Home

TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty

This is a discussion on TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty

Gameday. Is there a sweeter word to football fans? I think not.

I woke up at 9, hastily pulled on every article of Titans clothing possible, checked my fantasy team and set its line-up for the weekend, wolfed down some breakfast, and plopped myself down in front of the TV.

ESPNBanner2.jpg
Titans Scratch:
QB Zach Mettenberger
RB Bishop Sankey
OLB Derrick Morgan
CB Khalid Wooten

Anticipation mounting with every passing minute, 3 hours of me watching NFL network and ESPN flashed by. Then it was 12:30, and time to head over to—

(Jim Nantz in black font, Phil Sims navy, Danielle Bellini in indigo)

"Heinz Field is the site of this conference match-up between the visiting Tennessee Titans and hosts the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jim Nantz here along with Phil Sims here to take on a game in which both teams looking to rebound after relatively poor performances last season saw these teams out of the playoffs and a full offseason to lick their wounds and make amends.

Interesting thing to keep an eye on today, folks, is the potential head-to-head match-up between the two first round draft picks, Tennessee's left tackle Taylor Lewan against Pittsburgh's latest addition to the Iron Curtain, line backer Ryan Shazier.

And before we hear the results of this season's first Sunday coin toss, let's head down to our partner on the sidelines, Danielle Bellini. Danielle?

Thanks guys. I was talking just now with Ken Wisenhunt, the Titans new head coach, and he told me about some of the new stuff first-year assistant head coach Adam Hamilton was doing with some select players..."

Oh, right, the Titans hired some D-II coach as an assistant head coach.

"...Sankey, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter and Delanie Walker spent time with Hamilton Mondays and Wednesdays, while Jurrell Casey, Lavar Edwards, Moise Fokou and Khalid Wooten did the drills Tuesday and Thursday. Wisenhunt told me that he's seen incredible improvement in Hamilton's group and that they're primed to make an impact today. Back to you, Jim.

Thanks Danielle, looks like the Titans won the toss and have elected to receive. Suisham gets his run-up and SUNDAY FOOTBALL is UNDERWAY!"

The game started with little action, the only thing of note being that Akeem Ayers was ruled out for the game with a lower-body injury.

Kamerion Wimbley sacked Roethlisberger, ending a fairly long drive highlighted by two Johnathan Dwyer 1st-down scampers.

"Locker a VERY nice pass to Nate Washington, threads the needle on 3rd and 15 for 16 yards and a big first down!

Yeah Jim, that reminds me of something Bill Parcells used to tell me about Mark Bavaro, a talented Tight End—'When he's covered, he's open.'

Titans set on first down at their own 33. I-Formation, Locker takes the snap, hands off to Greene... he's got a hole and he's speeding through! Greene to the Steelers' 40... 30... 20... Cut off at the 16 by Troy Polamalu and that's a HUGE 51-yard run from Shonn Greene!!

Locker drops back, throws... HITS WRIGHT AT THE 5 AND HE'S IN FOR THE SCORE! 16-yard TD from Jake Locker to Kendall Wright!"

I was jumping up and down with excitement, nearly having hit my head on the ceiling after Greene's run.

Then, disaster struck. Suisham hit a 34-yarder in the second quarter, and on the ensuing 1st down, Cam Thomas sacked and forced a fumble from Jake Locker, which was picked up by Jason Worilds and run in from the 10 for a go away TD.

Did I say disaster? I mean catastrophe. For on Locker's next play, he looked at Delanie Walker for too long before throwing to him, allowing Lawerence Timmons to step in front and take it 52 yards to the house. You know when that happens how you feel like your heart just got ripped out? I felt double that.

By the end of the half, I was nearly in tears.

Sorry about the length.
Next update: Second half.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty

Attachment 80753

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »