Home

The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #57
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

photo ncaa-football-logo_zps09ee6ea6.jpg

Around The League: Week 2 Recap

Top Story

Heart Stopper! Boston College defeats #4 USC 21-18
In a game that featured two offenses going over 150 yards rushing but limited to under 100 yards passing, the Boston College Eagles are victorious over #4 ranked USC 21-18. Eagles running back David Dudeck had 2 rushing scores and back up running back Tyler Rouse added another to give Boston College the 3 touchdown win. USC QB Cody Kessler struggled all day but did manage to throw for two touchdown passes. Boston College will remain undefeated on the year with a 2-0 record.

Upset City

In week two there were again some memorable upsets. Powerhouse schools Ohio State and Alabama continue to struggle without their stars, remaining win less on the season:

Boston College defeats #4 USC 21-18
Cincinnati defeats #18 Ohio State 34-27
Marshall defeats #6 Louisville 24-17
Florida Atlantic defeats #13 Alabama 32-31

Heisman Watch

After two weeks of play, the top three on the Heisman Watch list remains unchanged. The bottom two however is constantly changing. Auburn QB Nick Marshall falls out of the list with his uninspiring play replaced by Florida senior running back Mack Brown. Georgia running back Todd Gurley II slips one spot to last place.

Heisman Watch - Updated: Sep 8, 2014
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Trevone BoykinQBTCU
Chuckie KeetonQBUtah State22-35, 256 YDS, TD
Jeremy LangfordHBMichigan State16 ATT, 97 YDS, TD
Mack BrownHBFlorida33 ATT, 195 YDS, 4 TD
Todd Gurley IIHBGeorgia32 ATT, 208 YDS, 3 TD

Top 25

For the second week in a row, Auburn continues to be the number one team in the country. The top 25 welcomes three new teams to the list, Boston College, Minnesota, and Cincinnati, while Ohio State and Alabama continue to slip down the polls.

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Sep 8, 2014
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Auburn (39)101503
22Oregon (21)101448
33Washington (1)101394
45Texas A&M101287
57Florida201180
68Michigan101180
79Michigan State101090
811Arizona State10970
912Miami10945
1010Clemson01918
114USC11800
1215Maryland10763
1316Northern Illinois10727
14--Boston College20597
156Louisville01573
1619South Carolina10560
1720Ole Miss20509
1814Georgia11469
1921LSU10469
2022Georgia Tech10424
21--Cincinnati10360
2223West Virginia20360
2313Alabama02239
24--Minnesota10213
2518Ohio State02167

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 06-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #58
Master of Disguise

photo Logo_zpsa616b55e.jpg

Cougars Invade Provo Looking For Win Number Three

Provo,UT-The WSU Cougars are looking to extend their 2 game winning streak against a very tough BYU team looking for their second win of the season.

BYU QB Taysom Hill looks like he will give this soft WSU defense fits today as he leads his team in rushing and passing yards. "Hill is a great talent and a great kid," Defensive coordinator Mike Brenske said, "We prepared all week for his dual threat ablitity and I am confident our kids are up for the job. They just have to remember their assignments remember to wrap up tackle."

On the other side, Senior WSU QB Connor Halliday leads a very hot Cougar offense that has found success through the air and on the ground. Halliday himself seems to have finally settled in as QB and is currently the number two passer in the country.

"As long as these young men continue to succeed, there wont be any issues," said WSU Head Coach Mike Leach. "If they start to struggle we will make adjustments to help this team win football games."

Some believe this statement means Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell is still on a short leash despite his success the past couple of weeks. Time will tell if and when Leach will take over again but for now Harrell's offense is on fire.

Kirk Herbstriet Prediction:
BYU over WSU 31-28

Matchup Preview *|* September 13, 2014
@
Washington State Cougars
(2-0, 1-0 Away)
Brigham Young Cougars
(1-1, 0-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
43.5Points Per Game22.0
558.5Total Offensive Yards310.0
165.5Rushing Yards212.0
393.0Passing Yards98.0
Defensive Stats Comparison
281.5Total Yards Allowed267.5
104.0Rushing Yards Allowed154.5
177.5Passing Yards Allowed113.0
Injury Report

BYU B. Kearsley (C)
4 Weeks
Game Notes
WSU WR R.Galvin has had at least 100 yards receiving and a TD in the past 2 games; BYU QB T.Hill leads the team in rushing YDS; WSU QB C.Halliday has only thrown 1 int this year;

Old 06-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #59
Master of Disguise

Halliday Leads WSU to a Comeback Win Over BYU

Provo,UT-Down 24-3 at halftime, you would think the losing locker room would be quiet and depressed, but that was not the case for the WSU Cougars.

"We knew we could win this game," Senior QB Connor Halliday said, "And it showed in the second half."

With rousing speeches from Seniors Halliday and WR R.Galvin and coaches Mike Brenske and Graham Harrell, the WSU Cougars scored 42 unanswered points in the second half to beat the BYU Cougars 45-24 in the biggest comeback in school history.

"This was a great great win for the program." offensive coordinator Graham Harrell said after the game surrounded by his celebrating players. "This team really came together today and I think we showed that if we play as a team, we can beat anyone."

Defensive Coordinator Mike Brenske called a stellar second half as his defense held BYU to under 100 yards after his team gave up over 300 yards of total offense in the first half.

"They came out in the second half fired up and they made some great adjustments." BYU QB Taysom Hill said after the game, "They were the better team in the second half."

WSU QB Connor Halliday led a terrific effort in the second half, throwing for three touchdown passes and running in two more. His chemistry with WR Rickey Galvin continues to be hot at the two connected for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns.

"When those two are on the same page, Beware." Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell said laughing. "But overall it was a terrific effort by the whole team."

WSU Head Coach Mike Leach was unavailable for comment after the game. "He is probably already studying game tape on UCLA" Harrell said shrugging off the question.

There are rumors that Leach was prepared to take over offensive play calling for the second half but the players stepped in and adamantly supported Graham Harrell to continue the offensive play calling. When asked if this was true, WSU running back Marcus Mason changed the topic. Whatever is brewing in the WSU locker room, its becoming clear that it is Harrell not Leach who has control of the offense.

WSU ends their 3 game road trip in Los Angelas as they will face the undefeated UCLA Bruins next week.

Washington State Cougars at Brigham Young Cougars
Sep 13, 20141234F
WSU (3-0, 0-0)03212145
BYU (1-2, 0-0)10140024
Top Performers
PASS: C.Halliday (WSU) - 16-22, 356 YDS, 5 TOTAL TD
RUSH: J.Williams (BYU) - 16 ATT, 77 YDS, TD
REC: R.Galvin (WSU) - 5 REC, 150 YDS, 2 TD
Team Stats Comparison
WSUBYU
First Downs2020
3rd Down Efficiency7-154-10
4th Down Efficiency2-20-0
Total Yards581496
Passing Yards356283
Rushing Yards183102
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-150-0
Turnovers01
Time of Possession21:0810:52
Washington State Cougars
Brigham Young Cougars

Old 06-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #60
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Finally decided to catch up on this. This is solid. I like the side stories you provide about the team. From Coach Leach's pushiness to plans for the wedding. It's like watching a soap opera.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 06-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #61
Master of Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
Finally decided to catch up on this. This is solid. I like the side stories you provide about the team. From Coach Leach's pushiness to plans for the wedding. It's like watching a soap opera.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Thanks man! I appreciate the praise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #62
Master of Disguise

photo journalentry_zps611eabdb.jpg

September 15th, 2014

Whew what a win! It is going to be one of those wins that will have consequences down the road both good and bad. I am really glad the kids came together after a disastrous to cruise to a blowout win. It was one of the greatest comebacks I have seen in a long while. However, I am worried about the future of the team, specifically my future. Coach Leach was all prepared to step in and take over at half time. He wasnt going to use my playbook though, he was going to use his which could have made the situation much worse for us as a team. The kids stepped up though and pretty much demanded that they keep using my playbook and having me call the plays. Coach Leach was not happy but he relented. He didnt talk much to any of us after though and did not address the team after the game. The kids are starting to get disillusioned with Coach Leach. I dont know how this is going to impact us down the road but I really hope Coach Leach is able to get over whatever is bothering him. Not only for the teams and coaches sake but it hurts us on the recruiting trail if the recruits can tell their is animosity between the head coach and the team. I really am grateful for the opportunity he provided for me and my family but if it comes down to having a job to support my family or him... I'am going to have to pick the job.

Speaking of family, my fiance finally decided to move in with her parents temporarily in Dallas so that she can have help planning the wedding. Part of me was glad to see her go because I knew she was really miserable here. I guess Pullman Washington is no place for a Texas girl. The other part of me is going to miss her terribly, especially after a rough day at the office but I guess there is nothing left to do but throw myself into my work. If we do well enough this year and if Coach Leach can stand it just a little bit longer, maybe I can get an offer to coach somewhere closer to home. I'd hate to leave these kids, especially after getting to know them so well over the past couple of months, but if this rift between Coach Leach and I keeps growing... like I said I'll look out for my family first.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #63
Master of Disguise

Cougs Start Conference Play Against UCLA

Los Angeles, CA-For some people, today marks the start of the 'real' season.

For the WSU Cougars, today is a chance to make a statement as they travel to the Rose Bowl to take on undefeated PAC 12 foe UCLA.

"Going into Los Angeles is always going to be tough." said Senior QB Connor Halliday. "UCLA is a great team and we need to play tough today to pull this one out."

Halliday leads a hot passing attack against a UCLA defense that is among the best in the country. Last week UCLA beat Texas 49-28 in a game that displayed both UCLA's potent offense and stingy defense.

The Cougars are coming off a huge win against BYU last week after scoring 42 unanswered points in the second half to win that game.

"This is a different team then from last year." UCLA Head Coach Jim Mora JR said. "Our boys understand that and I think you'll see an excellent game today."

WSU Head Coach Mike Leach was unavailable once again for comment. Some saying he is still upset about a rumor "mutiny" last week in the locker room. The Cougars must work together as a team and coaching staff to pull out a tough one against the Bruins.

Kirk Herbstreit Prediction:
UCLA over WSU 35-28

Matchup Preview *|* September 20, 2014
@
Washington State Cougars
(3-0, 2-0 Away)
UCLA Bruins
(3-0, 2-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
44.0Points Per Game37.0
552.0Total Offensive Yards402.7
171.3Rushing Yards171.3
380.7Passing Yards231.3
Defensive Stats Comparison
316.0Total Yards Allowed362.0
103.3Rushing Yards Allowed225.0
212.7Passing Yards Allowed137.0
Injury Report

UCLA S.Manfro (HB)
3 weeks

UCLA E.Kendricks (MLB)
4 weeks
Game Notes
WSU QB C.Halliday has thrown for at least 300 yards in the pass three games; WSU WR R.Galvin has had at least 100 yards rec and a TD in the past three games; UCLA running back J.James leads the team in rushing and receiving yards.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #64
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherPotterGuy

5 Star Recruit Headlines Good Recruiting Class by Cougs

Pullman,WA-Hope may be on the horizon.

The WSU Cougars announced their 2013 recruiting class today and many fans are pleasantly surprised by the caliber and talent of these recruits.

"We picked up some great recruits" Coach Leach said, "I am excited for everyone of these young men and I cant wait to see them turn into superstars."

Wide Receivers Tim Adams and Eric Hughes create a duo that could be unstoppable down the line. "I am very happy to play for Coach Leach and Coach Harrell", Adams said at his signing day ceremony, "The team struggled a little bit this year but I believe in them and I believe that I can make a difference and help this team get back on the winning track."

On the other side of the ball, the defense is highlighted by defensive tackle Reggie Lee from Bridgeport, MI. Lee is a agile pass rusher who is quick off the ball and is very smart.

WSU's class comes in ranked at number 42 but many fans see this as turning point for a struggling program looking to make a big come back.

Washington State University Cougars Recruiting - 2013
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
Victor JacksonFBHSSan Diego, CA6'0239
Tim AdamsWRHSEast Hill-Meridian, WA6'1182
Eric HughesWRHSHalifax, CN6'1193
Kyle BrittonTEHSFlower Mound, TX6'6251
Cameron BroussardTEHSSan Leandro, CA6'4244
Ben RandallTHSBromerton, WA6'4220
Bernard BallTHSPleasanton, CA6'8275
Carlos CantrellGHSSalinas, CA6'3273
Reggie LeeDTHSBridgeport, MI6'0292
A.J WilliamsDTHSRidgecrest, WA6'3260
Rashad HarrisonDTHSNorth Creek, WA6'1286
Bryson CohenOLBHSOakland, CA6'0249
John WashingtonOLBHSBlack Diamond, WA6'0228
Chad PerryCBHSAlderwood Manor, WA6'1173
Daniel PierreFSHSRoseburg North, OR6'2195
Jeremy LawsonSSHSThousand Oaks, CA6'3209
Jeremy DavisKHSHilo, HI6'1163
James NealPHSMountain View, CA5'10214
Im impressed that you pulled a 5 star in your first recruiting class with WSU O_o. Who all did you beat for Adams??

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »