Home

How to make Comp QB run more

This is a discussion on How to make Comp QB run more within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2004, 06:52 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: How to make Comp QB run more

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinDihigo
Has anyone tried
Making a Vip from scratch where you play on rookie level and do a ton of qb runs and rollouts with vick ? Rack up a ton of yards and qb runs and then save the vip after the game as your running QB vip.
Then try playing the Vip.

If it works then you have a way to get the cpu to run a lot with the qb and you can assign that vip to teams that have running qbs...

not sure if the vip "learns" qb runs tho ?
I set all that up and tried it this morning… works like a charm. Great idea. Vick was running draws and bootlegs, but not so many as to make the game silly. And the CPU even chose some RO pass plays – which I didn’t pick when I was setting up the VIP.

This is A LOT easier than trying to edit playbooks. I spent hours last year making several custom playbooks for drop back QB teams that ran, drop back QB teams that passed, rollout QB teams that... It was fun, but I only had a few custom books and got tired of seeing the same plays after a while. With this, I can create the custom VIP’s, which don’t take very long, and use all the team playbooks. Plus, the VIP’s are easy to edit and improve upon. Too many running plays to the left? Just fire up a 2 minute quarter game, run some plays to the right and save the VIP. Done. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:05 AM   #10
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Actually, have you guys watched Sportscenter lately? It's seems the the scrambling wonder is now learning the West Coast offense and is convinced that it will make him a better QB. No more 3 step dropback and run. Maybe just designed one out of rollouts.I guess a broken leg and a new coach will make you see the light

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-16-2004, 07:29 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Actually, have you guys watched Sportscenter lately? It's seems the the scrambling wonder is now learning the West Coast offense and is convinced that it will make him a better QB. No more 3 step dropback and run. Maybe just designed one out of rollouts.I guess a broken leg and a new coach will make you see the light
Vick and MOra both said Vick will continue to run the ball. Why take away your best weapon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 08:21 AM   #12
Banned

Looks like VIP’s don’t work in franchise mode. Too bad. Back to the playbook-edit route I guess. I wish they’d put all features in all modes. I wrote VC last year to thank them for 2K4, and asked that they consider putting the franchise mode Coach Game Plan sliders in Quick game, etc. Alas, they only took me up on my VIP idea, and the improved graphics and game play recommendations I made. Three out of four’s pretty good, I suppose :-)
Old 08-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #13
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I set all that up and tried it this morning… works like a charm. Great idea. Vick was running draws and bootlegs, but not so many as to make the game silly. And the CPU even chose some RO pass plays – which I didn’t pick when I was setting up the VIP.

This is A LOT easier than trying to edit playbooks. I spent hours last year making several custom playbooks for drop back QB teams that ran, drop back QB teams that passed, rollout QB teams that... It was fun, but I only had a few custom books and got tired of seeing the same plays after a while. With this, I can create the custom VIP’s, which don’t take very long, and use all the team playbooks. Plus, the VIP’s are easy to edit and improve upon. Too many running plays to the left? Just fire up a 2 minute quarter game, run some plays to the right and save the VIP. Done. Thanks.
awesome that it works , that sucks to hear u can't do a vip in franchise mode. I wonder if there is anyway around that , I know some people control all teams to avoid crazy drafts and trades , is there any way to manage the Vips of teams in franchise mode if u did that ? i have no idea , plus it could be a pain to go thru all that ...
Old 08-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinDihigo
awesome that it works , that sucks to hear u can't do a vip in franchise mode. I wonder if there is anyway around that
Actually, it looks like you can assign a different VIP to each team you take control of when you’re setting up the Franchise. Which means you have to create 32 VIPs (if the game even let’s you) if you want to assign specific-style VIPs to specific teams… But I don’t see any way of assigning VIPs to CPU-controlled teams when setting up a game in Franchise mode.

It’s pretty fantastic for Quick games, though. Thanks again.

Edit: Come to think of it, you could probably just make one copy of a Vick-style VIP, and save it several times under different names… saves making a bunch of them. I think you can do that...?

Last edited by baa7; 08-16-2004 at 06:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »