Home

Just converted 5 more Maddenites.....YEAH BABY!!!

This is a discussion on Just converted 5 more Maddenites.....YEAH BABY!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2004, 12:38 PM   #33
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Just converted 5 more Maddenites.....YEAH BABY!!!

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

grunt said:
Quote:

SmUrFiNaToR said:
P2k is right tho, it is weird to be bragging about it on a forum

Why, this is the ESPN NFL board. It would be weird if he posted it on Madden, NCAA, or Fever board. The more people play/buy ESPN the more likely the series will survive. This make all football games better.

Peace

its not weird that its on the ESPN board, its weird because its on a board at all. Its not a goal of many (imo) to see how many guys they can "convert" to buy one particular video game instead of another one.

Exactly. I'm telling you, it's becoming a religion.

I'm not saying disown ESPN or anything. You can love the game, kiss it...hell, f**k it from behind for all I care. But when it gets to "converting" people like it's your paying job(when it's not)...it just gets...hinky. And then the usual "If you play Madden over ESPN, it's because you don't know real football" crap that makes me mad.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:50 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

What the hell is a Maddenite?
Old 06-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #35
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

no clue, but there is 5 less of them supposedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #36
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

no clue, but there is 5 less of them supposedly.

I'm all for the losing of 5 Madden fanboys but to convert them into ESPN fanboys is just as offensive.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #37
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

This is too much like those new Wendy's commercials. You don't work for them, but you're trying to enlighten everyone about the new taste of Wendy's....I mean gameplay of ESPN 2K.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Rekkapryde said:
Just went home to my parents crib this weekend and brought ESPN with me to try and convert some friends of mine back home. And needless to say, we got another 7 guys buying ESPN instead of Madden this year. They absolutely LOVED the game!!! Of course,they were still getting some of their "madden habits" out of their system, but they loved the animations, presentation, graphics and gameplay (PS2 version). And when I told them that the new one was going to be 20 bucks, they thought I was seriously bull!%%@n!!

Show and tell works better than anything if you got the chance. If you play the game (and make them go through the tutorials), it really helps others get adjusted. My friends and I have been playing Madden for 14 years, so I thought it would be harder to have them give ESPN a shot, but seeing the game played does enough in front of them. I'm gonna continue to spread the word and show the game off. It works!

I hope to God that you're not older than 16. This is getting out of hand. A video game crusade?? LOL
Old 06-20-2004, 02:51 PM   #39
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
why do people think VC is going anywhere...dont you realize selling 700,000 copies of a videogame is astronamically good!!!thats like 30 million dollars in revenue...some of you need a clue

You should get a clue and realize that there's a thing called Expenses and it's obvious VC's been lacking in their Marketing.

So concerned with sales- well chew on this.
If EA and VC sell the same amount of copies, who comes out on top? The company with the $20 game or the company with the $40 game?

Again, I don't get what's with some of you on this mission. It's like a low-buget street team for VC.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #40
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

brahmagoul said:
This is too much like those new Wendy's commercials. You don't work for them, but you're trying to enlighten everyone about the new taste of Wendy's....I mean gameplay of ESPN 2K.

LOL, I was thinking about that too. It's hilarious when people go on "gaming crusades" but it's even funnier when people get all defensive when somebody shows them a new game. I got friends who are Madden fans, but I'll occasionally bring ESPN around and they're like "we don't want to play that crap, were Madden fans for life, Madden will always be #1."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »