Home

NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

This is a discussion on NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #9
Rookie

packers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

The team names have been updated as below. This will not change the scoreboard abbreviations in game.

Oakland --> L.Vegas
San Diego --> L.A.
St. Louis -- > L.A.

I have been testing the file and I have come across a few player photo/skin mistakes. For everyone using/testing this roster. Please share the player team and name if you come across similar and I will update them. (See example of A. Jones GB clip)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-10-14_16-56-24.jpg (179.2 KB, 416 views)
Old 10-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
The team names have been updated as below. This will not change the scoreboard abbreviations in game.
Right, but what I was asking is CAN we change the 3-letter abbreviation? Can it be done? Where are the lines to do the HEX edit?
Old 10-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #11
Rookie

packers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Right, but what I was asking is CAN we change the 3-letter abbreviation? Can it be done? Where are the lines to do the HEX edit?

That I’m unsure of, but maybe someone in the community can answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
That I’m unsure of, but maybe someone in the community can answer.
Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Where did you find the full names? Was there a line number? They're probably right next to those.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Thank you for doing the Lord's work! As a Steelers fan, I notice Conner is 100, Snell 98, Macfarland 81. Are they that good or are you just a fellow Yinzer?
Old 10-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #14
Rookie

packers's Arena

There is no real guide for the overall process of creating rosters from scratch. Both tools (Finn/BAD_AL) include very good readme documents that help.

I primarily use BAD_AL's 2K5Tool now.

Regarding the team acronyms in the scoreboard. Yes, these can be changed. But, in testing it freezes/breaks the game. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it, but I will not spend anymore time on it. (Clip attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-10-15_9-04-04.jpg (245.6 KB, 393 views)
Old 10-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #15
Rookie

packers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by armando2002
Thank you for doing the Lord's work! As a Steelers fan, I notice Conner is 100, Snell 98, Macfarland 81. Are they that good or are you just a fellow Yinzer?
Haha, I am not a Steelers fan, but I applaud Big Ben for stepping behind center at his age. Both rosters are based on EA Madden 21 player ratings. V3 is from the launch ratings and V4 is from Week 4. After the data is parsed, converted and in a readable format. There is opportunity to use either Finn's or BAD_AL's editor and go through each player or use the global editor features using one of the tools.

You are welcome to look through the converted dataset I created for each and share feedback. If you are a Discord user, you can reach out to me on Discord.

V3 M21 launch ratings:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPZ...ew?usp=sharing

V4 M21 Week 4 ratings:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TYC...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by packers; 10-15-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #16
Just started!

[quote=packers;2050238808]Haha, I am not a Steelers fan, but I applaud Big Ben for stepping behind center at his age. Both rosters are based on EA Madden 21 player ratings. V3 is from the launch ratings and V4 is from Week 4. After the data is parsed, converted and in a readable format. There is opportunity to use either Finn's or BAD_AL's editor and go through each player or use the global editor features using one of the tools.

You are welcome to look through the converted dataset I created for each and share feedback. If you are a Discord user, you can reach out to me on Discord.

V3 M21 launch ratings:

V4 M21 Week 4 ratings:

Could it be the case that 2k5's algorithm is weighing different stats far heavier in the "overall" than Madden's b/c there are plenty of insane OVRs for good not great players across the league?

Not knocking your work, you only have the dataset you have to work with but it is converning.

I've only had a couple of games so far but it's playing amped/arcade-y just like Madden. (super jumping LBs, CBs making long jump length breakups from near impossible platforms.

Are the ratings just a 1:1 to whatever Madden's most similar rating is? (i.e. MSpd = 92 make 2k5 = 92?

Or did you have to use a formula of some sort? (MStat=100 so for 2k5(-5) = 95?

Again, the hard work is ultra appreciated, just trying to figure out the "why" as to most of the 2k5 feel evaporating when I use these rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »