Home

OK I think I Finally Figured it out

This is a discussion on OK I think I Finally Figured it out within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
OK I think I Finally Figured it out

Ok I think I figured out what our "problem" is in this game. After endless hours of slider tweakings and such I just said screw it and put it on Legend default. I was having good games untill I would get the same *** **** happen every game, My OL would go brain dead and not react to anything and the DB problems as we all know.

Well thanks to finns roster editor and IRONz rosters I changed everyones Consistency to plus 10 but a max of 93 and a min of 80. AND IT WORKSSSSSSSSS. This is THE MOST IMPROTANT rating on this game. I dont care how good your player is rated if he has a low Cons. Rating then he will do that stupid stuff that we are always seeing. I swear I played 6 games with the rosters like this and they WERE THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED PERIOD. I played Default legend 7 minutes and it has become a whole new game. I could count on one hand how many times a DB made a stupid animation or my oline whent brain dead in 6 games that I played.

I played the Pit and I was Oak in one of my games, well againts Pit I won 21-19 great game Joey porter had 3 sacks. Now before I used to play Pit and freaking Hampton would always beat my centers *** cause they would go brain dead. This game nothing he had a couple of tackles and WAS ALWAYS doubled I was amazed. Trust me guys every game I played was so freaking good.

Now before you start thinking wow all of our problems are sloved thier still is a couple of minor issues depending on how you look at it. First, because I bumped up the Const. Rating every teams ratings were off the charts the Eagles were 100 in everything and the worst team I think the Cardinals they were like low 80's. Ok to Offset this I went in and lowerd everyones ratings 1 percent, except the const. I left that alone. After I did that the team ratings became a little better. Yet they are still a little high. I know IRONz adjusted the ratings maybe he or some one else could figure out how we could get the overall ratings for teams a little lower.

Ok 2nd problem, The CPU QBs on Legend are still a little bad, Ok now with the Raiders I have 2 great corners and My nickel and dime corners are ok-to good. And that could be the reason why, But Man I am telling you when I called man to man and brought them up they where all over the rec. and really guys NO STUPID ANIMATIONS, ok maybe not none but 10000xs better than before. I was thinking we need to bump up the cpus read coverage but then again that might mess with the ratings. Again it could have been that I had a pretty good secondary. I would like to have someone test this out with a bad secondary and see if you get burnt etc.... Everyone now plays to their ratings because there COnst. Rating is good. SO ratings matter even more now.

I can not stress how much of a difference this has made, someone PLEASE try this and tell me I am not stupid. PLay Legend Default and tell me what you think.

Ok now I TAKE NO CREDIT for these rosters IRON did all the work and I just adjusted what I told you. Also without FINNS amazing editor none of this would have been possible. ONce again guys I TAKE NO NONE NOTHING Credit for these rosters, thank IRON and FINN. And if you find what I am saying is true then thank me later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Roster96.zip (254.9 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Ram209; 09-07-2004 at 04:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 05:27 AM   #2
MVP

Re: OK I think I Finally Figured it out

I'll check it out. I've been looking for the editor myself but couldn't find it. Could post a link to where its at?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ok I think I figured out what our "problem" is in this game. I changed everyones Consistency to plus 10 but a max of 93 and a min of 80. AND IT WORKSSSSSSSSS. This is THE MOST IMPROTANT rating on this game.
Hi Ram – Nice post, and it’s been pointed out by a number of people that Consistency is: 1. The most important rating; and 2. By bumping up Consistency to 70+ for all players, AI game play improves noticeably. However, the problem is that you do want some players to be more inconsistent than others. It creates player “types” or “personalities”. If you bump up, say, Kyle Boller’s 45 Consistency to 90, he plays like the next John Elway (sort of). I got him to (sort of) play like his real-life counterpart and be inconsistently effective – 50% completion rate with out-of-the-blue long completions – by leaving his Consistency @ 45, and simply bumping up his Pass Read (which is 60) to 90 or so.

In my first roster several weeks ago, I bumped up everyone’s Consistency and Aggression, but I found it played too much the same for all teams and players. Part of the problem with this and other sports games is the lack of real and properly calibrated variation in player rating and slider effectiveness. I’ve done a lot of O line testing with 2K5, and can tell you that O line players with a 0 overall rating don’t play much differently than players with a 90 rating.

The only rating that has a noticeable effect on their ability to perform is Consistency. At Consistency 90, they block, regardless of their Block ratings or slider settings. At Consistency 0, they start blowing their assignments, regardless of their Block ratings or slider settings. In the case of O line players, it’s crucial to have a huge discrepancy in Consistency ratings. If they’re all 70 or 80+, it doesn’t matter who you have playing, and things like injuries to the O line become meaningless. You can sub in a FB and he’ll block okay. And I’m slowly finding that’s the case with all positions and players.

Last edited by baa7; 09-07-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The problem is though you have to do it to the new class of rookies and so on and son...Man that's just to much trouble for me.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

So basically you are trying to create a game where players make absolutely no mistakes?

To me that is much more unrealistic than the guys making too many dumb plays.

How many NFL games have you seen where there are only 1 or 2 blown assignments the entire game. Not many, even the best players screw up at least 2 to 3 times a game and even more. Nobody is perfect.

If you lose a game because you have put a bad player in a position of importance then it is your fault for putting that player in that position.

For example, if both of your safeties aren't very good but you continue to play a 2 deep zone, your defense will be regularly burned by WRs running routes on your two subpar safeties.

Or another example would be to have 2 subpar cornerbacks but continue to play man to man coverage against WRs who are far better than your CBs. Your CBs will regularly screw up and the CPU will have a field day.

If you want your team to play perfectly why don't you just use one of the all-star teams and remove all doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 09:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ok I think I figured out what our "problem" is in this game. After endless hours of slider tweakings and such I just said screw it and put it on Legend default. I was having good games untill I would get the same *** **** happen every game, My OL would go brain dead and not react to anything and the DB problems as we all know.

Well thanks to finns roster editor and IRONz rosters I changed everyones Consistency to plus 10 but a max of 93 and a min of 80. AND IT WORKSSSSSSSSS. This is THE MOST IMPROTANT rating on this game. I dont care how good your player is rated if he has a low Cons. Rating then he will do that stupid stuff that we are always seeing. I swear I played 6 games with the rosters like this and they WERE THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED PERIOD. I played Default legend 7 minutes and it has become a whole new game. I could count on one hand how many times a DB made a stupid animation or my oline whent brain dead in 6 games that I played.

I played the Pit and I was Oak in one of my games, well againts Pit I won 21-19 great game Joey porter had 3 sacks. Now before I used to play Pit and freaking Hampton would always beat my centers *** cause they would go brain dead. This game nothing he had a couple of tackles and WAS ALWAYS doubled I was amazed. Trust me guys every game I played was so freaking good.

Now before you start thinking wow all of our problems are sloved thier still is a couple of minor issues depending on how you look at it. First, because I bumped up the Const. Rating every teams ratings were off the charts the Eagles were 100 in everything and the worst team I think the Cardinals they were like low 80's. Ok to Offset this I went in and lowerd everyones ratings 1 percent, except the const. I left that alone. After I did that the team ratings became a little better. Yet they are still a little high. I know IRONz adjusted the ratings maybe he or some one else could figure out how we could get the overall ratings for teams a little lower.

Ok 2nd problem, The CPU QBs on Legend are still a little bad, Ok now with the Raiders I have 2 great corners and My nickel and dime corners are ok-to good. And that could be the reason why, But Man I am telling you when I called man to man and brought them up they where all over the rec. and really guys NO STUPID ANIMATIONS, ok maybe not none but 10000xs better than before. I was thinking we need to bump up the cpus read coverage but then again that might mess with the ratings. Again it could have been that I had a pretty good secondary. I would like to have someone test this out with a bad secondary and see if you get burnt etc.... Everyone now plays to their ratings because there COnst. Rating is good. SO ratings matter even more now.

I can not stress how much of a difference this has made, someone PLEASE try this and tell me I am not stupid. PLay Legend Default and tell me what you think.

Ok now I TAKE NO CREDIT for these rosters IRON did all the work and I just adjusted what I told you. Also without FINNS amazing editor none of this would have been possible. ONce again guys I TAKE NO NONE NOTHING Credit for these rosters, thank IRON and FINN. And if you find what I am saying is true then thank me later.
If what you have tested holds water and does improve AI gameplay and animations than hopefully VC/Sega will address this somehow or someway with the upcoming roster update. Heres to wishful thinking.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #7
MVP

The thing is that the ratings do matter now. Try it edit one of your oline to say a 30 in pass and run blocking, put him in and I swear he will get beat. I think all const. does is make the player play to his ratings all the time. And the guys still make mistakes, but thier is a difference between making a mistake than just going brain dead and not doing nothing. The Oline still gets beat they just dont become morons now.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It was the same thing last year actually. Turn up consistency and your guys play like gods. The last 2 years it is unfortunate that the base gameplay out of the box has to suffer a bit due to "bad" rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »