Home

What should sega do to improve their franchise mode?

This is a discussion on What should sega do to improve their franchise mode? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: What should sega do to improve their franchise mode?

I SECOND THAT IDEA!--rip up the draft

1.DRAFT- where we can be at a table n see other folks at their table..and guyz in the back..the players getting picked walk from behind some dark area..whiles the name is announced(loading)snickering)..the coach of siad team walks up n holds up the jerzey whiles the player puts on the hat..CAMERAs flashing ,either claps,cheers,loud cheers,silence or boos from the crowd..n they both walk off..NEXT!!

2.DEFINATELY-add training camp/mini camp..drills n mini games- to bring rookies up a bit with their confidence/consistencay,,and other little stats..JUST MORE PRE-SEASON INVOVLMENT

3.REMOVE THAT CELEBRITY bullwash...leave the audio space so more rookie names can be said or more lines of commentary..damn vc/sega..there are better things to add as extra features than this stinkin celeb games!!..i'd rather have the option of placing items anywhere i want in crib..or have 3d models of celebs pop up for a party.and the guys from the cutscenes plus my players and the cheerleaders..then we play nfl 2k1 on the bigscreen....

4.TIGHTEN THE COLLISION DETECTION..this should be the first thing worked upon...

5.the front office we should be a 3d controlable coach n walk up to what we want.instead of a 3rd person view..walk out the front door to the bus and see players hop on n the bus arriving at the stadium

6.backgrounds for menus...
7.give these brats the option to change player positions..vc never get's the picture..damn!!..give them what they want u nutts!! they pay to play your freakin game!!!!

8.fully customizable-created team uniform & logo..again another thing i wanted for so long!! why is vc so stubborn!!!!
9.bring back the playoff tree..orange wind indicator flag from 2k2...

helmets poping off..endzone pylons falling over...qb towels..longer arms..put the guts that the coaches have on the linemen....(nice n round instead of triangle n flat.,.ANYONE ELSE NOTICE the coaches have perfect guts but not the players.)..
Old 08-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11
Arrow Re: What should sega do to improve their franchise mode?

I buy four games a year (ESPN-NFL, NBA, Grand Theft, Smackdown) and the reason I play sports games for the on field play and the Franchise mode. I played NFL from 2k-2k2 and have been playing Madden from 2003-2004 and this year I went back to ESPN as it blows Madden away in terms of game play but falls way behind in the Franchise mode. So the next football game better have some of these suggestions or I can wait to the next gen PS3 (w/ 24 GB discs compared to 4.7GB now) which should have everything imaginable. Here’s what I would like to see:

1. Coaches – Yes this game needs Head coaches, assistant coaches, off/def coordinators, scouts, trainer, etc. each person should have different personalities and styles and their attributes should affect team performance. Throw Bill parcels on your team and their stats increase. You should be able to control the coach and the CPU controls your staff. You set the agendas and they follow it based on their attributes. Coaches get hired, fired, retire and the CPU generates coaches threw the years as playing w/a 70 year old coach for 20 seasons is unreal. Bottom line, the staff you are has an impact on your team.
2. We need to have scouting during the whole season and on Sportcenter maybe should show some college games and talk about the breakout stars. Track players during the season and have your staff report to you during the year and when the season is over then the in depth scouting starts. Have the option of watching the combine and how players perform.
3. The email system is great but needs work. Everyone on your staff should email you or you can email them. Email your staff, players, and the owner and receive feedback.
4. I like the weekly prep but simplify it and let your staff handle it automatically and report back to you or you can do it.
5. Preseason – need practice squads, the ability to fill up your roster and cut people throughout training camp. Real injuries and the ability to play the practice squads and drills and have players improve.
6. Player emotions. Contract holdouts, more intense contract negotiations. During free agency, even if you offer a player maximum money, he may not play for you because you are not a contender or hates cold weather. Players upset about playing time or how much money they are making. This game needs emotion. More celebrations after a late game sack, a game winning FG, a big interception, etc.
7. Better trade logic, we all know about this
8. A new draft, just like a TV, you can watch each pick or just go to yours. More stats on the player, like a player card after he is drafted that show his college stats and strengths and weaknesses. During the draft, have a system where you can check with your coaching staff on the draft pick, take their suggestions or make your own. They need to make the draft feel like ESPN Draft Day
9. More realistic contracts. Franchise player, restricted/unrestricted free agents.
10. Better player progression. If you have several good years in a row, your stats need to go up.
11. A player label system. Label players as superstars, impact players, scrubs, big game players, steady contributors and these tags can change. We all know, Terrell Owens is a superstar and will have a superstar attitude and will play big in games and will not be traded (like he was in my Franchise).
12. Overhaul the stat tracking system, more simpler and easier to access stats.
13. A better player creator
Old 08-27-2004, 11:36 PM   #51
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

1) There needs to be actual stats for the O-line during the season. How else are we supposed to determine how good our Center or Guard is?

Have how many pancakes he had per season, how many sacks did he give up, etc.

2) When I break an actual record in the game, have the game stop and have the player on the sideline with the game ball in his hand waving it to the crowd and his teammates praising him. Have the announcer or, if it's a home game, the PA announcer announce that this certain player has just broken the record for most rushing yards in a single game.

I suggest this because I got 26 sacks in a season with Courtney Brown once, which is 4 sacks more than Michael Strahan's sack record from two years ago. Nothing was said, and there was definitely no hype building up to it. I'd love for Chris Berman during the pre-game to say something like, "Also, be on the lookout for a record breaking performance today. Courtney Brown currently has 19 sacks...can he break the record today? We''ll see. Browns....Titans....it's GO time!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 17

I have seen the announcers give a small "look he just broke the single game record" but that was all. There was just a box with a review of his day.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #53
MVP

Arrow Re: What should sega do to improve their franchise mode?

I also broke the sack record and I the announcer said he broke the record and a box popped up also. I also broke the record with most TD catches by a wide receiver and a box popped up ater that. PEACE!
Old 08-29-2004, 12:29 AM   #54
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

^^Really? I don't know why I got nothing when I broke the sack record, then.

The best I got was when Brown got his 20th sack, the announcer said, "He just got his 20th sack, Peter, which puts him among the all time greats"
Old 08-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
2) When I break an actual record in the game, have the game stop and have the player on the sideline with the game ball in his hand waving it to the crowd and his teammates praising him. Have the announcer or, if it's a home game, the PA announcer announce that this certain player has just broken the record for most rushing yards in a single game.
That would be cool. But I just broke the single-season receiving yards record with Charles Rogers, and the announcers did mention I broke the record, and they showed a graphic with Jerry Rice's season record and then compared it with Rogers'. So they do at least mention it, and there are some programmed records in the game, they just didn't go as over-the-top as they could have (or at least as much as we would all have liked).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2004, 07:07 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 17

One thing i hope VC DOESN'T do is dumb-down the weekly prep. I'm into my third season now, and once you figure out the general combinations of drills needed, it doesnt take nearly as long to set up as people make it seem. I find it very immersive to have a set regimem from week-to-week and only make minor adjustments in it depending on match-ups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »