Home

Our ESPN NFL 2K5 Review

This is a discussion on Our ESPN NFL 2K5 Review within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #89
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Our ESPN NFL 2K5 Review

Quote:

KillRoy said:
Quote:

and better online interface imo and I'm sure more quality opponents.

are you saying the PS2 players are not as good as the xbx players?

but thanks for the feedback about the buttons.

Actually not at all. I just didn't want to do the long explanation but I will so I won't confuse anyone that thinks that's what I meant.

The XBOX has generally been the most supported console for fans of the 2k series since it first launched. Add that to the PS2 having a much bigger Madden following. I'd guess that it's still true that there will be many more units sold for the Xbox than the PS2 for this reason and the other advantages to the xbox version in this year's game. Not to mention I'd say there will be more xbox owners online than ps2 owners (another general assumption for all games on these systems) and you have more competition to choose from. Quantity does not equal quality but if the percentage of quality is the same on each then the total number would be less on the ps2.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:52 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

KillRoy said:
Quote:

I find the control scheme great for the most part, other than the black/white buttons (thats more of an XBOX problem anyways), but the gameplays awesome

whats wrong with the black and white buttons? i`m buying this game tomorrow (it goes for an even cheaper price at target starting tomorrow.... $16.00) and i`m not sure which version to get because i have both systems, ps2 and xbx. i want to get the xbx version but if the black and white buttons are a "major" problem then i might reconsider.

on a side note- i have controller S.

Nothing's wrong with the B and W buttons in terms of the game... it's just that the buttons are kind of hard to use no matter what game you're playing and they are kind of important in the game. I'd personally get the xbox version as it just feels better with a much crisper and more realistic look, video halftime and post game shows (makes a big difference to me) and better online interface imo and I'm sure more quality opponents.

BTW, you don't really need to power up for stiff arms. That makes it a bit easier if you know you can just prepare for them without trying to hold A before doing one.

I had the same problems with the buttons. Gamespot has a controller made by Pelican where the white and black buttons are on the top. Its perfect!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:58 AM   #91
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

I had the same problems with the buttons. Gamespot has a controller made by Pelican where the white and black buttons are on the top. Its perfect!

well do you have a link you can send us too so we can take a look at this controller?

and do you mean gameSTOP or gameSPOT? i looked at gamestop and didn`t see anything like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

The game is really good. I mean the stuff they put in this year like the VIP profiles, Online Leagues. The coolest thing is when you play a League and you can then check it online. They really did a good job this year, and heck you can't really beat the price. Hopefully this leads to other games and companies thinking that they can do well with a price tag like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »