Home

Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Dynasty (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Dynasty (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #81
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Dynasty (Madden 25)

Preseason Week 3: Bears @ Raiders

The Raiders are riding momentum after beating the Saints on the road. This week, the Silver and Black returns home to host the Bears. The QB battle is very close, neck and neck, between Matt Flynn and Tyler Wilson. Dennis Allen said he hopes to announce the winner of the quarterback battle after this game. At first, Oakland was only running the ball with Darren McFadden. A few Matt Flynn completions drove the team downfield, but Flynn was nearly intercepted. McFadden ran in for a three yard touchdown run. Jay Cutler took the field, only to be sacked by Lamar Houston. A Brandon Marshall drop led to an Oakland punt. The Raiders led 7-0 after one quarter. Flynn played decently, but still failed to impress.

Tyler Wilson entered the game, with a perfect opportunity to win the starting job, on third down. An illegal forward pass by Wilson led to an Oakland punt. Sio Moore got a tackle on third down, and the Bears had to settle for a field goal. Rookie Mychal Rivera continues to impress with a big catch in traffic, putting the Raiders in position for a field goal. The Bears fired right back, driving downfield to kick a field goal of their own. Taiwan Jones took the kickoff all the way to the Bear’s 42 yardline. The Raiders took another field goal, and led 13-6 half. Wilson was playing well, but not enough to win the job.

The Bears kicked a field goal, and Wilson retook the field. In this game, Connor Vernon, Brice Butler and Latavius Murray all made their debuts, for the Raiders and the NFL as a whole. Wilson found Vernon for a first down catch, then Wilson threw a 32 yard touchdown pass to Juron Criner. Both teams stalled on offense, and the Raiders led 20-9 after three quarters. Wilson exited the game, playing well. Was it enough to win the starting job? Terelle Pryor took the field. Pryor could not muster any offense, and the Raiders punted.

Michael Bush, the former Raider, capped off a Bears drive with a four yard touchdown run. Denarius Moore took the ensuing field goal all the way back for a touchdown. The Bears drove downfield, but turned the ball over on downs. The Raiders kicked another field goal, and the Bears failed on fourth down again. Raiders win 30-17, winning their second straight.

Spoiler

Press Conference with Dennis Allen

Question: You've won two preseason games in a row, arguably against better teams. Your response?

Allen: As I said last week, winning always feels good. It makes the locker room morale improve. But, I think I can speak for the team when I say I'd much rather be winning games in the regular season.

Question: Last week you said you hoped to announce the winner of the quarterback battle after tonight's game. Who won?

Allen: It's still too close to decide. Next week, Flynn will start again and Wilson will play the second, third and fourth quarters. You have my word, I will announce the winner of the battle after next week's game.

Around the League

Junior Galette of the Saints falls to injury.

Bears release WR Eric Weems.

Patriots cut HB Leon Washington, WR Lavelle Hawkins.

Clay Matthews hurt, big blow to Packers.

Bills beat Redskins.

Eagles win on the road. The Chiefs beat the Steelers 30-14 in Pittsburgh.

Broncos, Cardinals and Vikings win.

Browns destroy Colts on the road.

Daryl Smith of the Ravens falls to injury, as does Curtis Lofton of the Saints.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #82
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Preseason Week 4/Finale at Seahawks

The Seahawks are one of the most hyped up teams this preseason, and their home field is one of the toughest places to play. The Raiders, having won two games straight this preseason, have a good amount of their own hype. Tonight, the quarterback battle ends for the Raiders. Dennis Allen will announce who won the job after this game. Will it be Matt Flynn, the man no one gives a chance, or the rookie Tyler Wilson?

The Raiders started on offense. Matt Flynn’s first pass was intercepted by Richard Sherman. What a bad time to throw an interception for Flynn. Russell Wilson drove the Seahawks downfield, and found his new weapon Percy Harvin for a touchdown. Flynn was off target, but found Nick Kasa the next play for a twenty yard touchdown pass! What a great response to an interception by Flynn. The score was 7-7 after one quarter, following uneven play from Flynn. Tyler Wilson entered the game, the starting quarterback job in his reach. The Seahawks, led by Tarvarais Jackson, capped off a drive with a Jackson three yard touchdown run on the read option. Mychal Rivera had a great catch in traffic on a good pass from Wilson on third down. Bruce Irvin, at the end of the day, would sack a Raiders quarterback three times. Both offenses stalled and punted.

In a scary moment, Mychal Rivera fell to an injury, luckily only back spasms. Wilson found Juron Criner for a 50 yard catch and run touchdown! The game was tied again, 14-14 at the half. Wilson was playing well, possibly enough to win the job. Tracy Porter intercepted Jackson, giving Porter his second interception this preseason. A few good runs by rookie Latavius Murray resulted in a Raiders field goal. Both teams stalled on offense again, punting. Golden Tate returned a punt all the way to the Oakland 43 yardline for the Seahawks. The Seahawks had a chance to tie the game but narrowly missed a field goal.

The Raiders punted again, and the Seahawks drove all the way downfield, ending in a Marshawn Lynch seven yard touchdown reception with 1:33 remaining in the game. Tyler Wilson was magnificent, driving the team downfield ending in a Criner five yard touchdown catch with five seconds left. What an excellent drive by Wilson. Charles Woodson intercepted the Hail Mary attempt to end the game. The Raiders win, 24-21, their third straight, to finish the preseason.

Spoiler

Press Conference With Dennis Allen

And the winner of the quarterback battle is....

"Tyler Wilson. At first, I thought the battle was between Flynn and Pryor. Terelle played poorly in week one, and Wilson played very well, and I knew the battle was between Flynn and Wilson. It was a very close call. Both guys are very talented. I know we're not going to win many games this year, but I want to give us the best chance to win. Wilson gives us the best chance to win. Tyler Wilson is our quarterback."

Notable Cuts-

Despite a productive preseason, the Raiders cut WR Juron Criner. Oakland has two injury prone young receivers in Denarius Moore and Jacoby Ford, and two talented rookies in Brice Butler and Connor Vernon. Criner probably would not have seen the field often had the Raiders kept him.

The Raiders also cut TE's Jeron Mastrud and Richard Gordon, suggesting that rookies Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa will see a lot of playing time early.

Oakland opens the regular season on the road, at the Colts.

*** Author's note:

Tyler Wilson wins the battle! Sorry for the several of you that wanted Flynn to start, but I decided to roll with the rookie.

I tried to make semi-accurate rosters/depth charts, using real life cuts and these websites:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...013-season/28/

^ Injury report, most guys listed are out for the season or several weeks. Pitta, Maclin, Crabtree etc.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...s-whos-winning

^Position Battles. I followed NFL.com's predicted position battle winners. Geno Smith wins the QB battle, as does Vick, Gabbert, Manuel, and Weeden.

I'm so psyched for the regular season! Raiders game, game of the week, and primetime game of the week will all be covered every week.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #83
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1

Whoa Tyler Wilson! Now that is a change! That is a surprise!

I wish you good luck. I suspected that Pryor's atheticism would have him excell in the world of Madden, but its a tad bit gratifying to see him struggle due to his real deficiencies. Although he may start for the Raiders come wee 1 in real life, no one would argue that he's polished.

Too bad for Criner. Really felt that that was a cut that encapsulates the difficulty of pre-season, you know. Guy plays well, but his shot to make the team is so damn distant, that it doesn't matter.

Awesome stuff.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Old 08-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #84
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Loving the graphics!
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #85
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

OVR: 15

You have some nice momentum going heading into the regular season, after winning three straight!

Also, just a suggestion. But having a headline and maybe posting the score under it would look nice.

Overall, you have a great franchise going though!

Something like this:

Tyler Wilson outperforms Flynn for starting job in win
Raiders 24, Seahawks 21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #86
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
Loving the graphics!
Thanks so much! Lol I wish I could make my own, but don't have Photoshop and I don't know how to use Gimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desalbert
Whoa Tyler Wilson! Now that is a change! That is a surprise!

I wish you good luck. I suspected that Pryor's atheticism would have him excell in the world of Madden, but its a tad bit gratifying to see him struggle due to his real deficiencies. Although he may start for the Raiders come wee 1 in real life, no one would argue that he's polished.

Too bad for Criner. Really felt that that was a cut that encapsulates the difficulty of pre-season, you know. Guy plays well, but his shot to make the team is so damn distant, that it doesn't matter.

Awesome stuff.
A surprise is what I was going for. I know some people are starting Pryor in their Raiders franchises, some are starting Flynn. Me? I'm starting Wilson.

Criner played well, but I simply have too much depth at WR.

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy4me
You have some nice momentum going heading into the regular season, after winning three straight!

Also, just a suggestion. But having a headline and maybe posting the score under it would look nice.

Overall, you have a great franchise going though!

Something like this:

Tyler Wilson outperforms Flynn for starting job in win
Raiders 24, Seahawks 21
Yeah, three in a row!

Ok, I will do that from now on.

Thanks so much, that really means a lot.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #87
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Thanks so much! Lol I wish I could make my own, but don't have Photoshop and I don't know how to use Gimp.
Could have fooled me, I thought they were yours.

I've always used Microsoft paint to create graphics.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #88
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow, surprised Wilson beat out Flynn. Good luck against the Colts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »