Home

VC responds to XBox LIve server problems/ patch on the way

This is a discussion on VC responds to XBox LIve server problems/ patch on the way within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #41
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: VC responds to XBox LIve server problems/ patch on the way

Quote:

lnin0 said:
I was raised on TecmoBowl and Madden and in those games the DB AI, Trade AI and pursuit angles where...where pretty much non-existant. The problem is now days all you people somehow let the media and marketing hype suck you into thinking this isn't just a video game when it is. It is still only some odd 20 years since video games were invented - they cost $20-$50...maybe you should just stop expecting them to be 'real' and just enjoy them as a game.

Excellent post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 07:01 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

lnin0 said:
I was raised on TecmoBowl and Madden and in those games the DB AI, Trade AI and pursuit angles where...where pretty much non-existant. The problem is now days all you people somehow let the media and marketing hype suck you into thinking this isn't just a video game when it is. It is still only some odd 20 years since video games were invented - they cost $20-$50...maybe you should just stop expecting them to be 'real' and just enjoy them as a game.

In premise, this is good thinking. (even if playing Tecmo Super Bowl today makes me wonder what I was thinking...oh..seasons, injuries, player condition, stats, etc..that's what I was thinking. But the gameplay..whooo.)

In practice...well...

Bad pursuit angles and bad DB AI can ruin the newer games. With their emphasis on 'realism' and the like, it kills to have to be put in bad situations due to the more extreme AI issues.

People do unrealistic/unethical cuts to make those pursuit angles so bad in some cases. That's on the gamer that's making the cuts in ESPN.

Bad DB AI: it is easily the difference between batted/intercepted/challenged receivers and passes vs open and unchallenged receivers.

Jimaveli
Old 07-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #43
Rookie

dvdguy's Arena

OVR: 1

Just imagine the outcry over "AI" there would have been if, at the beginning of your first franchise season, you get an email in your inbox saying that Ricky Williams retired before the start of pre-season. I mean, how outrageous! That would never happen!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

dvdguy said:
Just imagine the outcry over "AI" there would have been if, at the beginning of your first franchise season, you get an email in your inbox saying that Ricky Williams retired before the start of pre-season. I mean, how outrageous! That would never happen!

I was thinking that also. I think the db ai is good and I like the pursuit angles. I have no problem stopping the run or the pass. I play on default settings Legend with my cowboys. It could be the gamer. Naw.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:00 PM   #45
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, and you can patch the Xbox version. You can't really fix the ps2 game version once it's broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 08:56 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

lnin0 said:

That is an excellent point and I agree with you. I remember playing Joe Montana football on Genesis or whatever console it was, its been so long that I cant remember. Things were definately simpler than. However, as another poster alluded to, with the aggressive marketing and forums and gaming sites such as OS and ESPN Video Games that claim that these games are simulation football, yada-yada-yada, this is what we come to expect on the release date. And when there are issues such as server problems, trade logic, DB AI, etc, it can be somewhat disappointing and frustrating to see. I want ESPN to do well and continue on with what they are doing. I think they are definately on the right track. With the technology today I think these problems are patchable and can be fixed. It's just a question of whether or not VC wants to or can do it. But as Bandit has stated, it doesn't look as if this is going to happen being as it sounds that he works or has a direct connection with the programmers at VC. And to me that is a shame, especially when you consider the other glithes and bugs that others are finding on the glitches/bugs sticky.

If I am guilty of being nit-picky than I will be the first to admit it. But I know that I am not alone. From here on out I am going to try and go back to the essence of playing, as some of us did not so long ago, and forget about what is being said by marketing people, fanboys, and the like. I'm just not going to let myself get setup with all the hype again.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:39 PM   #47
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Whats up guys ...listen i posted a possible fix a few days ago that few of my friends have tried and got it to work .
I just cant remember what board i put it on so ill put it here . I would like someone else to try this to see if this works.
First of all im pretty certain this is a gamertag issue...im not sure in what way but all the tests we have done seem to suggest this .

Well anyway heres what we did.

1.Make sure you have your CC that you registered LIVE with in the first place as you will need to recover it .

2.Get rid of all your saves ( put them on a memory card ) but delte them off your XBOX . ( really only your live account and any rosters you have needs to be deleted).

3.Now boot back into the game and try to get online ....of course you cant because its going to tell you "no gamertag found" thats good

4. now boot back into the dashboard ..go to the LIVE section and recover your account with the original CC you used when you signed up.

5.Now boot back into the game and try to sign on ...this SHOULD fix this as this has fixed all 4 of my friends that have been having the same trouble .

I believe this somehow resets your nametag in the database or something .Anyway if anyone would be willing to try and let me know if it worked for you as well.

Hope this helps more of you get online that havent been able to like a few of my friends and myself. ( i was one of the people who was never able to log on at ALL since day 1).
Old 07-26-2004, 12:02 AM   #48
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Note to complainers...this game is great..highly addicting, very real game play. If they fix the online issues, the online game will be great..some of us are more into online then franchise anyway..if i liked franchise so much id get madden..but madden is not going to be able to hang online..i just don't think it will....so lets not nitpick the game to death..i love how it takes hours to become a great runner, i love how it feels to play offfense and defense this year...im still just loving that aspect.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »