Home

Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #449
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: 2k11 Rosters

By the way, is there any issue changing a player's salary and number of years with the Editor?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #450
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
By the way, is there any issue changing a player's salary and number of years with the Editor?
Shouldn't be an issue changing the players salary and years in the file. But as the stand right now you can go straight in to a franchise w/o having to dump salary or players. If you change there is the possibility that you could for some teams over the cap and force them to drop players.

As for Tom Brady, even through I'm both Jets(became a fan when they hired Rex) and Ravens fan I have nothing against him. It was just an oversight on my part. But remember the last time i edit mt roster was like week 3 of the season, and was was not tearing league up at that time. I do agree that he should be the highest rated QB right now and i will make the necessary changes in my own file. But I have to disagree will you on the Arm strength, while I agree that 86 may be slightly low, he should be more like 89-90, anything above 90 is left for QBs like Vick, Stafford, Flacco and Favre. But again its only my opinion.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #451
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Shouldn't be an issue changing the players salary and years in the file. But as the stand right now you can go straight in to a franchise w/o having to dump salary or players. If you change there is the possibility that you could for some teams over the cap and force them to drop players.

As for Tom Brady, even through I'm both Jets(became a fan when they hired Rex) and Ravens fan I have nothing against him. It was just an oversight on my part. But remember the last time i edit mt roster was like week 3 of the season, and was was not tearing league up at that time. I do agree that he should be the highest rated QB right now and i will make the necessary changes in my own file. But I have to disagree will you on the Arm strength, while I agree that 86 may be slightly low, he should be more like 89-90, anything above 90 is left for QBs like Vick, Stafford, Flacco and Favre. But again its only my opinion.
Vick has Jackson, Stafford has Calvin, Flacco is not accurate, and Brady has, except for Welker, who is not exactly fast, a bunch of mediocre receivers and look what Brady has done! Where is Manning in the leading QBs? I think he also needs some "adjustment" in the ratings. The thing is, aside from a decent offensive line, the QB needs quality receivers. You can't expect Brady to look long that much because he doesn't have the men. I say give Brady a DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson or someone dependable to go deep and you wouldn't be saying that about his arm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #452
JVM
Banned

By the way, someone did a roster update Exhibition Week 16 & 17 with Brady having 97 for arm strength.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #453
Pro

In the spirit of the Playoffs I decided to save and upload the start of the playoffs in my current season.

Things to be aware of:
*I simmed to the beginning of the playoffs w/ injuries off so to give every team a fair chance. Injuries are now back on for the playoffs.

*I'm using the current Franchise file w/ the "Star-Draftees" year 2010-2011{post season}

*Brady should be the highest rated QB now or tied with the highest(thanks JVM)

*Some of the season awards were pretty accurate:
Rushing Title: Texans Foster
DROY:Suh
OROY:Tebow
DPOY:Willis
OPOY:Favre(even though his rating is an 83)
MVP: P. Manning

Now for the Playoff Picture:
AFC Teams:
1.Chargers
2.Colts
3.Patriots
4.Ravens

NFC Teams:
1.Saints
2.Giants
3.Lions(with 3 players pro bowl bound)
4.49ers

WildCards Teams:
5.Steelers----Eagles
6.Jets--------Packers

So I'm uploading this for anyone who wants to start their franchise at the Beginning of Post Season. Maybe your team is one of the teams that made it or maybe just want to play as one of the teams. Or maybe you just one to get to the draft.

Oh last thing. Since this franchise is starting tin the post season I already replace coaches like Dallas Wade..Now Garrett CAR Fox...Now Rivera....SF Singletary....Now Harbaugh And I switch the Texans Defensive Front to a 3-4, switch Okoye from DT to DE and Barwin from DE to OLB and Cushing from OLB to ILB. The first two are going to happen Cushing, they aren't sure yet.

For those that download enjoy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Convince Playoffs!.zip (310.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by convince; 01-12-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #454
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Vick has Jackson, Stafford has Calvin, Flacco is not accurate, and Brady has, except for Welker, who is not exactly fast, a bunch of mediocre receivers and look what Brady has done! Where is Manning in the leading QBs? I think he also needs some "adjustment" in the ratings. The thing is, aside from a decent offensive line, the QB needs quality receivers. You can't expect Brady to look long that much because he doesn't have the men. I say give Brady a DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson or someone dependable to go deep and you wouldn't be saying that about his arm.
You are really taking this out of context. I agree with you Brady is the best QB hands down. Speaking of Manning, I'm not even a fan but I don't let that get in the way of my ratings at all. By the way the quality of the WR has nothing to with a QB arm strength, accuracy or his ability to read coverage. Giving Chad Pennington Larry Fitzgerald to throw to does not make him Bret Farve. And lets not forget Brady had Randy Moss to throw to last year, and I would still rate him around 89 90 in arm strength. By the way 89/90 is not low. Again adjust any way you see fit on your roster. Make him "Super Brady" if you like. The speed, escapability and arm strength of Vick and the accuracy and read coverage skill of Brady. By the way that would be an awesome QB.

A quick edit: I wont comment on roster ratings again, i just realize the reason i quit up****** them. To the comment about the other roster with Brady Arm strength being an 97, that why there are different rosters out there. I say find one that you like and enjoy it. Whether its mine or someone else.

Last edited by convince; 01-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #455
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thanks Convince for all your hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #456
JVM
Banned

No, I never had any intention to make a "Super Brady." If you look at EA's ratings, Brady has arm strength one notch lower than Manning. If you look at Ian's Week 17 roster update for EA, Brady's arm strength is 97--up from 94.

Moss is over the hill and EA's ratings reflect that. You see how Manning's ratings affected reality? Compare this season's stats and QB ratings for Brady and Manning--and whoever else you want. I don't need to make Brady any better than he is in real life, one of the best QBs ever to play the game.

As for Manning, if he had what Brady had this year for receivers, well, we all know how he did without Clark. Geez, Brady doesn't have anyone like a Dallas Clark.

No explantion for Favre except the game must think he's still a killer. Tebow? I need to look at that guy.

Those Exhibition Rosters Week 16 & 17 with Brady having arm strength at 97 came from your site.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love what you're doing. If not for guys like you, the game wouldn't be the same. You deserve lots of credit and many thanks for giving your time to this game. I don't expect anyone to provide a perfect roster, so please don't take this personally in any way. I am merely offering my thoughts and you can do whatever you like with them.

PEACE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »