Home

The Path to Victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Path to Victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: The Path to Victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty

Practice those inside runs playing against cover 2
Old 06-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Practice those inside runs playing against cover 2
Yah that's what I'm gonna do. I'll probably get 2 gameplans on the runs and one plan on blitzs. Too bad I can't play till Thursday cuz of the busy school works recently.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #59
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Congrats on that revenge win...and good luck in the Super Bowl!!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Congrats on that revenge win...and good luck in the Super Bowl!!
Thanks, and sorry for all the typos. I'm too lazy to check for the spelling/grammer everytime I post. But let me know if it disturbes you too much, I will start checking everytime I post if you guys want me to.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 06-04-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #61
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
Thanks, and sorry for all the typos. I'm too lazy to check for the spelling/grammer everytime I post. But let me know if it disturbes you too much, I will start checking everytime I post if you guys want me to.

Doesnt bother me...I take my "teacher" hat off when I get away from my classroom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #62
Pro

Some update before the Superbowl game, the Colts are without
Pro Bowl CB (OVR74 WTF???) B.Kelly, and also Pro Bowl RT R.Diem(OVR90!!) This makes a weak spot on the right side of their offensive line. Let's see if Hutton and Hayes (my LE and LOLB if you don't remember who they are) can make use of the chance.

For me, the only injury is Filzergald, it will affect my pass game a bit, but I'm loaded with talent at my recivers (including TE) part of my roster. Now Boldin is #1 WR and Randall is moved from slot to the #2 spot. And 1st round pick WR Mathis will takeover at the slot.(I'm planning on trading Randall next year to let Mathis play slot)

90% of chance that I will play the Superbowl game this night, but I'm not sure on the updates though, might have to wait till Saturday. I'm still debating to put the quarters to 15 mins or to 10 mins as I originally planned. But anyways, expect a detailed report of the game no later than Saturday.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 01-13-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #63
Pro

Superbowl game, in Indy. 15 mins quarter.
I lost the toss, and got to kick off the Superbowl game.

On te Colts' first drive, I BANISHED their run game. At the end of the drive, they had a -3 yards gain from running. But the Colts' pass offence was just too powerful, and their good O-line stops my blitzs from getting through. I stoped them at my 10 by calling three dime plays,
and they got a field. I think I'll give up blitzs and call the dime and nickles from now on in the game.
My first drive was a fail, got 5 yards on 2 Rice runs. Then I went for a play-action pass, and it was incomplete, so I had to punt, giving them the ball at their 32.
The Colts' pass offence went in the unstoppable mode. No matter what play I called, they can always, complete passes. And so they move to my 3 in no time. On 1st and goal, the Colts weren't
in goaline formation, but I dicided to call a goaline blitz anyways. And Hutton sacked Manning for a loss of 4. 2nd and goal, they would get 6 yards off an outside run. Now it's 3rd and goal on the 1. Thanks to the blitz by Hayes, Manning made a horrible throw which Hood should've 100% intercepted it, but instead, he drops it. (I mean come on, even I could have intercepted that pass!) So it leads to a Colts FG. And it's 0-6 at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

On the next drive, my pass game wasn't working at all, so I basicly ran all the way to their 28. This sets up a 47 yard FG try, and Serna just misses it, the score is still 0-6.

My defence made a huge stop around midfield on the Colts' next drive, forcing them to punt. But then Rice would get stuffed twice and I had to pass on the 3rd and 16, which of course
failed. And I had to punt again. Right now my pass offence is 0-5! This has never happened in any other games I played before, not even in the 0-34 loss to the Gaints.

The Colts' pass offence continues to rip apart my D. In the endzone, Harrison made an IMPOSSIBLE one-handed grab.(I'll have to make some changes to the slider after the game)
The score is now 0-13 with 1:38 left in the half.

On this drive, after a 29 yard pass to Randall, my pass game finally had some improvement, and it lead a 16 yard TD pass to Boldin. 7-13 with 0:22 left.

I still can't believe what happened in that last 22 seconds of the half. First, the Colts went for a weakside handoff, and they got a 80 yard run TD!! Then Boldin would get injured on the kick return after!!! Then to put the icing on the cake, Mathis would catch the 47 yard deep pass, but the time expires!!! I just wanted to throw the controler at something at that time! I was never soooooooooo pissed off of the game before.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 06-04-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #64
Pro

First drive of the second half both ended in punts for the Cardinals and the Colts. Then, on the Cardinals second drive. The pass game starts to wake up and we got it to the 14 yard line. On 3rd down, I went for a shut gun pass, then...

Interception.

You have no idea how mad I was at the time. But I eventually calmed down, and successfuly forced a 3 and out from the Colts. And just after they punted, Randall(now the #1 WR, lol) would catch a play-action pass in double coverage and takes it 49 yards for a TD. 14-20 Cardinals.

On the Colts' next possossion, Manning would get sacked by Hutton, then 2 incompletions leads to another 3 and out. After a great punt return and a good catch by Randall, I was thinking I finally truned the game around, but Norwood would fumble on the next play, and we are going the other way.

My D was fully awake now, as they forced another 3 and out. I passed/play action all the way down the field, it was fairly successful. But, at the Colts' 19. Robinson would throw another INT. Truning the ball over again.
I am so tired of these turnovers. The D has been great but these turnovers are ruining all the chances my D had created!! Com'on people!! Wake up!!!

The Defence continued to be awsome, sacked Manning on the 3rd down and forced another 3 and out.

On the 1st play of my drive, Robinson threw his 3rd INT, this time it was returned for a TD. I have nothing to say now, we just have to realize that if we keep turning the ball over we can't win games. I kept Robinson in, because if he can't do it, no one on the team can. The Colts failed the 2 point conversion, and the score is now 14-26.

Robinson threw another 2 INTs after, with Bulluck get 1 INT for me in between as well. I took them all very calmly. I thought that maybe we are just not meant to win this one, and from what I've seen, we don't deserve to win it at all. The Colts would get another TD with 5 mins left, I sub my 2nd string since there iis no way we can catch up now. I just want everyone to have some playing time in the Superbowl.

The final score stayed at 14-44. Looking at the stats, my offensive yards and 1st downs were all higher than the Colts. The thing that killed me was the turnovers. The Colts only had 1, and I had 7.

This might be a disappointing loss. But it also pointed out a lot of problems to fix on the team, and also made me realized that I'm expecting a little bit too much from my team, a trip to the Superbowl is already amazing enough for the Cardinals. I shouldn't be so angry just because we didn't win the Superbowl.

Overall, this was a great season, we had a good draft, made it to the Superbowl, and had revenge on the Giants. Now the new off season is coming, with a lot of problems to be fixed during the FA period and the Draft. Once again, I'll try to bring the Cardinals closer to the level of a Superbowl winning team!
Keep reading guys, this is only the beginning of a spectacular coaching career!
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 06-04-2009 at 10:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »