Home

That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

This is a discussion on That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks Dizzle. I play on a custom set slider created by Bill Harris - you can find them in the slider section under the NFL2k5 forum area.

I created the rookies from scratch thanks to the great NFL2k5 editor. Although I know there are some holes with names - but it has sufficed. I will not be creating rookies for the next draft class though.
alright thankss , and keep doing what your doing man , this is awesome
Old 07-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #290
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22

Never commented on this, but this is really good chise. Makes me want buy Madden 10, but I haven't seen it on stores for months.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #291
Pro

OVR: 25

You are only 2-8. You gotta make a trade. Awesome franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #292
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dizzle81
alright thankss , and keep doing what your doing man , this is awesome
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995
Never commented on this, but this is really good chise. Makes me want buy Madden 10, but I haven't seen it on stores for months.
Lol - Madden 10? It should make you want to buy Madden 10, throw it out the window, run it over - and pick up 20 copies of NFL2k5 used for .99cents each (like I did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
You are only 2-8. You gotta make a trade. Awesome franchise.
If I had anyone worth trading, it would have happened. This team, on paper, is not bad at all. I blame myself a lot - and Bill's sliders because they are so damn challenging, but quite realistic.

It's interesting because after a decent season last year, we were supposed to go almost undefeated right? You see that a lot in many user reports these days - but that's not how rebuilding truly is.

So with that in mind, I am quite happy with how we've turn out. I just hope to win a damn game - or at least lose with a battle.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #293
Pro

OVR: 25

yeah guess you're right
Old 08-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #294
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

10 35

Texans continue losing streak
Colts make it 8 in a row for Houston

by James Casselle

Hard to say what the fans want now. Do they want a victory? Or just want the team to lose the remaining games so the Texans can pick up the number one draft pick in the offseason? After a pathetic showing against the Colts today, I think the latter will happen if Kubiak and his men try to win another game.

Chris Johnson has reportedly said he has "had it" this year - and being the primadona he is, will probably bail on us - which is understandable at this point. The well traveled running back racked up only 55 yards against the Colts today - which saw over 700 yards of total offense for the visitors.

"I'm tired mang," states Johnson, "Y'all can't be serious bout these Texans anymo - they shinin for last place, mang."

Even though the worst is happening, the head coach for the Texans Gary Kubiak is still positive:

"Never in my life have I said this will be an easy road. And it's continued to be challenging - but we welcome it as a team. If anyone feels they want to jump ship with 5 games remaining - so be it. We can still make a decent record out of this, 7-9 is not impossible."

Next week, the Texans take their current 2-9 record to Buffalo to face the 6-5 Bills, who are led by the sure arm of Trent Edwards and the defensive grinder in linebacker, Paul Posluszny.

Remaining Schedule:

@ Buffalo (6-5)
Jacksonville (9-2)
@ Minnesota (7-4)
@ Tennessee (4-7)
Cincinnati (6-5)

Last edited by Matt10; 08-22-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #295
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

14 17

Bills comeback keeps Texans losing streak alive
Good showing, but no cigar

by James Casselle

First off, Chris Johnson could be injured again - imagine that. Secondly, despite the loss this was a more complete game - just tough conditions, and a little bit of a brain fart here and there.

I was definitely impressed with Bradford yet again, he showed poise and calmness in the pocket - made some plays out of nothing.

The running game for the Texans was ridiculously terrible yet again. It's funny because the offensive line is one that has 80+ throughout the line - just doesn't make sense why Kubiak can't get it together to allow some decent yardages - I honestly say, bring Ahman Green back!

The nice guys in Buffalo allowed us to grab their highlight video from the game - so enjoy the music from Biffy Clyro, and a couple of scenes from the loss. Next week: Jacksonville!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #296
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Running back, Chris Johnson, has been placed on the Injured Reserve due to an injury suffered in the previous game, officially the doctors are diagnosing his injury as "strained elbow ligaments", and out for 10 weeks.

Gary Kubiak on Johnson: "Imagine that."

Sam Bradford on Johnson: "Unfortuante, but something tells me if we were headed into the playoffs, he'd only be out for 1 quarter."

Corner back, Antonio Cromartie, will also be placed on Injured Reserve due to migraines, and will miss 5 total weeks.

Gary Kubiak on Cromartie: "He's a fighter, but I'm sure this is more prevention than anything - we need him in the offseason to regroup the confidence of our players."

CC Brown on Cromartie: "We are going to miss him for the remainder of the four games, but I think Coach's decision is the right one at this point."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »