Home

Viva The Matadors! Texas Tech Red Raiders (NCAA Football 13)

This is a discussion on Viva The Matadors! Texas Tech Red Raiders (NCAA Football 13) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #33
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Viva The Matadors! Texas Tech Red Raiders (NCAA Football 13)

After finishing season one of this dynasty I have decided to make some changes. First, I will go game by game with my updates. I ran through season one playing, but feel like this report was just missing a lot of depth. Second, the created coach I have made for this dynasty was Sonny Cumbie. I meant to do a fictional coaching biography on one of the first couple posts, but totally forgot to reserve one so I will add the biography below to one of the front posts. Thanks for reading and as always feel free to comment below.

About Sonny Cumbie
Sonny Cumbie returned home to Texas Tech for his first Head Coaching job in 2012, where he was the quarterback from 2000-2004. He sat behind Kliff Kingsbury and B.J. Symmons for three seasons before getting to start in his senior season where he led the Red Raiders to an 8 – 4 record and led the Nation in Total Offense and Passing. Sonny Cumbie also led Tech over #4 Cal in the Holiday Bowl to cap off the year. Cumbie’s performance that year still ranks as number five on the all time passing yards in a season at Texas Tech and seventh best in NCAA history.

After realizing that the NFL was not going to come calling, Cumbie joined the Mike Leach staff as a Graduate Assistant. In 2005, Cumbie became a full time member of the staff as he became the Inside receivers coach. That season Tech receivers thrived under Cumbie piling up 4,146 yards and 39 TDs. During his first stint at Tech, Cumbie was able to coach a couple of 1000 yard receivers in Amendola and Crabtree.

Following the 2009 season, Cumbie got a call from Pete Carroll to coach receivers in Seattle for the NFL. While in Seattle, he was able to learn Pete’s 4-3 Under defensive scheme along with more of a ground and pound style of play calling. After being on the staff for two seasons, he interviewed for the newly open Head Coaching job at his Alma Mater Texas Tech.

After getting the nod from AD Kirby Hocutt, it did not take long before Sonny started bringing in former Red Raiders to join the staff. Among the notables were Eric Morris, who joined the staff as receivers coach/co-offensive coordinator and Mike Smith as co-defensive coordinator. He also brought in Matt Wallerstedt from Texas A&M as the Defensive Coordinator.

Last edited by RaiderAid89; 03-10-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #34
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Old 03-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #35
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Cumbie Signs Three Year Extension
Lubbock, Texas- After one of the best seasons ever for the Texas Tech Red Raiders, AD Kirby Hocutt announced that Head Coach Sonny Cumbie was getting his initial two year contract extended an extra three years.

According to sources in the Athletic Department the extension will give Cumbie a $350,000 raise each season on top of his initial two year $3M deal. Incentives are included in the contract for certain milestone achievements such each BIG XII title, Top 5 in Offense, Top 25 in Defense, National Championship appearance, and National Championship title.

The extension comes after it was rumored that multiple teams were interested in the services of Cumbie. AD Kirby Hocutt was asked about whehter the extension was justified after only one season and had this to say,
Quote:
Sonny is the right fit for this team, and I wanted to ensure he would be around for the future.
When asked whether Sonny Cumbie felt this extension would add any pressure to succeed right away Cumbie said,
Quote:
Whatever pressure I feel, it is pressure that I apply to myself. I know what it takes to win here, so I think we will compete with the top programs for years to come.
Before finishing the press conference, Cumbie was asked whether he thought it would be difficult to stay in Lubbock if offered by bigger name programs and had this to say,
Quote:
I love this place, this is home for me. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #36
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Old 03-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #37
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

1st Round NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #38
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Old 03-10-2015, 05:36 PM   #39
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #40
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Texas Tech Black Team Outshines White in BLACK/WHITE GAME

Lubbock, Texas-The Spring Game Setup this year was a little different under Coach Cumbie as he split the squad up into Black and White Teams. The number 1's on offense would be the offense for the white team, while the 2's would be the offense for the black. The defense was split by putting the 1's on the Black team and the 2's on the white.

Sophomore Quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been pushing Incumbent starter Davis Webb for the Starting position all offseason and was able to help the Black team to victory in the annual Spring Game. Mahomes was able to complete 62% of his passes on the 24 snaps he received in the spring game. Starter Davis Webb only complete 56%. While Coach Cumbie was disappointed in the starters, he was optimistic about the 2's and 3's.

Quote:
Yeah, Mahomes, and Testaverde both showed flashes of good things. Justin Stockton has been asking to play Linebacker so he can get on the field, so Coach Wally gave him a shot this spring. So far he has done a great job of preparing and will absolutely be competing with Mack for the Will position.
While the starting offense was struggling, the 1's on Defense were playing out of their minds, as they lead the way to the black team's win. The Black team defense forced 3 turnovers while the White defense was unable to produce any.
Quote:
Awe has had an incredible spring, and offseason as a whole. He comes in everyday and does exactly what the coaching staff has asked him to do. He is definitely a leader in the locker room for us.
After the game, fans were invited to stick around and get any memorabilia signed by the players and coaches that they had with them while also being encouraged to take any pictures they wanted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »