Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #65
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Initial roster tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
pretty safe to say that this thread has been 110% hijacked...
Whatchu tawkin bout puja?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Thanks guys. I appreciate you guys being patient.
oh Yeah i was wondering if you were going to add Michael Vick or put him into
free agency or something.

But i don't know if Madden 08 has vick.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneking
oh Yeah i was wondering if you were going to add Michael Vick or put him into free agency or something.

But i don't know if Madden 08 has vick.
Well, after what I just read at ProFootballTalk.com, he's pretty much going to be eliminated from the roster especially if I need the extra spot for someone else.

Not only is Goodell very close to suspending him for the 2007 season, it may be an indefinitely suspension. Of course, it's not going to matter since Vick is guilty and will be in jail. The other two co-defendants are pleading guilty in order to get a lesser sentence.

Vick has until Friday to plead guilty before two more criminal charges are brought against him. And please dont listen to ESPN because they dont know crap. They STILL havent mentioned anything relating to the gambling aspect and the dogs being taken across state lines which is a crime if they are used in gambling situations. A lot of people think that PFT is crap but the guy that runs it was an Attorney/Lawyer and considering the fact that ESPN continues to bring these morons like KeyShawn and Emmitt on their shows who dont know a damn thing, it's safe to say that PFT knows what it's posting.

Bottom line - Vick is ******* done. Good bye you crappy overrated overhyped piece of human **** RB playing in a QB position.

ROSTER update -

After working the last four days, im off Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope to have CB's 100% finished and will then work on SS and FS early next week with K and P to follow. The season starts in under five weeks with final cuts being under four weeks away. I must say that im personally very happy with the way my roster is looking thus far and is far superior to my 2k6 roster.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Well, after what I just read at ProFootballTalk.com, he's pretty much going to be eliminated from the roster especially if I need the extra spot for someone else.

Not only is Goodell very close to suspending him for the 2007 season, it may be an indefinitely suspension. Of course, it's not going to matter since Vick is guilty and will be in jail. The other two co-defendants are pleading guilty in order to get a lesser sentence.

Vick has until Friday to plead guilty before two more criminal charges are brought against him. And please dont listen to ESPN because they dont know crap. They STILL havent mentioned anything relating to the gambling aspect and the dogs being taken across state lines which is a crime if they are used in gambling situations. A lot of people think that PFT is crap but the guy that runs it was an Attorney/Lawyer and considering the fact that ESPN continues to bring these morons like KeyShawn and Emmitt on their shows who dont know a damn thing, it's safe to say that PFT knows what it's posting.

Bottom line - Vick is ******* done. Good bye you crappy overrated overhyped piece of human **** RB playing in a QB position.

ROSTER update -

After working the last four days, im off Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope to have CB's 100% finished and will then work on SS and FS early next week with K and P to follow. The season starts in under five weeks with final cuts being under four weeks away. I must say that im personally very happy with the way my roster is looking thus far and is far superior to my 2k6 roster.
Nothing like due process
Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 AM   #69
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
ROSTER update -

Does it come with the tweaks that daflyboys has?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #70
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
Does it come with the tweaks that daflyboys has?

I'll answer for him. Dan has worked exhaustively just making sure rosters are correct, as has puja. They are commendably both purists and want the ratings to reflect what they believe are the true real life counterparts. This will probably bring about good sim results/statistics.

On the other hand, the tweaks people come up with try to counteract the oft times poor consistency in the QB's completion percentage and overcooked INT's though sometimes poor DB AI. However, you then get some tainted season stats, esp. for the QB's. So you have to pick what you want.

I've already grabbed convince's rosters and did an initial tweak (in another thread), so I doubt I'll be changing dan's or puja's. But, there is also another thread that outlines my tweak suggestions and there have been some good ones here as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I'll answer for him. Dan has worked exhaustively just making sure rosters are correct, as has puja. They are commendably both purists and want the ratings to reflect what they believe are the true real life counterparts. This will probably bring about good sim results/statistics.

On the other hand, the tweaks people come up with try to counteract the oft times poor consistency in the QB's completion percentage and overcooked INT's though sometimes poor DB AI. However, you then get some tainted season stats, esp. for the QB's. So you have to pick what you want.

I've already grabbed convince's rosters and did an initial tweak (in another thread), so I doubt I'll be changing dan's or puja's. But, there is also another thread that outlines my tweak suggestions and there have been some good ones here as well.
Exactly. Besides, if every roster had the same edits and whatnot, there would be no point in other people making rosters. Everyone has their own setup and preference which is what makes all the rosters good to begin with. No two rosters are identical which gives everyone more options in regards to what roster they prefer and want to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
if every roster had the same edits and whatnot, there would be no point in other people making rosters. Everyone has their own setup and preference which is what makes all the rosters good to begin with. No two rosters are identical which gives everyone more options in regards to what roster they prefer and want to play with.
well said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »