Home

The Chronicles Of Rickster101

This is a discussion on The Chronicles Of Rickster101 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #57
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Chronicles Of Rickster101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I just have one question about Rickster's sliders. Are they from the far left?
Let me answer that for you, when I created these sliders I started from the Legend Level and adjusted them from there, Some guys don't think that it makes much of a difference where they start from but I do and see the difference in "my" game playing experience.

I guess thats whats so odd about these sliders just when you think you've got them figured out something eles pops up and you start to do a lot of crazy over the top adjustments, I stop doing that and just made a few series of sets and stayed with those and thats why I haven't changed or updated them....basically because they work and I'd rather be playing the game as oposed to spending too much time tweaking and adjusting, I had thought about posting another set but I'm hearing good things overall about them.

No they're not gonna save the world or anything like that they're just fun to use and you can make whatever adjustments you'd like to fit the type of game and style you play.

Theres always gonna be someone coming up with the "Next Big Thing", so for now I just play the game with a good set and stick with them after about trying so many different sliders you just want to play and like I said they seem to work fine for now so enjoy them.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-20-2004, 09:41 PM   #58
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Since I've found sometime between games and reading post I thought I'd mention a few things about these sliders not just mine but all sliders.

They can be very time consuming for some guys wanting to just play or get into their Franchises. If you're not sure just read what they do or don't do anybody can make them up as they please the trick is where do you start from, well if you're new to this I'd reccommend the custom level since IMO it plays the most "Fair" game with the CPU and you can see a lot of changes in how they respond.

Thens theres that "Hot" and "Hotter" effect....the sliders are always going to be doing something and if you zero them out you basically default to the games CPU and the players attributes because the is no true "Zero" absolute here, there is always something going on with the CPU, maybe more, maybe less but never nothing.

So when you see "Zero" basically its just a default for the CPU sliders to either be less "Difficult" thats the sliders real function .....increase to make more difficult, decrease to make less difficult thats it and why they're' called "Difficulty Settings" and by definition are said to do just that ......more or less difficult.

We all know theres this "Hardcode" effect that permeates the game with a defensive domination built in and it was designed purposly to be that way so its easy just tweak, adjust, tone down or whatever you term it....you're basically making it less difficult and more easier to play base on your skill level and style you'd like to see or play.

And you have options to adjust players attributes but I caution doing that too much because some players are really that good and you could effect their Caps for Franchise play or player progressions.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-20-2004, 11:48 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just finished a few more games and what I didn't do when I used Ricksters sliders was start at legend first and then put in his sliders.I didn't really think it mattered but I thought I'd give it a try since I've had pretty good games with his settings and not knowing where I started from but I was concerned my scoring cpu/cpu was a little high.So I went back and started at legend and then put in his sliders,here's the results.First game Rams/Cards Final 38-10 Rams, Faulk had 2 TD.s 123 yds on 22 carries, Bulger threw for 382 yds and 3Td's but was int 3 times.He was 23/42 54%.Mcnown was 16/30 286 yds 53% 1 td 1 int Shipp ran for 63 yds/16 carries.I was concerned the score was high but the Rams totally dominated the game as they probably would in real life so next game Bucs/Redskins Bucs won 23-20 in OT in the rain Portis had 1 td 169 yds rushing /33 carries, Brunell was 14/30 46% 1 td 0 int. Johnson was 24/46 52% 421 yds 1td 4ints they didn't run the ball all that much Alstott had 8 carries and a created guy Ladeen Taylor had 8/46 yds 1 td.Seems like the Bucs will throw 3 to 1.Last game Vikes/Cowboys Vikes won 14-10 C-pep was 11/22 83 yds. 50% 1TD 0 int, Bennett was 18/101 5.6avg 1td. Warner(traded for him I released Quincy too) was 22/41 54% 310 yds 0tds 3 ints. Julius was 18/56 3.1 avg 1td. Minn had 3 sacks Dallas none.Dallas ran 63 plays 44pass/19run Minn ran 46 plays 23pass/21run.The only concern I have is the YAC the high rated receivers get.I mean Keyshawn had 88 YACS 11 rec/209 yds. Wow!I'm pretty satisfied with this partly because it's about as close as I think I can get and frankly I'm tired of this s###! Even since I've dropped all the LB/DB ratings down and upped the QB's I'm still having interceptions but it's within the games realm.I mean it seems when the Qb pass attempts is in the high 30's 40's that when you see more picks but Warner was being pressured allot in that game,he was sacked 3 times and hurried.Johnson's game was in the rain and I obviously see more fumbles and picks in the rain.The only problem is the YACS some of these really good WR get but I'd rather have that than the multiple interceptions.The game plays very well,The Cowboys drove it down in the last 2 min to the Vikes 20 yd line and then Kevin Williams sacked Warner with about 30 secs left,they hurried and he threw a completion to Keyshawn over the middle and he was hit by Winfield and fumbled the ball,Vikes recover to win.Oh by the way I have the correct Viking horn blowing on 1st downs and such and the Skol Vikings song after Td's/FG's it's pretty neat.I'm in the process of customizing all the stadiums,that's my next step.These three games were played with Ricksters cpu/cpu ver2 sliders starting at legend and then moving them,I think this may actually be true but I'm not 100% convinced although these three played differantly from my first posts.Oh just a comment I watched my Vikes destroy Hotlanta 17-0 only to see the scrubs blow it and lose,didn't notice Lesnar in the game either I think he's history(hard working man though) I hate preseason games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 02:18 AM   #60
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

I'm not sure if any of you guys have seen or experienced this yet out of your games usings the Coach/Watch TV Style sliders Ver.2 and I really haven't posted any updates yet but I'm still thinking about that, anyway I saw what I think was my first kick off return by the CPU, what was strange and unique was that it happen in Cleveland in the "snow".

If you're using the sliders from the set I mentioned above make a minor adjustment to your ...Coverage to 2, Your Pursuit to 10 and your Tackle to 5..these suttle changes offer up a little more defensive aggression to the game without making it complicated, so go on and give them a tweak and let me know how these adjustments turn out, they may work for you.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #61
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

I thought this might be helpful since I replyed in another post I thought it would be good here also:

Re: DL not making tackles?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might help a bit, if you show a little love with the pursuit slider or lower the blocking your "D" linemen will be a bit more effective and come up with some pretty nice gameplay at the line of scrimige.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #62
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Re: Aggressiveness = Bad animations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off I just want to applaud u guys on your work. Secondly, I want to give my two cents on the pursuit slider. Now we all know there is a catch twenty-two with the coverage/int slider and bad animations: high cov/int=better animations=two many int's-----low cov/int=terrible animations=less int's. I decided to do away with the coverage and Int slider and focus strictly on pursuit to understand it's affect.
Human/CPU
0-40

Blocking 32/32
Passing 0/40
Running 0/32
Catching 16/16
Coverage 0/0
Pursuit 32/32
Tackling 0/0
Kicking 16/16
Fatigue 4/4
Injury 4
Fumbles 8
Int 0

I've been playing with these sliders for the last ten games of my franchise and I've noticed three things. One, the pursuit slider keeps the defensive player closer to the offensive player whether it be zone or man coverage without the assistance of the coverage slider. Two, since the defender is closer to the player it is easier for the a.i. to choose an animation that suits the situation. Three, the pursuit slider does not get rid of the bad animations, but it does allow the defensive player to recover from the bad animations faster. For example, if my free safety is in position to hit the receiver, but instead he goes into some stupid catch animation when he's 3 yards from the receiver, the free saftey will finish the catch animation faster and still have time to hit the receiver like he should have. To me, the pursuit slider is kind of like a boost of speed to the defense, that allows the players to react faster to situations on the field. Setting the coverage, Int,tackling sliders to zero do not make the players idiots like you make think because the player's ratings have a large weight in the equation. It may seem like the pursuit slider gives the defense an affair advantage, but I've been able to combat it by raising blocking for both sides, and by raising the cpu passing and running ability. I hope this helps anyone that's editing player attributes.

This was a post by twism23 and he should be credited for it, I thought I'd repost it here because sometimes these get over looked. In any case it makes an important obsevation and I pretty much agree with his breakdown on it, also it can be very helpful to a lot of guys and hopefully assist you.

He has posted something I find quite good and deserves to be seen by all if you haven't read it already, great job twism23 and a good read.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #63
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Well from the views this thread is getting I assume guys are finding it useful for getting the lastest scoop on who's doing what and how things are turning out.

First off props to HMcCoy and his thread : Aggressiveness = Bad animations.

Its makes for a very good read and info on certain ratings that when adjusted can provide some really excellent gameplay by those cursed DB's, well this guy is onto something big with his work along with a few other guys posting over there so be sure to read up on his work.

In the meantime I've created some sliders to go along with his roster ratings( I'm sure he has his own for testing) and so here they are for HMcCoys roster ratings concerning the DB's.

CPU vs CPU.....10 min

Blocking......22.....Injury......14
Passing.......29......Fumble....18
Running.......30.....Intercept..0
Catching.....30
Coverage.....9
Pursuit........9
Tackling......9
Kicking.......10
Fatigue......4

These work well with HMcCoys roster suggestions so try em out and......

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Re: Aggressiveness = Bad animations.

First off I just want to applaud u guys on your work. Secondly, I want to give my two cents on the pursuit slider. Now we all know there is a catch twenty-two with the coverage/int slider and bad animations: high cov/int=better animations=two many int's-----low cov/int=terrible animations=less int's. I decided to do away with the coverage and Int slider and focus strictly on pursuit to understand it's affect.
Human/CPU
0-40

Blocking 32/32
Passing 0/40
Running 0/32
Catching 16/16
Coverage 0/0
Pursuit 32/32
Tackling 0/0
Kicking 16/16
Fatigue 4/4
Injury 4
Fumbles 8
Int 0

I've been playing with these sliders for the last ten games of my franchise and I've noticed three things. One, the pursuit slider keeps the defensive player closer to the offensive player whether it be zone or man coverage without the assistance of the coverage slider. Two, since the defender is closer to the player it is easier for the a.i. to choose an animation that suits the situation. Three, the pursuit slider does not get rid of the bad animations, but it does allow the defensive player to recover from the bad animations faster. For example, if my free safety is in position to hit the receiver, but instead he goes into some stupid catch animation when he's 3 yards from the receiver, the free saftey will finish the catch animation faster and still have time to hit the receiver like he should have. To me, the pursuit slider is kind of like a boost of speed to the defense, that allows the players to react faster to situations on the field. Setting the coverage, Int,tackling sliders to zero do not make the players idiots like you make think because the player's ratings have a large weight in the equation. It may seem like the pursuit slider gives the defense an affair advantage, but I've been able to combat it by raising blocking for both sides, and by raising the cpu passing and running ability. I hope this helps anyone that's editing player attributes.

This was a post by twism23 and he should be credited for it, I thought I'd repost it here because sometimes these get over looked. In any case it makes an important obsevation and I pretty much agree with his breakdown on it, also it can be very helpful to a lot of guys and hopefully assist you.

He has posted something I find quite good and deserves to be seen by all if you haven't read it already, great job twism23 and a good read.

Holla Back ya'll
Arer these sliders good for coach/Watch tv also?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »