Home

The Chronicles Of Rickster101

This is a discussion on The Chronicles Of Rickster101 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Chronicles Of Rickster101

I have found tweaking these sliders that lowering Running and Blocking for Human a few nothes especially running gets more realstic stats and CPU Running and Blocking should be high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 11:18 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_TIMBER
Ok, here's what I did tonight,I'm using Ricksters ver 2 sliders with 8 min qtrs.As I said before all my starting QB's are 99 pass acc,99 pass read,95 composure,99 consistency.
Of a QB’s non-physical attributes/ratings, Consistency, Pass read Coverage and Composure are by far the three that most affect a QB’s overall ratings: Consistency can improve a QB’s overall rating by up to 17 points; Coverage and Composure by 10 points each. I bumped up Composure and immediately noticed that QB passes were much more exact – sort of like a boost in accuracy but with the ability to zing passes in there in tight coverage.

By using a combination of Pass Accuracy, Consistency, Pass Read Coverage and Composure ratings – all between 80 and 99 – any QB can be effective IMO. Obviously, the higher the numbers the better… but what I’m suggesting is that it isn’t necessarily necessary to raise every QB’s Pass Accuracy to 90+. There are a few ways at least to create effective – and different types of – QB’s.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok,here's a shorter rundown of what I've done so far,I'll detail with stats after I get home from work tonight.I'm using Ricksters ver 2 as I've said before I adjusted all the LB'S coverage way down and the CB's coverage down some as well as the QB'S pass acc,read,comp.consist,up in high 90's.I started another franchise,I control all teams since I do cpu/cpu games.I ran through IND/NE, JAX/BUFF, DET/CHI, BALT/CLE, TENN/MIA which are the first games scheduled and I found the results to be very good so far.My QB int's were realistic,some had no int and yet some had a few and they were more off true picks than tipped balls that go up and bounce around in the air.My running stats were good all in all,some backs had a little higher avg yds but that came from a few longer runs which can happen.I've seen a few teams get behind and yet be able to come back and either win or make it close and I've had one blowout.I won't be editng anymore players but I may tweak Ricksters sliders a little in the pursuit and tackle area since I've seen some bad pursuit angles on runs to the very outside although not frequent.The only thing that may concern me is the scores seem a little high 30/23, 28/21, 34/20, 42/3, 34/38 but they seem realistic as well.The ravens and Browns were tied 10/10 ata the half and it was raining hard and I had at least 3 fumbles on k/o returns that were either taken in for TD'S or the offense had qa very short field.I'll post some stats later but I'm fairly satisfied that interceptions although I still see them are realistic and not as common.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Go with the first ones posted on page 1 of this thread, to answer your question no its not the same really. When you start adjusting on a level thats where your skill level will be coming from.

There is a set in the game called Custom along with the other sets Rookie,Pro, All Pro, Legend and Custom thats where the settings you make convert into. when you start out on any level thats where you are at even if you adjust it down to 0 it is still derived from the level you start at.

I started on the Legend level because of its inherited gameplay.

Holla Back ya'll
I've finally understood some of your jargon. This quote is meaningless however. Where you start from (Rookie, Legend, etc.) has no bearing on how your custom sliders play. As soon as you change one thing on any of the default difficulty settings (Rookie, Legend, etc.) the sliders are now a Custom set. There is no pre - set difficulty in the game called Custom. Starting from Legend and modifying from there results in absolutely no different result from modifying to the same slider settings from Rookie. There is no "inherited" gameplay. Logic101.

I've struggled through some of your posts thinking maybe you were some disarticulate genius or something, but realize - no.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #45
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Thats call fredom of expression and free thought and you're entitled to both but thats what I've found to be the case with these sliders and it seems to work however you can come to your own conclusions and spend countless hours yourself and do your own testing and conclude with your own findings as you see fit.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 6

Rickster, When you say... "Go with the first ones posted on page 1"

do you mean the Fair play settings. I'm interested in a good Human vs. CPU game. Someone mentioned V2 are those the fair play sliders?
Old 08-19-2004, 02:47 PM   #47
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan75
Rickster, When you say... "Go with the first ones posted on page 1"

do you mean the Fair play settings. I'm interested in a good Human vs. CPU game. Someone mentioned V2 are those the fair play sliders?
The first set "Fair Play #4 are the ones you'd use for a better Human vs CPU game. The V2 are good also but more in the line of a Coach/Watch TV Style game but can play Human vs CPU with minor tweaks.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

Thanks much dude, I'll give em a shot tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »