Home

"Custom Music and the Xbox" FAQ...

This is a discussion on "Custom Music and the Xbox" FAQ... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 05:25 PM   #9
Rookie

zoltar's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: \"Custom Music and the Xbox\" FAQ...

Follow up questions. I've loaded music on my HD, but haven't loaded into the game. 1. How do you know how much of the song to transfer over? 2. If you're not sure and transfer more into the game to avoid being cut off, isn't there a risk that the part you want played during the game won't in fact be played. 3. How do you find a balance? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:28 PM   #10
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Klocker said:
I was under the impression (I thought Steve said something) that the clips pay through the PA and have the reverb.

Mine are just blaring straight at me.

Any info?

THX

I use Nero burning software for all my music burning. When I burn, I "normalize" all my audio clips so they are at the same volume(different bit rates on MP3s cause them to be at different volumes). I also can add the "reverb" effect to them as I burn them. This will give you that "Stadium PA" effect. I suggest do all your audio editing on your PC before you pop it into your Xbox. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #11
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

zoltar said:
Follow up questions. I've loaded music on my HD, but haven't loaded into the game. 1. How do you know how much of the song to transfer over? 2. If you're not sure and transfer more into the game to avoid being cut off, isn't there a risk that the part you want played during the game won't in fact be played. 3. How do you find a balance? Thanks.

You can transfer the entire song, then use the editing tool that the game brings to start at a certain point, and end at the certain point. You will then take that piece, give it a name. and then add it to any situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #12
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

RGmoney said:
Quote:

Klocker said:
I was under the impression (I thought Steve said something) that the clips pay through the PA and have the reverb.

Any info?

THX

I use Nero burning software for all my music burning. When I burn, I "normalize" all my audio clips so they are at the same volume(different bit rates on MP3s cause them to be at different volumes). I also can add the "reverb" effect to them as I burn them. This will give you that "Stadium PA" effect. I suggest do all your audio editing on your PC before you pop it into your Xbox. Hope this helps.

Cool thanks

I'll try that.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

the_future420 said:
Quote:

Klocker said:

Any info?

THX

yeah, im having this same problem. Any help would be GREATLY apperciated.

Here is what I encountered. The songs that I burned from a real CD right onto my Xbox are really loud. Since my Xbox wont read ANY CDS besides orignals, I got the Xbox Music Mixer. The songs that I transfer from my computer seem to be lower and blend in with the game. Also, you can turn the PA Volume down to have the songs blend in better.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
Quote:

BigEast55 said:
Sorry to be picky, but its CD-RW not CD-WR.

you are absolutely correct. I wrote the thing just as i was walking out of my office. Will fix. Gracias

Always here to lurk... err.. help
Old 07-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #15
Rookie

zoltar's Arena

Quote:

2kMatrtixevolved said:
Quote:

the_future420 said:
Quote:

Klocker said:

Any info?

THX

yeah, im having this same problem. Any help would be GREATLY apperciated.

Here is what I encountered. The songs that I burned from a real CD right onto my Xbox are really loud. Since my Xbox wont read ANY CDS besides orignals, I got the Xbox Music Mixer. The songs that I transfer from my computer seem to be lower and blend in with the game. Also, you can turn the PA Volume down to have the songs blend in better.

So the music mixer or the new mtv music generator can add the reverb for you? Will turning the PA volume give be comparable to using the mixer/generator? TIA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

zoltar said:

I have all my songa that set to play to the end that way they dont end abruptly. The only time that is a problem for me is the stadium intro because they dont fade that song out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »