Home

Awful framerate in xbox version

This is a discussion on Awful framerate in xbox version within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Awful framerate in xbox version

Quote:

blackceasar said:
Actually I dont see a framerate issue with the Xbox version..like someone said earlier not every game is going to be 60FPS,and the ones who achieve 60FPS dont stay at that frame rate 100% of the time. My suggesstion is for those complaining, take your azz to college, get a degree in Mathematics, another in Engineering, and a Third in 3D Animation and figure out how to fix the problem or create your own game that is 60FPS all the time. If you can do this I will personally streak across the White House Lawn and take a dump on George Bush's bed. There are things like Pologyon count color depth, etc etc that all play a part in wether the framerate drops , goes back up, or whatever..even the camera movement and stuff play a part.

So, anytime we have a problem with a product, we are not allowed to complain becuase we don't have the knowledge required to make the product ourselves... I look down on name calling and things like that, but how do you handle such ignorant posts???...Most of us who are having the dropped frames in 2K5 own 2K4 also. We know what a game looks like that has a consistently high framerate. We feel like we deserve more. $20 or not, why did the framerate go down? That's the question I have for VC. If I have to choose between a consistent 60fps or the players having visible veins in their arms, I gotta go with the 60fps. Some of you guys need to suck it up. Your favorite game is not perfect...ok...GET OVER IT. We like the game too or else we wouldn't care enough to even come here and complain. We'd just go take it back and get a refund. My plan is to try out the PS2 version of 2K5 to see if it has the same problems, and also rent Madden so I can make a decision on which game will get most of my playing time this season.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:42 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Your favorite game is not perfect...ok...GET OVER IT.

that is what you don't get, please refer me to a perfect sports game. There isn't one and never will be so GET OVER IT>
Old 07-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Quote:

Your favorite game is not perfect...ok...GET OVER IT.

that is what you don't get, please refer me to a perfect sports game. There isn't one and never will be so GET OVER IT>

Did I say there was a perfect sports game out there. Did I say I needed 2K5 to be perfect. You're not making any sense... Some of you just hate hearing that the game has flaws. Personally, I don't care...I want to hear about the flaws. At least so I can prepare for them and know how to get around them. I always find work arounds for glitches either on my own or visiting OS. And, I have found a work around for just about every flaw in the game EXCEPT the framerate issue, which wasn't in 2K4 btw. If you don't want to hear about the framerate issues, why can't you just beat it.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:53 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Shamrock_11 said:
Quote:

EASegaRule said:
Quote:

Shamrock_11 said:
I'm with you on this one. I'm playing on normal speed, and the game seems 'too' smooth to me. I'm guessing that some of the people in this thread don't know what slowdown really is. There will always be someone to complain I suppose.

Hopefully you're not indicative of the intelligence of OS forum contributers. Sheesh.

Sorry I dared to disagree with you. I'm not sure what right that gives you to insult my intelligence though.

You didn't disagree. You intimated that I didn't "know what slowdown really is". Well, guess what, I've been gaming long enough to know that the framerate in ESPN 2K5 is downright awful at times.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've noticed pretty bad slowdown in snowy games. But all in all I love this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #62
Rookie

Bossplaya's Arena

OVR: 1

I know that the image qualityis much improved on my HDTV. Much of the shimmering and jaggies are almost completely gone this year, which was a slight problem last year. I don't notice much of the slowdown, and truth be told, when it was present in ESPN NBA's cut scenes it didn't piss me off.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 22

Who ever said there is a framerate issue with ESPN05 - needs to wipe the dirt from your eye's..that or go back to NCAA and witness some "REAL" framerate issues.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Moegames said:
Who ever said there is a framerate issue with ESPN05 - needs to wipe the dirt from your eye's..that or go back to NCAA and witness some "REAL" framerate issues.

It's amusing how fans of ESPN can't handle a criticism of their game without mentioning an EA title. Sad, but true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »