Home

Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

This is a discussion on Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2004, 08:06 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
Hey Bill... is there any way to make the CPU passing game better with your sliders? The CPU QB in my games are having horrible games...and I'm using the Rams so my defense is not that great. It seems like my coverage or pursuit is too good. What would happen if I lowered the HUM coverage or pursuit sliders? Have you tested this with your sliders?
Here are the basics of passing as I understand them. There are two components--basic intelligence and closing speed. The level of intelligence in coverage is determined by the coverage slider. Closing speed is determined by pursuit. I've found the pursuit rating to have a far greater effect than the coverage slider. So you can adjust the pursuit slider down. However, this also means you might see some visual discrepancies, because where I've got it set already gives the CPU a small speed cheat. You can also adjust coverage to zero, but I saw some pretty goofy things on the defensive side when I tried that.

Player ratings really matter in this game. I don't know how many games you've played, but with those slider settings (4 pursuit, 4 coverage) there should be plenty of games where the CPU QB has 60% completion percentage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2004, 03:57 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

bill have you tried these sliders in a human vs human game. if not do have any good sliders for that
Old 10-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
bill have you tried these sliders in a human vs human game. if not do have any good sliders for that
I haven't, but I would expect them to work just fine. I would be sure that pursuit is set to 8, which I believe is neutral (it's in the 8-10 range, anyway).
Old 10-11-2004, 03:31 AM   #84
nyr
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
I haven't, but I would expect them to work just fine. I would be sure that pursuit is set to 8, which I believe is neutral (it's in the 8-10 range, anyway).
does anyone know how to make the game fillout on my bigscreen,tried everything but with no success?? thanks
Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got the day off of work today, and I decided to give your sliders a try. So far I've played maybe 5 complete games and 2-3 partial games, all with random teams on each side. Not an enormous sample, but more than one or two, at least. : )

I really really like the feel on offense. There have been a wide range of results in the games I've played, from struggling to get a first down to dominating the defense. At the same time, though, I never seem to feel like everything is too easy. Even in games where things are going well, it feels like I have to work for touchdowns.

On defense, I felt at first like things were too hard, but after more games, I think it just really depends on the relative skill levels of your defense and the opposing offense. My first game was played as the Packers vs. the Panthers, and Steven Davis went crazy and ran for something like 260 yards on 30+ carries. It was disheartening, but also pretty nice to see the computer actually running the ball that much. All in all, though, since then things have felt pretty good.

So awesome job on the sliders, except one thing: for some freaky reason, I'm seeing loads and loads of interceptions (and turnovers in general). For example, the last game I played was as the Chiefs vs. the Texans. (Lucky random teams for me! But then, it made up for the horrible joke that was hosting Minnesota as the Falcons. Michael Bennett's first three runs were all 70+ yard touchdowns vs. soft cover 2, hard cover 2, and cover 2 man... oh, the horror.) Predictably enough, I won 34-14. Priest Holmes had 34 rushes for ~150 yards, including running straight up the gut for most of the 4th quarter. Trent Green threw for ~250 yards and 2 touchdowns and also threw 3 interceptions, two of which were into heavy coverage.

On the other hand, though, David Carr had a horrible day. He completed 54% of his passes, but threw 6 interceptions and no touchdowns. Three of those interceptions were by linebackers.

So overall, the Chiefs' D (overall defensive rating: 78) forced 8 turnovers, including 6 interceptions. The Texans' D (overall defensive rating: 76) forced 4 turnovers, including 3 interceptions. And all with the interceptions slider set to zero.

This is admittedly the most turnovers I've seen in a game with these sliders, but that's more than I've ever seen with default All-Pro sliders. Overall, the number of interceptions thrown by the computer seems at best to have stayed the same (~2-3 per game), and at worst to have increased (the game above, another where the Giants' D picked off Mark Brunell 4 times). It's sort of freaking me out. Maybe I should put interceptions on 40 and see what happens. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2004, 03:02 PM   #86
Rookie

miketheslummy's Arena

OVR: 2

Hi Bill!
I'm an Italian guy ...an incredibile NFL fan!
I'm playing with your sliders! They are amazing!
Thanks
I would ask to you a little thing : now I'm playing 8 mins quarter. It's a good time? i'm not so quicly to select plays when i'm on offense. I start my plays at 22 secs , not early. So how many minute WOuld I have to set per game? And when cpu is on offense, when do u select your defensive play? Before of after that on the screen appears "Defense select a play 10-9-8 ect) . I like a lot simulation!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:07 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 22

Nice sliders...brings a whole new feel and challenge to this game and extremely realistic i must say.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:21 PM   #88
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »