Home

That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

This is a discussion on That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

yea i got finn's editor so i know exactly what you're talking about...i think u can put favre face as the coach too instead of kubiak....too bad the texans not doing so well this year especially their defense
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #314
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbyrd
yea i got finn's editor so i know exactly what you're talking about...i think u can put favre face as the coach too instead of kubiak....too bad the texans not doing so well this year especially their defense
Good poin thanks man.

Yeah, defensively their struggling. My defense on paper is something I'm really excited about though. Will be finishing preseason games and have roster/depth article today.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #315
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

2011 Roster/Depth
92 off, 96 def, 96 ovr
Playbook - Pittsbrugh, Defense - 3-4

Analysis: There will be no excuses for Brett Favre to take this team into the post season. With a well conditioned Sam Bradford starting the majority of last season's train wreck. However, last season is far behind now, and with preseason just about to start, Favre is in "full swing" with the team, stating that there is virtually no problem position for the Houston Texans. The controversy, if any, arrives at the running back spot. The Texans used their number one pick for an elite running back in Terrance Hunt, who will battle against the injury stricken Chris Johnson. It is possible that Johnson could be used as trade bait in the coming weeks, however Favre has officially stated if he's healthy, he will be the starter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #316
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

]

The Houston Texans have waived the following players that participated in training camp and preseason roster preliminaries:

CB Brad Osoborne - 72 ovr
SS Alvin Freeman - 57 ovr (r)
FB Jamie Lamb - 61 ovr (r)
OLB Ian torres - 65 ovr (r)

Due to significantly (-$13.06m) limited cap room, the following contracts were terminated after preseason:

HB DeDe Dorsey - 76 ovr
DT William Joseph - 71 ovr
QB Bruce Gradkowski - 83 ovr
TE Owen Daniels - 90 ovr
FB Vonta Leach - 75 ovr
OLB Kevin Bentley - 72 ovr
OG Kasey Studdard - 78 ovr
DE Chris Ellis - 80 ovr
Old 11-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #317
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Alan Burge, Houston Texans Examiner
Perfect season expected now
Favre takes Houston to 4-0 in preseason

The feeling in the air of Houston is a sense of relief for some reason. After the pathetic display last season, and the exit of Kubiak (thank you), this team is really starting to turn some heads. Now do all thanks go to Brett Favre himself - or is he truly teaching the students of the game the proper fundamentals to become a winning side?

My thinking is that Favre is on the right track. He's molded Sam Bradford into an incredible quarterback - took advantage of the young man's progression, and showed him how to regain confidence after a tough season last year. Doesn't hurt when Favre abandon's the practice and opts to throw a couple of balls himself to prove his theories at work.

The brilliant preseason was something of a blurry bliss. While it is preseason - it was definitely a great preview to what we are expecting to see this 2011 season. Despite some tough waives and terminations of solid players, I truly believe that a post season berth is not impossible this year.

Do we expect perfection? Absolutely.

On paper, the Texans are stacked at almost all positions except the linebacking core and safety. You think Chris Johnson is going to start over rookie Terrance Hunt? Think again, Johnson has been named back up - but don't throw the torches just yet, he's also the team's kick/punt returner - are you kidding me? Can you think of what kind of weapon that is for us in regards to field position?

Devin Hester will have nothing on CJ.

With that said, the rook Terrance Hunt has lived up to his name in the preseason - and it was no surprise to anyone here that he passed by Johnson. With zero history of injuries - not even a sprained ankle - the most durable back in the league wil wear #34 - the number of the kid's idol, none other than Walter Payton himself - and without knowing that, you'd definitely think that when watching him carry the ball - it's eerie.

Favre has weapons galore now. Only he can be responsible on what he does with them. He's already made some great decisions in switching up to a more balanced playbook, but most importantly a defensive 3-4 brings an extra sense of excitement throughout the fans. The linebacking core is fast, the secondary is agile.

The first game of the season is next weekend at Arrowhead Stadium. It was the first game of the season in Reliant last year, and this year they'll swap - KC beat us good - but this year is going to be a completely different story.

The Schedule
Win every game, Brett

Up first is Kansas City - last is in the same sate of Missouri - but different team

Week 1 - @ Kansas City
Week 2 - vs San Diego
Week 3 - vs Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 4 - at Indianapolis
Week 5 - Bye
Week 6 - at Tennessee
Week 7 - vs Cincinnati
Week 8 - at New England
Week 9 - vs San Francisco
Week 10 - at Seattle
Week 11 - vs Indianpolis
Week 12 - vs Tennessee
Week 13 - at Jacksonville
Week 14 - at Oakland
Week 15 - vs Denver
Week 16 - vs Arizona
Week 17 - at St. Louis
Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #318
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

2011 Roster/Depth (Final)
98 off, 98 def, 98 ovr
Playbook - Pittsbrugh, Defense - 3-4

Analysis: The cap room, or lack there of, was monumental this preseason - and it was heart breaking for players that did not make the Texans "cut". Favre has stated how depressed he was for having to let go big capper, Scott McKillop - the highly rated 82 overall inside linebacker. Also, losing rookie Shannon Barret due to not being able to come up with deal before the first preseason game. did not help. However, all is said and done - and the final roster/depth is showing the Houston Texans as one of the highest rated teams in the NFL - currently ranked #3 before Superbowl Champions, the Oakland Raiders - and before that the San Diego Chargers led by MVP QB Phillip Rivers.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:27 AM   #319
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Week 1: Texans (1-0) at Chiefs (0-1)

00 - 28

Passing;
KC -Croyle - 14/34, 154 yds, 2 INT
HOU - Bradford - 11/15, 205 yds, TD INT

Rushing
KC Johnson - 13 rush, 26 yds
HOU - Hunt - 30 rush, 154 yds, 3 TD, 1 fum

Receiving
KC - Bowe - 5 rec, 75 yds
HOU - Turner - 4 rec - 98 yds TD

Next Game:
Week 2: Texans (1-0) vs Chargers (0-1) *schedule change*

Last edited by Matt10; 11-24-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:23 PM   #320
Rookie

OVR: 3

matt10 its been awhile i take it this franchise is done then right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »