Home

Music City Miracle | A Titans Franchise

This is a discussion on Music City Miracle | A Titans Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10
Music City Miracle | A Titans Franchise

After a very, very long hiatus, I'm back. I apologize to my previous followers regarding my most recent departure, but, things happened. It's been a long time, and I've essentially forgot my path with my previous team, so I'm starting over, fresh.

Here's how it is, I've simulated the 2010 NFL Season in full. Impressively enough, it was a battle of the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl, however, the Steelers prevailed this time. Other than those two, I've adjusted the draft order to adhere to the 2011 NFL Draft order that we have in real life.

I'm picking up 'real time' just after the season has ended. In this alternate reality, the CBA is already in place.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Re: Music City Miracle | A Titans Franchise

The Silly Season - Football Edition

NASCAR generally has a crazy 'silly season' every year when drivers change teams, sponsors, and numbers even. The National Football League has one of their own as coaches are finding new homes throughout the league. One of the more surprising moves was Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams elected to fire head coach Jeff Fisher. Fisher led his team to a 6-10 record that included more drama off the field then wins on it. Fisher has been the longest tenured active coach in the league being with the Titans before the move to Nashville from Houston. Following Fisher were both of his coordinators, Mike Heimendinger and Chuck Cecil. After a number of interviews including ex-Panther head coach John Fox, the Titans announced they would sign Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey to the head coaching position. Mularkey wasted no time trying to beef up his coaching staff signing Brian Daboll to the offensive coordinator position and ex-Browns coordinator Rob Ryan to the defensive coordinator position.

Also released from duty were Wade Phillips of the Cowboys, Josh McDaniels of the Broncos, and Panthers John Fox. The Broncos, in complete shambles after the Josh McDaniels experiment brought in John Fox to help rebuild the organization. After serious discussion between Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, it was decided to leave Garrett at his position and bring in ex-Titans coach Jeff Fisher to become the next head coach. "I'm excited to start over with a new organization," said Fisher in a press conference after the news was made public. Finally, the Panthers decided to bring in ex-Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera to become their next head coach. Josh McDaniels elected to sign with the St. Louis Rams as their offensive coordinator.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Quick Hits

Franchise Tags
Numerous teams elected to 'tag' their players to keep them on the roster and hopefully work out a new contract during the season, if not potentially get one more season out of them. Notable franchise tags in the league were:

Philadelphia Eagles | Quarterback - Michael Vick
Indianapolis Colts | Quarterback - Peyton Manning
New England Patriots | Offensive Guard - Logan Mankins
Baltimore Ravens | Defensive End - Haloti Ngata
Oakland Raiders | Linebacker - Kamerion Wimbley
Carolina Panthers | Center - Ryan Kalil

Quarterbacks on the Move
Carson Palmer apparently has about $80 million dollars in the bank and has no interest in playing with the Cincinnati Bengals ever again. "I'll retire before I ever play for them again..."

The Philadelphia Eagles find themselves with an interesting situation as well. With the franchise tender placed on Michael Vick, it would appear the Eagles will be entertaining offers for backup Kevin Kolb. A number of teams will be looking for quarterbacks in both the draft and free agency could be talking to the Eagles a lot.

Despite one half of the relationship between Jeff Fisher and Vince Young being sent packing, Fisher being fired a week ago, Titans owner Bud Adams has announced that Vince Young will not be on the Titans roster by the end of the off-season. Whether that translates to a release or trade, no one is quite sure. But what many do know, is it places a giant gap in the quarterback position for the Titans organization.

Asomugha's Contract Terminated
Due to a clause in Nnamdi Asomugha's contract not being full-filled, his contract has been terminated and he appears to be set to become a free agent. Upon an initial look, Asomugha could become the hottest name in free agency this year. It's nearly a lock that about every team will at least be contacting him about contract offers.

Last edited by Adam14; 03-06-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Tennessee Titans Re-Signing Recap

With twenty-one players sitting on expiring contracts, the Titans had a busy re-signing period as they prepared for the NFL Draft and Free Agency Period.

Players Offered New Contracts
OT Michael Otto - 5 Years
LB Stephen Tulloch - 6 Years
DE Jason Babin - 6 Years
FB Ahmard Hall - 7 Years
TE Bo Scaife - 7 Years
P Brett Kern - 7 Years
DE Jacob Ford - 6 Years

Players Not Offered New Contracts
C Fernando Velasco
LB Jamie Winborn
CB Pete Ittersagen
QB Chris Simms
TE Craig Stevens
C Andy Alleman
WR Lavallee Hawkins
DE William Hayes
WR Randy Moss
LB David Thronton
QB Kerry Collins
DE Dave Ball
OG Leroy Harris
LB Colin Allred

Last edited by Adam14; 03-06-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Can anyone tell me what the reason might be behind the computer not re-signing anyone? I control all 32 teams, but unless I franchise a certain player, they end up in the free agency pool. Every single player becomes a free agent and it's bugging me. I've tried everything, but I'm not about to do re-signings for every team.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

You have "resignings" set to user.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #7
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjampen
You have "resignings" set to user.
I changed it to CPU and it still does it. That was the first thing I thought of. What's strange is that it re-signs players on the Titans that I didn't even want re-signing, such as Kerry Collins and Randy Moss.

EDIT: I'm going to be starting over. I'll make the same coaching changes, but my re-signings may change, so watch for post #4 to be changed sometime during the day today. Everything will be the same with the draft as it was before. This time around I'll be sure to change it so the Packers win the Super Bowl by draft standards at least.

Last edited by Adam14; 03-06-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Nice to see you back doing another one, your last one was great. How did you get the draft order to be the same as real life? Did you trade picks or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »