Home

Madden Wishlist's ESPN 2K5 Review

This is a discussion on Madden Wishlist's ESPN 2K5 Review within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2004, 01:23 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden Wishlist\'s ESPN 2K5 Review

That was one bias review and not worth reading in the end he pretty much negated everything he said bout 2k5 by suggesting you don't waste your money and buy it.I am happy for him cause I'll be enjoying 2k5 and hopes he enjoys madden.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:30 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

glad i wasnt the only one

tried to cover up the one sidedness(sp)...by trying a compare and contrast...but its his opinion, and it cannot be changed

also...i utterly disagree when he says its an entirely different game from 2004...they both have the same tackling system...how different, in terms of real football aspects are they
Old 07-31-2004, 01:35 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

It's an OK review with one error.

He says he can only call one hot route on any given play. This is not true. If you have your settings on "Multiple Hot Routes" then this point is moot.

Also notes that switching defenders to make a tackle is a problem with gameplay. I beg to differ. That's the sort of control of the defense that I always wanted in other football games but didn't have it.

I can empathize with him on the responsiveness of the juke system. It can afford to be more responsive.

I can also empathize about the commentary being interrupted by buttoning through a replay or screen. I would also like the commentary to just flow without interruption.

Nice honest review though. I'd like him to revisit the review after several months of playing Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 03:01 AM   #12
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

Personally i dont think this was a good review overall. It was good until he started pointing out minor flaws that doesnt bother gameplay much or didnt sit thru the menus to find options to turn on features that are actually in the game. He also just played 10 games and i'm guessing since he's never really played all or any of the NFL 2k games and just picked up 2k5 just because of the price. Like every other person he goes on to suggest that $20 games are not worthy purchases. I also can read that he liked 2k5 but never really wanted to see all the tiny details hidden in the game that are only open with patience and time. 10 games on supposedly allpro is not doing it for me. Most newcomers to the 2k series have problem winning their first 5 games after switching from pro to allpro. Hell i didnt beat the computer on Allpro in 2k5 until 6 games later and now im using custom sliders that are challenging.

If he had a veteran 2k5 player teach him all the tiny things that are not mentioned as new features he would have harder time choosing wether he should really consider Madden 2005 as the king of sports football or the football video game that needs an engine overhaul in many areas. This is only my opinion after reading all this. Some might see this as a post that's trying to defend my prefered game but i'm just trying to point out that playing 2k5 10 times on supposedly allpro doesnt open and let you see everything the game has to offer.(sry for the run on sentences )

2k5
Old 07-31-2004, 03:43 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Good review but I dont understand how you can recommend gamers not to pick up ESPN NFL2k5. Your review gave the edge in gameplay to ESPN, presentation to ESPN, and Madden had better franchise. I thought 2 out of three means a better game. The tackleing and blocking system is sooooooooo much better than madden that its hard for me to go back and play NCAA 2005. It just feel like a big step back for me and I paid 50 frigin bucks for this game. I am hoping this is not the case Madden 2005 because the only reason why I would play Madden is against my friends who only play Madden.

Spin, go in practice mode and just practice off tackles running plays. ESPN tackling and blocking system has an impact on everything on gameplay.

I am loving your update on Madden 2005 and wish ESPN had a similiar site.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:48 AM   #14
Banned

what do you expect from a madden site...a negative review...do you really think they would risk being cut from the early copy mailing list...

just the way it is...
Old 07-31-2004, 04:42 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
what do you expect from a madden site...a negative review...do you really think they would risk being cut from the early copy mailing list...

just the way it is...

He is really critical of Madden 2005 in his updates. Even his review was pretty even handed for the most part. I just didnt understand his conclusion. Dont buy ESPN, just didnt make sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 04:50 AM   #16
Banned

critical...or do you mean tabs on the backside you would give to a baby..." dont do that"

it wasnt fair for him to say dont buy espn...although they added everything on defense in 2k4 and are marketing the hell out of it

poo-pooded all of espn's new quirks...did he even mention VIP

also noted that he went in looking for a major letdown, but came out quite surprised, although much wasnt added besides hot routes on defense

gotta come harder than that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »