Home

Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN

This is a discussion on Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 10:39 PM   #73
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN

Wow i relly hope the defensive hot routes are like the one madden is using being able to double on a person during the play on the field. Also is the maxium taclking on offense over powering? Every time i see it on espn the offensive player seems to break the defense every time. I really hope this game ends up looking like it sounds, hot can't wait
Old 06-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 7

"Also is the maxium taclking on offense over powering? Every time i see it on espn the offensive player seems to break the defense every time."

It is probably like every other feature in a football game. In the preview it looks flawless then when you try to do it yourself you end up fumbling horribly.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:07 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

I still think you should be able to call for a double team on any player before the snap. (Not from the menu

Umm your supposed to be able to do that with the new def hot routes, have you not tried them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 01:29 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Whoa, the defensive hot routes would make a HUGE difference on D. I will definitely check that out. We got no paperwork with the burn and although it could be an older build, it could also be the burn. The game only loads sometimes and we have to switch debug units sometimes to get it to run. The ESPN 25 are in the game, but has trouble loading.

Looking forward to defensive hot routes. I am enjoying the game to the poster that thought i wasn't. I wish i could take it home, but no debug there.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:29 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 21

Thanks for the impressions. I'm wondering if the QB rotate animation is resolved somewhat with more liberal use of the QB Evade stick. From the videos I've seen, it looks like that has some good animations for just moving the QB around in the pocket, not just for evading a sack. Could just be wishful thinking on my part, but see if that makes any difference.

P.S. If you've mentioned this already, I apologize. But is FP playable in your copy? Can you comment on any changes? Thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

allgames said:
Whoa, the defensive hot routes would make a HUGE difference on D. I will definitely check that out. We got no paperwork with the burn and although it could be an older build, it could also be the burn. The game only loads sometimes and we have to switch debug units sometimes to get it to run. The ESPN 25 are in the game, but has trouble loading.

Looking forward to defensive hot routes. I am enjoying the game to the poster that thought i wasn't. I wish i could take it home, but no debug there.

Are you enjoying it so much that you might play it more than Madden this year
Old 06-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #79
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Whoa i have a question, is maxium tackling good? Does it fit well into the game? And for the big hits do they like nice and painfull but not over the top like some of the hit stick moves?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:14 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

allgames said:
I wish they allowed you to tell receivers to break off a route and get open when i am scrambling like Maddens Playmaker allows.

In 2K4 they did break off a route when you scramble. I don't think they change that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »