Home

dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6"

This is a discussion on dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6"

Hey everyone, this roster update is based on my final cuts / opening kickoff 2005 roster update that I posted in January. VC's final roster update was used as the base roster.

Remaining Features -

- All players were advanced one year pro (except rookies, of course).
- Auto body type was used with my setup (0-199 = skinny, 200-269 = normal, 270 - 319 = large and 320 - 450 = extra large).
- All 32 teams have 54 players
- 220 free agents available
- All re-naming done with Finn's editor, version .272 and .280.
- Players like Rod Woodson, Tim Couch and so many others who arent in the NFL are gone. They no longer exist.
- Player ratings have been increased or decreased.
- Player ratings are based on the 2004 season.
- Depth Charts are in order of player ratings.
- Kick and Punt returners are also set.
- Jersey numbers are as of final cuts / opening kickoff.
- No large attribute edits.
- Every player's height and weight (except free agents) is based on the football book I have - ATS Consultants' 2005 Ultimate Pro Football Annual.
- I went through all 1,948 players in Finn's editor and made sure that "dreads" were accurate.
- I also went through the play by play name for all 1,948 players in Finn's editor. If the last name was available, it will be said during gameplay.
- Two players have full names - Lions WR Mike Williams and Cowboys DE Marcus Spears.
- All rookie players are rated from 60-82. Some may have been adjusted in order to get the team's offensive, defensive and overall rating where I wanted it.
- No renaming whatsoever was done in-game.
- No created player slots were used in-game.
- Some players such as 49ers Andre Carter may still be in their original position due to the defensive setup of the team. Since the 49ers use a 4-3, I left Carter as a DE.

NEW -

- Every RB and WR have had their "run style" edited to either "finesse" or "power". This makes the game somewhat more difficult because the moves that used to work for "balanced" players dont work any more or dont have the same affect and/or impact as they did before.
- Some players have had their positions changed such as OT Sean Locklear. He was an OG in my original roster.
- Some players have had their overall rating changed due to now being a starter or backup.
- 17 players have been added. The players names have been posted below.
- Global Edits have been added and my setup has been posted below.
- I have also created my own edits which I like to call "dan edits". Every player's overall rating and attribute ends in a 0, 2, 5, 7 or 8. This may seem stupid but after playing several "quick games" with the Eagles on Legend as is, the game has been more challenging to me then it ever was before.
- Some player's have had their rating increased or decreased depending on whether or not they are a starter yet werent in 2004. The perfect example is Steelers RB Willie Parker.
- Every player on every team has been "re-assigned" to their team. This eliminates overpaid and underpaid players by having the CPU randomly setup a contract for them. Every player is at or about what they should be paid in the game. Salaries are based on overall rating, position and years pro. Every player also now has a penalty attached to their salary.

A huge thanks goes out to Finn for creating such a damn good editor. You truly are a GOD.

I also welcome any and all comments and suggestions that you may have, positive and negative. Feedback is wanted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_roster2k6.zip (255.1 KB, 283 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #2
Banned

Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6"

Added players -

49ers
TE Billy Bajema
OT Patrick Estes
FS Ben Emanuel

Bengals
DT Shaun Smith

Chargers
DT Ryon Bingham

Colts
TE Bryan Fletcher

Dolphins
OT Anthony Alabi
DT Kevin Vickerson

Eagles
TE Stephen Spach
OG Scott Young
DT Keyonta Marshall

Packers
RB Samkon Gado
OLB Kurt Campbell

Patriots
ILB Ryan Claridge

Rams
OLB Drew Wahlroos

Ravens
FS B.J. Ward

Vikings
OG Anthony Herrera
Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
Banned

Global Edits -

Position
(global rating) - attribute

QB
(10) - Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(90) - Stamina
(25) - Aggressiveness

RB
(10) - Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(30) - Pass Accuracy and Pass Strength
(20) - Pass Read Coverage
(90) - Stamina
(5) - Scramble

FB
(10) - Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(5) - Scramble

WR
(10) - Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(90) - Stamina
(5) - Scramble

TE
(70) - Stamina
(5) - Scramble

C, OG and OT
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(90) - Aggressiveness
(5) - Scramble

K
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle and Aggressiveness
(40) - Stamina
(5) - Scramble

P
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle and Aggressiveness
(20) - Pass Accuracy and Pass Strength
(40) - Stamina
(5) - Scramble

DT and DE
(10) - Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(90) - Aggressiveness
(5) - Scramble

OLB and ILB
(10) - Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(20) - Catch
(80) - Stamina
(70) - Aggressiveness
(5) - Scramble

CB, SS and FS
(10) - Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Run Route, Break Tackle, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(40) - Catch and Hold Ball
(90) - Stamina
(25) - Aggressiveness
(5) - Scramble

Run Style -

FINESSE - CB, SS and FS
BALANCED - QB, K and P
POWER - FB, TE, C, OG, OT, DT, DE, OLB and ILB
FINESSE or POWER - RB and WR
Old 03-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Real nice job, dan! Very, very nice. I applied some of my own edits and only had time to play one half of a KC/ATL(cpu) season game. Vick had about 60% completions for around 125 and no picks. Dunn ran for around 60. Need to experiment with a few full games, and then it's off to doing roster updates in light of FA and take a look at depth charts. Vick was the PR for ATL....lol.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Incredible global edits.

The only thing that irks me is the 70 stamina for the O-Line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Incredible global edits.

The only thing that irks me is the 70 stamina for the O-Line.

I sorta agree with Slapnutz here, everything looks good dan77733 with the edits but 70 stamina does look rather odd for the o-linemen but thats just a first impression really.

I'm gonna run them through a few games and then some, other then that you've really put in some serious work here bro and posted everything nicely for us to check out with the figures shown, very nice touch and basically complete!!!

Well I'm sure you other guys will be checking them out as well and will post some results from your experiences, I'll looking forward as to how you guys find them also, basically I'm gonna be checkin' out the gameplay with these other then that they look good to go!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 03-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Well heres a rare and seldom seen occurence..."A Kickoff Return"...yes I said it a real video game kickoff from this roster!!!

I don't play 5 minute quarters with any game and most def use my own sliders so when I saw this while playing a 10 minute game it looked fantastic and I wanted to let you guys know dan77733 might have something here.

Of course I've seen returns before using mine but these are really good IMO if you can get even close to having a decent yardage gaining kick return game, dan my man you have possibly arrived with these if this kick game keeps up with this roster....congrats , so far up to this point playing with them I'm impressed!!!

However I'm rackin' up alot of points with these two teams the Cowboys and Redskins the rosters are showing a very prolific offense from both teams very nice and efficient with a gameplay style unlike my own, I'd like to hear what bascape666 has to say about these I think they're great with incredible edits again I used my own sliders with these so other guys results my be different but seeing a kickoff return with these has me interested in that kicking game for real!!!

If I get my card cleared I'll post the replay, its saved on the HD but won't fit on the memory card, it was Landell Betts for the Redskins takin' it to the house for real!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 03-14-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Darn that's great work Dan and your using default legend sliders. I love the fact that there was a kick return I haven't played yet but I'm gon to get right on it. Thanks Dan I knew u had something great in store.

Gamertag XRob da Realist

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »