Home

REDEMPTION: An Ohio State Dynasty

This is a discussion on REDEMPTION: An Ohio State Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #25
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: REDEMPTION: An Ohio State Dynasty

Conference Preview
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #26
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
Conference Preview
Great Idea. A blueprint for later on for both your and mine reference...

-Brandon Saine Spotlight tomorrowish
-Conference Preview
-Season Preview with OSU predictions as well as awards watches and what not.
-Depth Chart
-Capitan's announced and spotlighted.
-Jim Tressel Q&A prior to week 1.
-We start
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #27
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD419
Great Idea. A blueprint for later on for both your and mine reference...

-Brandon Saine Spotlight tomorrowish
-Conference Preview
-Season Preview with OSU predictions as well as awards watches and what not.
-Depth Chart
-Capitan's announced and spotlighted.
-Jim Tressel Q&A prior to week 1.
-We start
Sounds good
Old 07-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

Player Spotlight: Brandon Saine
August 2nd, 2010

Jan 1, 2010; Pasadena, CA, USA; Ohio State Buckeyes running back Brandon Saine (3) heads up field in the first quarter of the 2010 Rose Bowl against the Oregon Ducks at the Rose Bowl. Photo via Newscom
******** type="text/javascript" src="http://view.picapp.com//JavaScripts/OTIjs.js">Despite recent years with playmakers in the passing game such as Troy Smith and Terrelle Pryor, the RB will ALWAYS be a point of importance to the Buckeye offense. 2009 was Ohio State's first year without RB Chris Wells, and the inexperience in the backfield showed all season. No Ohio State running back ran for more then 800 yards.

In 2010, Ohio State will show off one of the more seasoned backfields in the Big Ten with a duo of Dan Herron and Brandon Saine, better known around Columbus as "Boom" and "Zoom" respectively. Despite getting a very equal number of carries, the Senior, Brandon Saine, will probably be the "starting" RB come opening day against Marshall on September 2nd. Saine will not only impact the running game greatly, but will also be a note worthy piece in the Ohio State passing game.

Saine hails from Piqua, Ohio. ESPN.com ranked Saine as the 61st best running back coming out of High School in 2006. Saine didn't generate much national interest outside of schools in the Midwest and East Coast. With interest in Boston College, Michigan, and Notre Dame, Saine elected to stay in state to play for the Buckeyes.

In his Freshman year Saine seen the field a decent amount of time. Saine would rush for 267 yards and 2 touchdowns on 60 rush attempts, and also catch 12 balls for 160 yards.

In 2008, Saine would miss 4 games in his Sophomore campaign due to an injury. Because of the injury, Saine's stats dramatically dropped off. Saine only carried the ball 26 times for 65 yards and only 1 touchdown.

Before the 2009 season, one thing was clear, it was Saine's time to step up and produce. With the departure of All-American running back Chris "Beanie" Wells, "Boom" and "Zoom" would get as many touches as anyone in the Buckeyes offense.

Despite running with the ball 8 less times, Saine would out gain his RB counterpart, Dan Herron, by 139 yards. Saine would have his biggest games on the biggest of stages in 2009. Against Iowa, Saine would only carry the ball 11 times, but finished with 103 yards rushing and 2 TD's. The following week, against Michigan in "The Game", Saine would run for 84 yards and a TD on 12 attempts.

Saine finished 2009 with Saine would finish 2009 with 739 rushing yards, a 5.1 YPC average, 17 receptions for 224 yards, and 6 total touchdowns.

Saine will fill a variety of roles in 2010. Whether it's as a running back, slot receiver, or a receiving threat out of the backfield, expect Saine to be a key player in the offensive success of the Buckeyes in 2010.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

ALSO

I will be creating some real 2011 prospects, 30 of them.

-5 QB's
-5 RB's
-5 WR's
-5 DL'men
-5 LB's
-5 DB's

I already have 20 out of the 30 players rated and their info in a spreadsheet, so this shouldn't slow down the dynasty movement at all outside of the 2-3 hours to create them.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #30
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
ALSO

I will be creating some real 2011 prospects, 30 of them.

-5 QB's
-5 RB's
-5 WR's
-5 DL'men
-5 LB's
-5 DB's

I already have 20 out of the 30 players rated and their info in a spreadsheet, so this shouldn't slow down the dynasty movement at all outside of the 2-3 hours to create them.
That's really cool, it's really fun to see how much time you put into this
Just a wild guess here, is Colt Mccoy's little brother one of them?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #31
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
That's really cool, it's really fun to see how much time you put into this
Just a wild guess here, is Colt Mccoy's little brother one of them?
McCoy has a little brother coming in 2011? Did not know that, might consider getting him in.

I did make Jaxton Shipley though, Jordan Shipley's little brother who's already committed to Texas. How cool would it be to have McCoy to Shipley v2.0? Would portably be hard to get both of them to commit to Texas in the game, but I may have to create Lil' McCoy if I can find out how close he is to Austin. Shipley lives in Texas, so I'll assume Texas will at least recruit him in game.

Also, a hella long Big Ten conference preview may be up tonight, if not, then tomorrow. Still gotta do about a one paragraph write up for the remaining 5 teams, and want to do some other stuff in it.

Thanks for all the support to guys. Really makes it easy and fun to write this stuff out when you know people are reading and enjoying your content. I'' be sure to return the favor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #32
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
McCoy has a little brother coming in 2011? Did not know that, might consider getting him in.

I did make Jaxton Shipley though, Jordan Shipley's little brother who's already committed to Texas. How cool would it be to have McCoy to Shipley v2.0? Would portably be hard to get both of them to commit to Texas in the game, but I may have to create Lil' McCoy if I can find out how close he is to Austin. Shipley lives in Texas, so I'll assume Texas will at least recruit him in game.

Also, a hella long Big Ten conference preview may be up tonight, if not, then tomorrow. Still gotta do about a one paragraph write up for the remaining 5 teams, and want to do some other stuff in it.

Thanks for all the support to guys. Really makes it easy and fun to write this stuff out when you know people are reading and enjoying your content. I'' be sure to return the favor.
The funny this is Lil' McCoy was signed by Texas, it was on ESPN. Looks like Shipley-McCoy 2.0 is a go

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »