Home

A New Era | The Texas Longhorns

This is a discussion on A New Era | The Texas Longhorns within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #9
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A New Era | The Texas Longhorns

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
ALL RECORDS FROM 2014 AND BEYOND

Class of '14:
Class Rank:
Recruiting Preview:
Number of Recruits:
Top Recruit:
Big Time Recruits:
Positions of Need Were:
Offensive Players:
Defensive Players:
Signing Day Special:
Tennessee Recruiting Recap:

Last edited by TearzBoiKilla; 12-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

You may now post...

The first season has been simmed, Florida State won the national title and Winston took home the Heisman (Took me a couple of sims). All incoming recruits will be edited for Texas to match real life names, and I will take it team by team as I play them starting with EA's generic recruits from next season.

Hope you all enjoy.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

Austin, Texas -- Mack Brown united and revived a divided, dormant Texas football program and coached the Longhorns to their first undisputed national title in 36 years. Now, after four consecutive seasons with at least four losses, Brown is stepping down in Austin to make way for the next coach to try and put the Texas football program back amongst the elite.

Brown had come under heavy criticism the past few seasons, as the Longhorns finished 5-7 in 2010, 8-5 in ’11 and 9-4 in ’12 which for most other schools those records wouldn’t even be questioned, but Texas is not most other schools. Brown may have been able to save his job but early losses to BYU and Ole Miss and an eventual 8-4 record led to his decision to resign as head coach of the Texas Longhorns.

Brown’s meeting with Powers and new athletic director Steve Patterson which initially was scheduled for Thursday was pushed back until Friday afternoon so that Brown could address the media ahead of the Alamo bowl with Oregon, during that conference Brown told the nation once again that his position with the Texas program would and will not change, so many Texas fans will wake to a shock this morning should they have not read more into what Brown stated.

In 2013, Brown’s coaching job was mostly admirable. The Longhorns dealt with a variety of injuries, including concussions to starting quarterback David Ash and crippling blows to the running game and defense. Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was fired (and Greg Robinson appointed) following the loss the BYU, and the ‘Horns responded; they won six of their next seven games.

The job in Austin is one of the most coveted positions in college football if not all forms of football, and attention will turn to the program’s high-profile coaching search. Patterson is new to the school’s AD gig, and this hire will shape his Texas legacy right off the bat.

Names such as Alabama's Nick Saban, Baylor's Art Briles and 49ers Jim Harbaugh have been thrown out as potential candidates but all of those seem a far stretch with Saban signing a new long term deal with Alabama, Art Briles has been touted as the next head coach in Washington linking him up with his former quarterback Robert Griffin and Jim Harbaugh is on yet another Superbowl trial with the 49ers.

What we can confirm though is that Brown isn't completely done with the Longhorns program, although the 62-year old will no longer coach he has been offered a place alongside president Bill Powers, who many blame for Mack Browns decision to resign.

Whoever takes over from Brown will have to be able to deal with the pressure of coaching a top college football program and the expectations of all the Longhorns fans to win and win big.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

Austin, Texas -- Just five years ago, Chad Morris was guiding Lake Travis High School in Austin, Texas to its second straight state title, now he is replacing Mack Brown as the head coach of the Texas Longhorns despite being a graduate of Texas A&M.

Morris interviewed for the job last weekend behind the likes of both James Franklin and Jon Gruden but it is the Clemson offensive coordinator who is charged with returning the Longhorns program to elite status within the NCAA.

Just like his good friend Gus Malzahn, Morris was one of the hottest coordinator's in college football for the past two seasons running a dynamic and powerful offense in Clemson.

Texas Athletic Director Steve Patterson, explained the decision to hire Morris over the more prototype head coaches out there.

"Texas has been built on stability and longevity over the past 16-years and that is exactly what we wanted with the new coach." Patterson said. "Chad has a great football mind and proved that with every single team or offense he has run during his career, his knowledge and depth as a high school coach in Texas will also help on the recruiting front, this is a very exciting time for all associated with the program here in Texas."

Morris has agreed to a five year contract with the Longhorns and will bring his own coaching staff in within the next couple of weeks.

Two things Morris will bring to Texas are points and yards. In 52 games at the college level, his offense averaged nearly 40 points per game and no less than 10-yards shy of 500-yards of total offense with Clemson averaging nearly 517-yards per game this season.

Chad Morris can thank Gus Malzahn success with the Auburn program in his first year as head coach as to why a program like Texas has given the 45-year old a chance despite no head coaching history at the collegiate level.

“It’s an honour to be given this opportunity,” said Morris during his announcement as head coach today. “As a Texas native and spending so much time around this area I know exactly what this school means to the state of Texas and its fans and that is why I will work day and night to get things right here again. Thankfully for me the school has been left in a position to win at the hands of a coach like Mack Brown.”

There is defiantly going to be some bumps along the road next season for this Texas program as Morris instates his offense and beliefs into the players, but given time this could be one scary good team in the next few seasons.

With Morris at the helm, the Longhorns will be given an identity once again on offense and with the right hire on defense the Longhorns could make a push for the Big XII next season after coming close in Mack Browns final season.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Looks good. I will be following.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey Tearz, good luck with this. Great start and I really like the hire of Morris. Are you starting at the end of 2013, or before the season starts?

Morris might be a good choice. He has ties to Texas and created a powerhouse at Lake Travis. He could be Art Briles, which is the type of coach UT needs. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Looks good. I will be following.
Thanks, glad to have you along for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize08
Hey Tearz, good luck with this. Great start and I really like the hire of Morris. Are you starting at the end of 2013, or before the season starts?

Morris might be a good choice. He has ties to Texas and created a powerhouse at Lake Travis. He could be Art Briles, which is the type of coach UT needs. Good luck.
Good to see you Maize again, this is starting at the end of 2013 so basically the beginning of 2014 with the first season being simmed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #16

Cheese2121's Arena

Tearz! My man! It has been far too long. I am so excited to see you back at chising! I will be putting together a small little project myself later. More on that to come.

This looks great as always! Excited to see where you can take Texas! You know I am following.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »