Home

Detroit Lions Franchise (Madden 10)

This is a discussion on Detroit Lions Franchise (Madden 10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Detroit Lions Franchise (Madden 10)

play using myskill.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #58
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
play using myskill.
Hell no. If I did that the score would be much higher. I have my passing at 10, running at 20, and the defense ones at 10ish. So basically I'd be playing on All-Pro but my running would suck.

Sorry if I sounded rude in that post, I just don't like using My skill lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #59
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

I'm probably gonna do my next game now with the difficulty up a little bit.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #60
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Buccaneers (2-3) at Lions (4-1);

I won the coin toss (what's that, the 5th time in a row?) and chose to kick it off.
They down it in the endzone, so they'll get the ball at the 20. First play is a counter for about 4 yards. I stop their next two plays, forcing them to punt.

I return the punt to start it off at the my 44. 3 plays later the ball bounces off of my TE's body into the DB's hand for a INT
First play of their drive they get a 29 yard run. Next play their QB runs for 16 yards. I got their HB in the backfield on the following play though for a loss of 3. I get them again for a loss of 2. They fail to convert on 3rd down and kick a FG to make it 3-0 Bucs winning.

Sanders returns it to the 35 on the KR. First play LeRon gets a 4 yard run. The next play LeRon gets 32 yard catch! Calvin then get's his first catch of the game for 16 yards. Two plays later Calvin Johnson get's a TD catch to make the game 7-3, Lions winning.

First play of their drive they get a amazing catch for 8 yards. Then Ward breaks a 20-something yard run. Next play he get's a 12 yard run. Another run and 6 more yards for the Bucs.
End of the 1st quarter, it's 3-7 Lions winning.
2 Plays later Freeman scrambles for a first down. Two more plays later I stop them on 3rd down forcing them to kick another FG. They make it and now it's 6-7 Lions winning.

First play Stafford throws ANOTHER INT. Bucs now have the ball on my 20. I managed to get a few TFL's and a sack to make it 4th and 23. And they MISS the FG!!
Stafford comes back and finds Calvin open for 12 yards. TE drops the pass on the next play. After that play I found the FB open for 28 yards. I then try a run and get nothing. So I call another run play and got 3 yards. 3rd down now Stafford throws a incompletion. I make the FG though, so the score is now 6-10 Lions winning with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Bucs return it to their 21 to begin their drive. First play I stop them for -2 yards. 2 plays later I stop their pass on 3rd down to make them punt.

Bellows returns it to their 49 to start the drive with 1:45 left in the second quarter. Two plays later I get a 1st down with a minute and 10 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. About 5 plays later Stafford scrambles for a first down to make it 1st and Goal with 25 seconds left in the 1st half. Two plays later LeRon James gets a Rushing TD to make it 6-17 Lions winning.
Bucs run out the clock to end the half.

HALFTIME SCORE: 6-17 LIONS WINNING.

I get the ball at the 26 but a penalty makes me start at the 13
First play Stafford gets sack, so now I'm at my 5. Can't get anything done and punt it.

I make them fumble but they recover it. They start their drive at my 34. I sack them though for a 6 yard loss. They complete a 6 yard 8 yard pass on the next play though. I stop them and make kick a FG and.... THEY MISS IT!!!!!!!!First play LeRon gets a 11 yard run. 2 plays later LeRon James gets a 11 yard catch. About 5 plays later I get stuffed on 3rd and inches and decide to go for it and Morris just BARELY got a first down. 2 plays later Stafford throws a INT and while I go to make Scott replace Stafford I accidently challenged the play so I wasted a time out.

I managed to stop them for a 3 and out and make them punt.
Scott's first play of the game he overthrows the HB. Next play though he completes a 29 yard pass. After that the quarter ended.

Start of the 4th quarter, I have the ball winning 6-17 at their 18. Three plays later Scott overthrows a WIDE OPEN FB. I try the same pass, and BAM I get a TD to increase my lead to 6-24.

Few plays into the drive they're at my 31 using a Air It Out style offense, but on the next play I intercepted the ball!
And then I almost returned the favor as their DB drops the ball. On 3rd down I manage to get a 1st down through a pass. 2 plays later I try the Wildcat and get 6 yards on a run. Third down now my TE is open for a 14 yard gain. James then get's 5 yards on a run. He gets another carry for 4 yards. Third and 1 I run it up the middle for 15 yards. Third and 19 now (Holding call messed me up) I throw a incompletion. I make the FG though to get the score at 6-27 Lions winning.

First play of their drive their WR is wide open for a 75 yard TD catch

They don't try a onside kick (I dunno why?) and I get the ball at their 25 yard line winning 13-27 with 19 seconds left. 4 plays later (they wasted their timeouts) LeRon James broke a 59 yard run to end the game.

FINAL SCORE: 13-34 LIONS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notable Stats:
Matthew Stafford went 14/23 for 168 yards, 1 Passing TD, and 3 INT's
Jake Scott went 4/9 for 60 yards and 1 Passing TD.
LeRon James got 162 rushing Yards on 24 carries and 2 Rushing TD's. He also had 5 catches for 89 Yards.
FB Mike Tolbert had 1 TD on 3 catches.
Calvin Johnson had 3 catches for 37 yards and a TD.
Rookie WR Jamarion Bellows only had 1 catch for 7 yards.
Mack Jackson had 7 solo tackles and 1 TFL.
SS Louis Delmas had 3 TFL's.
CB Tramon Williams had the only INT for the Lions.
LE Dewayne White and DT Shaun Smith both had a sack.
Rookie Kicker Justyn Price went 2 for 2 on FG's, the longest being 41 yards.

NEXT GAME: At Dolphins (1-4)
Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 29

Nice Franchise you have going. Just a little advice -
  • Include a few pictures or graphics
  • Keep the game recap shorter - most people (at least myself) like to come on here and read brief recaps and look at the scores/standings/stats.
If you look at Matt10's Dynasties you should get a good idea of what I mean.

I would also suggest bumping up your difficulty levels.

Not trying to be a p-rick, just trying to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #62
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Nice Franchise you have going. Just a little advice -
  • Include a few pictures or graphics
  • Keep the game recap shorter - most people (at least myself) like to come on here and read brief recaps and look at the scores/standings/stats.
If you look at Matt10's Dynasties you should get a good idea of what I mean.

I would also suggest bumping up your difficulty levels.

Not trying to be a p-rick, just trying to help.
I'd include pictures and stuff but not sure how to get pictures to show up in posts? Maybe you can help me with that?

And yeah, I was thinking of making them shorter instead of doing a play-by-play. But I'm not exactly sure how I'd make it shorter. Maybe just give the scoring plays and all the end-of-game stats?

Also, I'm playing at all the stuff at 16 right now (All-Madden is 15, and the highest it can go to is 20), so I'm not sure how well that'd work out for me. But I could try it at 17 the next game.

Oh and thanks for the advice.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #63
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Also I looked at Matt's dynasties and he does a weird format that I have no idea how to do.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #64
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Don't want this to fall to page two so here's a post lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »