Home

NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #169
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Funny that UConn snagged English as the DC in here and in my dynasty.

Sorry about that recruiting class, that is quite rough.
UConn must really like English, and the team is a lot better than Colorado State so it works out for everyone I suppose. Surprising to see the game make similar decisions across different copies in a game that uses so much randomness.

I'm not too bummed about the recruiting class. I had a small graduating class and there really wasn't any recruits that were interested that were going to have any immediate impact besides Magnum at TE (since I'm losing my starters there). I just hope that the offense doesn't drop off with Bell and Scott graduating.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #170
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

2016 Season Preview

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW: 2016

College football is back again with the 2016 season about to get underway. The defending National Champions in Ole Miss begin the season as the #3 team in the nation, while the team they defeated in the 2015 National Championship - the Ohio State Buckeyes - sit a #1. The pollsters seem to believe the SEC will return to dominance once again as five members of the conference are in the pre-season Top 10. The Big Ten Conference is right behind them with four members mixed in the first ten as well.

Team Inside Top 10 Most Likely To Fall: #7 Texas A&M

Far from the weakest team inside the Top 10, Texas A&M would definitely have the toughest schedule. Six ranked opponents with three away from College Station highlight their 2016 campaign. Throw in a four game stretch on the road against Alabama, Mississippi State, Auburn, Ole Miss followed by USC waiting for them when they get home and you wouldn't be surprised if the Aggies fall a couple of times. Now if they win them all, they're arguably in the drivers seat for the National Championship.

Team Outside Top 25 Most Likely To Rise: Virginia Tech

The Hokies are always considered to be the best of the non-powerhouses and this year is no different. While their schedule isn't the strongest - they're favored in every game except for two - they get their toughest match-up in #11 Florida State early in the season and they play #20 Georgia Tech at home. Lane Stadium has always been kind to Virginia Tech, so a 10-2 season would likely see them in the hunt for the ACC Title and maybe a January bowl game.

West Virginia is ranked #36 and Washington State is ranked #41 to start the season. For some reason I missed adding those in.

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 06-08-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #171
Banned

Coach P's Arena

OVR: 0

Good to see you back! Although, I think you're a little off on your salary at roughly 1M a year. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #172
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach P
Good to see you back! Although, I think you're a little off on your salary at roughly 1M a year. Lol
Thanks. I figured my salary wouldn't be high since it wasn't like Georgia State had the best offense in the nation through the three years I've been there. Plus with them still being a relatively small school, a 4-year, $5-6M deal seemed reasonable.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #173
Banned

Coach P's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Thanks. I figured my salary wouldn't be high since it wasn't like Georgia State had the best offense in the nation through the three years I've been there. Plus with them still being a relatively small school, a 4-year, $5-6M deal seemed reasonable.
Well there were only 2 offensive coordinators in the nation who made over $1M a year last season (Chad Morris and Cam Cameron, Clemson and LSU). Georgia State's Head Coach made 500k last year. A lot of those D1 coaches make a ton of money, but those smaller schools don't pay nearly as well as the Power 5 conferences.

Not that it matters, just letting ya know lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #174
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach P
Well there were only 2 offensive coordinators in the nation who made over $1M a year last season (Chad Morris and Cam Cameron, Clemson and LSU). Georgia State's Head Coach made 500k last year. A lot of those D1 coaches make a ton of money, but those smaller schools don't pay nearly as well as the Power 5 conferences.

Not that it matters, just letting ya know lol.
That's actually good to know, I wasn't aware. With all the salaries you see the big name coaches getting I figured almost everyone was in the million dollar range. Lol me making more than Georgia State's head coach probably wouldn't make sense so I'm going to edit the salary. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #175
Banned

Coach P's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
That's actually good to know, I wasn't aware. With all the salaries you see the big name coaches getting I figured almost everyone was in the million dollar range. Lol me making more than Georgia State's head coach probably wouldn't make sense so I'm going to edit the salary. Thanks for the info!
Here's a link to the USA Today database.. Has all salaries for D1 public school coaches. In the top right corner you can change to head coaches. Even has basketball coaches on there too.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #176
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

2016 Sun Belt Conference Preview

2016 Sun Belt Conference Preview

1. UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns
Preseason Rank: 34
Overall: 84/88/83
Last Season: 2nd Sun Belt (11-2, 7-1), W 21-10 vs #25 Ohio in GoDaddy.com Bowl

UL Lafayette has always been the bridesmaid and never the bride, finishing second in the conference each of the last three seasons. Despite losing their head coach for the second time in the last two seasons (Scott Frost left for Pittsburgh, James Willis left for Rutgers), Dan Werner takes the reign after an 11-2 season as the offensive coordinator at Ole Miss. Arkansas State has been the only real thorn in the Cajuns side, so it's all but apparent that matchup at the end of November will decide the conference once again.

2. Arkansas State Red Wolves
Preseason Rank: 40
Overall: 84/83/87
Last Season: 1st Sun Belt (9-4, 7-1), W 24-14 vs Middle Tennessee State in R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

How Arkansas State isn't projected to win the Sun Belt is anyone's guess. Not only are they the four time defending conference champion, they've lost only THREE conference games in those four seasons. This season will mark the first in the last seven seasons that Red Wolves don't have a new head coach (Steve Roberts, Hugh Freeze, Guz Malzahn, Bryan Harsin, Eliah Dinkwitz) as Skip Holtz looks to lead his team to another conference title.

3. Troy Trojans
Preseason Rank: 72
Overall: 79/84/75
Last Season: 5th Sun Belt (8-5, 4-4), L 28-8 vs Maryland in BBVA Compass Bowl

Troy has some stars to replace from a team that hung around most contests but a couple of bad conference losses halted what could have been a phenomenal season. They lose their offensive coordinator to Northwestern, but quarterback Brandon Silvers hopes to pick up where he left on in 2014 when he stepped in for an injured Dallas Tidwell. Tidwell has graduated and junior Silvers will look to lead Troy through a schedule highlighted by a trip to Tuscaloosa in September.

4. South Alabama Jaguars
Preseason Rank: 84
Overall: 83/86/80
Last Season: 4th Sun Belt (5-7, 4-4), No Bowl Game

Halfback Dami Ayoola returns for his senior season after finishing second in the conference with 1,128 rushing yards for a Jaguars team that has improved each of the last three seasons. South Alabama has an experienced roster with 17 seniors starting and hoping to earn their first trip to a bowl game. A hot start will be necessary as five of their final seven games are on the road including a trip to #6 LSU.

5. Texas State Bobcats
Preseason Rank: 92
Overall: 79/83/76
Last Season: 3rd Sun Belt (6-6, 5-3), No Bowl Game

The trend of Sun Belt teams taking on SEC opponents continue as Texas State will welcome defending National Champion Ole Miss to San Marcos in October. The Bobcats have a stretch of four consecutive home games followed by four consecutive road games toward the end of the season. Throw in a trip to #4 Oregon and senior quarterback Jordan Moore has his work laid out for him. After a season where he threw for 2,584 yards and 27 touchdowns, expectations are high.

6. Georgia State Panthers
Preseason Rank: 99
Overall: 74/75/75
Last Season: 7th Sun Belt (6-6, 3-5), No Bowl Game

Georgia State has improved each of the last three seasons, but that trend may not continue as a lot of their offense firepower has graduated. The team will most likely revolve around All-American wide receiver Chris Black, the former member of the Crimson Tide who transferred to earn more playing time. On defense, senior safety LaDarion Young will have to anchor a secondary that struggled to stop the passing attack of opponents.

7. UL Monroe Warhawks
Preseason Rank: 105
Overall: 79/83/75
Last Season: 6th Sun Belt (4-8, 3-5), No Bowl Game

UL Monroe lost arguably their best player in quarterback Brayle Brown to graduation, and his replacements have thrown a combined 140 passes over the last two seasons. Experience in the trenches is the Warhawks main quality, while wide receiver Kyrion Parker will have to help the offense out in every way he can for them to have a successful season.

8. Idaho Vandals
Preseason Rank: 118
Overall: 72/75/70
Last Season: 8th Sun Belt (3-9, 3-5), No Bowl Game

It's hard to imagine that Idaho enjoys being a doormat for other teams. Senior quarterback Chad Chalich has been sacked 70 times in his three seasons leading this offense, and while Idaho does return it's entire starting offensive line, it's not saying much when the right side of that line let Chalich get sacked 22 times in 2015. Halfbacks Andrew Williams and Richard Montgomery are going to have to do more than just replicate the the combined 1,300+ yards they ran for last season if anything is expected to change for the Vandals.

9. New Mexico State Aggies
Preseason Rank: 125
Overall: 77/79/75
Last Season: 9th Sun Belt (0-12, 0-8), No Bowl Game

You can't do much worse than 0-12...you can't do any worse than 0-12, but that's a title New Mexico State will have to wear until football begins again (at least they have company as Arizona went 0-12 too). And to think the Aggies ended 2014 on a two game winning streak. Needless to say, the old staff is out as former Texas State offensive coordinator Jeff Conway looks to change the attitude. Joined by a pair of Northern Illinois alum in Derek Holley and Blake Powers as his coordinators and led offensively by quarterback Grant Powell, halfback Marquette Washington, and receiver Prentavious Morehead, the only place for New Mexico State to go is up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »