Home

radja's default roster sliders

This is a discussion on radja's default roster sliders within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #25
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: radja's default roster sliders

SF,

I totally agree with the fatigue ratings opinion. That is what most of the guys modding rosters were saying and doing. i realized that that would be very difficult with the ps2 rosters without finns editor, so i did what i could. since i made this decision, the game has played much better and i have been only making slight adjustments to tweak rather than overhaul like many were doing.

i think i will try the 35/20. that seems to make sense. with increments of 5, i noticed there was not a huge difference in play, just smarter. frequently at 30, the cpu just holds me and pushes the d-lineman into the ground. i have holding at 20 to compensate for too many CPU holds.

what do you have holding penalty at?

i want to be punished for blitzing if they pick it up and really feel that i earned the sack. this may be it. thanks for your help.

radja
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

To everyone who contributed to this thread,thanks a million!!! My sliders now are a hybrid of everyone's here. This game is worth every minute( actually endless hours) that everyone put into it. I salute you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #27
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeholic
To everyone who contributed to this thread,thanks a million!!! My sliders now are a hybrid of everyone's here. This game is worth every minute( actually endless hours) that everyone put into it. I salute you!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWS ABOUT SHARING YOUR SLIDERS WITH US ALL
Old 09-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

so, what are the latest settings? I notice you're changing things in later posts, but they're not reflected in the first one. So i'm curious what they are
Old 09-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #29
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Here are the present sliders Sportsforever helped me with.

CHANGE - Updated House Rule:

When drafting, since the CPU only picks certain positions, the user should only pick similar positions if he is out of the top 5 picks. Otherwise, you can be a playoff team and get the normally top ten draft choice if the player happens to be at any of the other positions. This keeps the Human player from stacking themselves with top players every draft and makes trading up for top picks, 1st and 2nd round slightly more legitimate.

Sliders
7 Min Quarters
Fast Speed
Multiple Hot Routes - Off (This is my only other house rule. It makes you make one read instead of changing the whole play.)
Performance EQ - Off

Human

Blocking - 18
Passing - 0
Running - 18 (Range 16-20, depending on running skill.)
Catching - 40
Coverage - 10
Pursuit - 10
Tackling - 10
Kicking - 0
Stamina - 20

CPU

Blocking - 35 (CHANGED) (Seems to help the CPU QB make better decisions. But when they miss or you get a pass rush the ball hits the ground, is out of reach or goes over their heads, which mimics real QB's more. A few times it actually looked like the QB threw it away to an area where noone could catch to avoid the sack. I may be dreaming but at least it can possibly be viewed that way. An added benefit was after 4 games in my franchise, my total defense have only 5 pass deflections between them. Before I started this slider stuff, it was 5 to 13 a game.)
Passing - 35
Running - 20 (I am pretty happy with everything but this slider. I need to test more random games with this. I am going to check with Sportsforever and see if he has some insight he can add.)
Catching - 30
Coverage - 33 to 35 (CHANGED) (Depending on skill.)
Pursuit - 10
Tackling - 10
Kicking - 35
Stamina - 30 (This keeps the CPU playing at a better level.)

Injury - 26 (Keeps silly trades from happening & it makes the amount of injuries more close to realistic. I dropped it to 24 for one game and there were two trades. However, I looked at the injury list for the NFL games this last week and if you want reality, this is the setting. Most teams had 3 to 6 guys listed with injuries.)
Fumble - 24 (CHANGED)
Interceptions - 20 (Believe it or not, this keeps the insane amount of batted passes down without affecting amount of ints.)

Last edited by Radja; 09-19-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #30
Banned

i'll try these out, thanks.

what about penalties? default? maxed?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #31
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
Here are the present sliders Sportsforever helped me with.

CHANGE - Updated House Rule:

When drafting, since the CPU only picks certain positions, the user should only pick similar positions if he is out of the top 5 picks. Otherwise, you can be a playoff team and get the normally top ten draft choice if the player happens to be at any of the other positions. This keeps the Human player from stacking themselves with top players every draft and makes trading up for top picks, 1st and 2nd round slightly more legitimate.

Sliders
7 Min Quarters
Fast Speed
Multiple Hot Routes - Off (This is my only other house rule. It makes you make one read instead of changing the whole play.)
Performance EQ - Off

Human

Blocking - 18
Passing - 0
Running - 18 (Range 16-20, depending on running skill.)
Catching - 40
Coverage - 10
Pursuit - 10
Tackling - 10
Kicking - 0
Stamina - 20

CPU

Blocking - 35 (CHANGED) (Seems to help the CPU QB make better decisions. But when they miss or you get a pass rush the ball hits the ground, is out of reach or goes over their heads, which mimics real QB's more. A few times it actually looked like the QB threw it away to an area where noone could catch to avoid the sack. I may be dreaming but at least it can possibly be viewed that way. An added benefit was after 4 games in my franchise, my total defense have only 5 pass deflections between them. Before I started this slider stuff, it was 5 to 13 a game.)
Passing - 35
Running - 20 (I am pretty happy with everything but this slider. I need to test more random games with this. I am going to check with Sportsforever and see if he has some insight he can add.)
Catching - 30
Coverage - 33 to 35 (CHANGED) (Depending on skill.)
Pursuit - 10
Tackling - 10
Kicking - 35
Stamina - 30 (This keeps the CPU playing at a better level.)

Injury - 26 (Keeps silly trades from happening & it makes the amount of injuries more close to realistic. I dropped it to 24 for one game and there were two trades. However, I looked at the injury list for the NFL games this last week and if you want reality, this is the setting. Most teams had 3 to 6 guys listed with injuries.)
Fumble - 24 (CHANGED)
Interceptions - 20 (Believe it or not, this keeps the insane amount of batted passes down without affecting amount of ints.)
Radja,
I have done a little bit more testing and for now I am happy with running at 20. If I play against a good back with an average to bad run defense, I can get toasted. With a good run defense I can contain them sometimes, other times they get the better. I played against Priest Holmes with the Steelers (all of my games are last year's rosters) and limited him to 96 yards on 27 carries. Playing against the Patriots as the Jets Cory Dillon had 150+ on 21 carries. Another thing I really am enjoying with these sliders is that if you are a good team, you have a good chance of winning the game. However, if you are a poor team, you will find it challenging to win. I played the Cowboys as the Chargers and got beat 37-17, the Patriots beat the Jets (me) 44-24, and when I play as the Steelers, I at least compete in almost each game. It's refreshing to find a balance like that. Radja, do you play with Weekly Prep and Preseason on? I have always turned those off and have seen like 2 or 3 trades in 5 franchise seasons with injuries at 22-24.

SF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #32
Banned

i actually almost lost a game - which hasn't happened in ages. I won it on a FG at the end.

my only problem is it's still too easy to run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »