Home

ESPN NFL 2005 Launching @ $19.99

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2005 Launching @ $19.99 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #145
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: ESPN NFL 2005 Launching @ $19.99

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

artisanCG said:
They are very confident in their game. This is a not of move of desperation. They want to make sure that everyone can afford to try it.

I don't understand this. If they are that confident of their game, why not go full price instead of selling it for what you can buy a 2 year old game for?

Disclaimer : This isn't a shot at the game, I have no allegence to any game/company cause I don't get compensation from them.

I think it's a good move.

Sega has been selling about 400,000 units or so, to Madden's 4 Million. At 50 bucks a pop that's $20Mil for Sega.

They figure that with a low price, many people will buy BOTH games. Then they can even go after the Fever and Gameday players and even some Madden players by releasing the game early. They're so confident that their game is good that they feel many will say, "Why plunk down $50 more bucks when I'm already playing a great game?"

At $20, as soon as they sell over just ONE million copies they'll already exceed the profits they've been making each year.

I agree with what you are saying AS LONG AS the game is released before Madden. If it comes out afterwards, then this doesn't accomplish much, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #146
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

MikeCO said:
Just pre-ordered from Gamestop. Made my day!

Get a confirmation email yet? I havent butn when I put the tracking number in, it says I havr order etc.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #147
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

artisanCG said:
They are very confident in their game. This is a not of move of desperation. They want to make sure that everyone can afford to try it.

I don't understand this. If they are that confident of their game, why not go full price instead of selling it for what you can buy a 2 year old game for?

Disclaimer : This isn't a shot at the game, I have no allegence to any game/company cause I don't get compensation from them.

I think it's a good move.

Sega has been selling about 400,000 units or so, to Madden's 4 Million. At 50 bucks a pop that's $20Mil for Sega.

They figure that with a low price, many people will buy BOTH games. Then they can even go after the Fever and Gameday players and even some Madden players by releasing the game early. They're so confident that their game is good that they feel many will say, "Why plunk down $50 more bucks when I'm already playing a great game?"

At $20, as soon as they sell over just ONE million copies they'll already exceed the profits they've been making each year.

You are basing your #s of the idea that all that 50 bucks goes to Sega which is not true.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #148
All Star

OVR: 21

This is just what i got from talking to a Rep from EB Games.

Quote:

Question
On your site you have ESPN NFL 2005 for $19.99 is that the real price? and if I would pre-order it at that price would you have to honor that?

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

I am not sure where you see that price. Please provide me with a link so I may view the game.

Best Regards,
Ryan
EBgames.com

Question
here is the link http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/243255.asp

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

Yes, today the price of the game is $19.99. If you would like to preorder and get the game at this price, please place your order while it lasts. Unfortunately, if you do not place the order while the price is currently shown on the website, and decide to place the order tomorrow and the price has risen, we will not be able to honor the $19.99 if the price has gone up.

Do keep in mind that when you preorder the game, it secures your order and your credit card will not be charged until the game is shipped.

If you require further assistance, we are available 7 days a week from 8 AM to Midnight EST.

Have a great day!
Annette
EBgames.com

Old 06-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #149
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

I just pre ordered too...first time I have ever purchased ESPN....what a deal.....Hats off on the game plan for 2005
Old 06-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #150
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
fpac, hopefully both are true. Not sure if I would even get Madden on release date if ESPN comes out the last week of july. Probably could hold off on Madden untill Christmas, being that NCAA will still be just two weeks old and my NFL game is already out.

That's true. Alot of people though would still pay $50 for Madden if ESPN came out at $20 a week later though just to get their football fix.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 7

Just ordered from Ebgames.com. Used my $20 UT2K4 gift voucher. Got overnight shipping. $10.78 shipped. W00t! This just made my day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 05:51 PM   #152
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

I will be really mad if I can't by the game in stores for $20.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »