and will buy 2 football games. This will be the first year I've done it since buying NFL and NCAA 2k2 just cause I don't have the time to warrant paying 50 bucks for 2 football games.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #168
Rookie

baden's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Superstar said:
my take on this is if this price drop does not work for sales in Sega then I believe they will admit defeat. Just think if they can not take a large portion of madden sales away I believe they will think they will never be able to do so. So it comes down to this year, make or break one company put the future on the line now their fate is in our hands.

Then it is our duty as football gamers to support VCsports and make sure they continue to challenge EA by pushing the limits of technology, or we will be left with just one company making a football game each year. You know that means nothing more than roster updates from EA if VC throws in the towel. I see no reason why anyone that loves football would not buy this game for $20 after seeing the effort and hardwork put into this game to make it the best it can be in such a short period of time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »