Home

Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker

This is a discussion on Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15
Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker

I've been through a lot. From Hurricane Katrina, to family deaths, to drug addictions and baby momma's, I've done it all, thrown for 500 yards and then the same night rob a store, one thing I've never done tough, is given up. I am James Parker, and this is my story.

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-16-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Dad: Did you go over your plays?
J.P: Yes, dad
Dad: On that hitch route, you have to throw it before your receiver turns around, you threw 5 picks this season, 3 of them on hitch routes.

J.P: Yes, I know. I sometimes don't trust my receivers at times, they tend to slack off on their routes

Dad: Excuses. Finish dinner and go to sleep and go over that playbook one more time, don't forget what happened last year....

How could I forget? I threw 3 picks last year in my first playoff game. We lost 42-17. Lakeview Vikings use to be the laughing stock of the LAHS Football Division II B. We had combine nine wins in three seasons when I came. I sat out freshman year, was backup to Greg Sanders, great QB. I started my first game at the end of my sophomore year, we were out of playoffs and Greg decided he didn't want to get his butt whooped on the last game of his career and he left the team. We lost 35-14. I threw 3 picks but also had 1 rushing touchdown and 1 passing one. Since then, I've had a 14-6 record. We barley made the playoffs last year but got an early exit by the eventually champion Oakdale Panthers. I had a great senior year. Fifteen touchdowns to just five interception and I also passed the 2,000 yard mark, a feat that hasn't been done since my dad did it back in 75'. Tomorrow is my big day. We take on Larose in the quarter-finals of the state championship. I am a coveted five star prospect but a good show on for regional schools like LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss might get me that scholarship that I've dreaded for.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Baby Momma

Dad: Great game son, 292 passing yards and 227 rushing yards and 6 total touchdowns!!

J.P: Yeah, you were right, they were going man to man and most of the time the corners were well blocked too so it was pretty easy.

Dad: LSU didn't show up but that okay. There is one problem though

J.P: I know, I'm 6'1 and only 190 pounds, most big schools want someone heavier, I know. I will stock up but right now I am on a tight schedule

Dad: Yeah but I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to Leticia.

Leticia was everything. She was my first date, my first kiss, my first true love and my first baby momma. It happened at the beginning of my Senior year. We won our season opener against Vidalia and we had a keg party. Leticia and I were usually sober but that night we got wasted and even blazed. I had known her since I was five. We've been in the same school for as long as I can remember. We started dating around my freshman year in middle school and been together ever since. There were loud music and all I could hear was her mumbling to me as were dancing. I laughed and continue dancing. She grabbed me and led me through a crowd. I taught she wanted another drink or something. I soon realized that she was heading upstairs. I didn't know what to do. I knew I wasn't ready but saying no could ruin our relationship and my reputation. I loved Leticia and always knew I would have my first time with her but not this way. The bed was obviously used and smelled like alcohol and cheap perfume. Everything happened so fast and I don't even remember what happened. Five months later I get a call from Leticia telling me that she is pregnant....

Dad: You should make her take a paternity test
J.P: Hell no
Dad: J.P, if schools find out that you have been sleeping around and that you have a baby momma to take care of, do you think they are gonna give you a scholarship?

JP: Don't call her baby momma

Dad: I'm sick of this J.P.!!! You have more talent than any kid New Orleans has ever seen, heck, the state of Louisiana hasn't seen a prospect like you. You can't throw it away for this stupid girl!!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Tragedy

Dad: What the hell was that J.P

J.P: I had a bad game, that's all. So what? Everyone sucked.

Dad: Three picks? You call that bad? That was horrible!!!!

J.P: Two of them came on dropped balls that turned into a pick

Dad: You need to focus son. You are this close into going into a Division I school

J.P: Yes, I AM, not you Dad. This is my career and I can do what I want with it.

Dad: Your mother and D.J. would want you to succeed in life son..

Mom. Mom died a few years ago during Hurricane Katrina. Jasmine Price was her name. She was beautiful. She met my dad while he was at Mississippi State. She was the perfect mother. She loved football, not like my dad who is obsessed with it, but she loved it because I loved it. I was away at a QB Training Camp in Gulvport, MS when the Hurricane hit New Orleans. The camp was evacuated to Jackson, MS. I had no idea what happened to my family during that period of time. I came back two weeks later to find out that my brother Dwayne and mom died. Mom drowned. My dad was on his way to come visit me when it striked New Orleans. D.J. survived the hurricane and went to the Superdome for shelter. He was killed there. No one knows what happened. Some say he got killed during a robbery but I don't like to think about it. We did found both of their bodies. I had never seen my dad cried. that day, he cried like a new born baby...

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-16-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Re: Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker

Leticia: They're here J.P.

J.P.: How many?

Leticia: A lot!!!

J.P: LSU?

Leticia:Yes

J.D: Mississippi State?

Leticia: Yup

My dad decided that it will be best if I didn't open or look at my scholarship offers during the season. He wanted me to stay focus. I had already picked my top 2 schools but now that I have almost 100 scholarship offers to go through it might be tough challenge. I decided to spent my last few days with Leticia. She was going to Southern University and A&M College, a small college outside of Baton Rouge. She was a smart girl but having a baby was tough.Her parents decided that they were going to help her by taking care of the baby. My dad didn't want any part of it, but I did. That baby has my blood running through its vanes. She was due in two months. I always felt guilty for it, I felt like I was getting off the hook while her life was ruined.

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-16-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Where will James Parker go?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I vote UNC..
Old 02-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I vote UNC..
thanks for following

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-15-2011 at 10:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »