Home

Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #121
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

Another great layout! Congratualtions on the Apple Cup victory over Wazzu!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #122

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Very nice win over State. What a dominating performance on both sides of the ball and a great confidence builder for the team. That rushing attack looked hot! 300+ yards! And your pass defense, I would have never predicted a performance that dominating. Hopefully you can carry this momentum into the next game!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 08-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #123
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Another great layout! Congratualtions on the Apple Cup victory over Wazzu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Very nice win over State. What a dominating performance on both sides of the ball and a great confidence builder for the team. That rushing attack looked hot! 300+ yards! And your pass defense, I would have never predicted a performance that dominating. Hopefully you can carry this momentum into the next game!
Thanks guys, although it is helpful when a rival is as bad as Wazzu has been. Hopefully Leach (or whoever ends up coaching there) can get the Cougars turned around to provide some end-of-the-year competition.

Even though it wasn't against the toughest schools in the conference, it was nice to get back-to-back dominant wins to close out the regular season. The combined score of the last two games has been 72-13, and we outrushed OSU and WSU 515-2.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #124
Pro

WEEK FOURTEEN TOP NEWS
at #1/1 Alabama (11-0) 49, #21/19 Auburn (7-4) 46: A wild affair in Tuscaloosa saw these rivals combine for almost 1,200 yards of offense. Junior wide receivers were unstoppable all afternoon, as D'haquille Williams caught 13 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns for the Tigers while Amari Cooper hauled in 4 TDs on 13 receptions that totaled 222 yards for the Crimson Tide.
at Florida (4-7) 21, #2/2 Florida State (10-1) 7: In a monster upset, the Gators ended the 26-game winning streak of their rival FSU, holding their #1 ranked scoring offense to just seven points. Heisman Trophy frontrunner Jameis Winston never really got going (16/26, 163 yards, TD, INT) and even though the Florida passing game was subdued, they were able to run all over the 'Noles to the tune of 270 yards on 48 carries. This loss, coupled with their poor strength of schedule, probably eliminates any chance at a repeat National Championship for Florida State.
#5/5 TCU (11-0) 62, at #4/4 Baylor (10-1) 38: The Bears stayed close for the first half, but TCU ran away with an emphatic victory to claim the SWC title. This game was unquestionably highlighted by seven touchdown passes and 456 yards from junior Trevone Boykin.
at Ole Miss (8-3) 42, #7/7 Mississippi State (9-2) 41: The Bulldogs took advantage of four turnovers committed by Mississippi and built a 38-21 lead towards the end of the third quarter. Freshman Markell Pack sparked the Rebels, returning a punt 86 yards for a TD to close the period and trim the deficit to 10. Bo Wallace tossed a pair of touchdowns in the final quarter to lift Ole Miss to a surprising Egg Bowl victory.
#8/8 Clemson (10-1) 35, at #18/18 South Carolina (9-3) 32: USC scored 15 points in the final six and a half minutes to make this one look close, but it was all Clemson. Freshman Deshaun Watson threw for 233 yards and three scores and added 111 yards and another touchdown on the ground for the Tigers.
at Arizona (8-3) 42, #9/10 Arizona State (8-3) 40: RB Nick Wilson scored three times in the second half, lifting the Wildcats to a victory in the Territorial Cup. Fellow freshman Anu Solomon had three scoring strikes for Arizona as they were able to overcome nearly 600 yards of offense by the Sun Devils.
Texas A&M (5-6) 42, at #10/11 Missouri (9-2) 38: Freshman Kyle Allen directed the Aggie offense to 21 points in the final 8 minutes of the fourth quarter for a come-from-behind win. He finished the day 37-of-62 for 520 yards and five touchdown tosses. Many Mauk threw for 385 yards in a losing effort.
at #15/13 UCLA (9-2) 31, #12/12 USC (8-3) 24: Neither team led by more than seven points at any point in this see-saw affair in L.A. The Bruins were able to have some success running the ball, piling up 234 yards on 45 carries compared to just 84 on 24 from Southern Cal. RB Jordon James had 119 yards on the ground and two touchdowns, including the game-winner in the fourth quarter.
#22/22 Georgia (7-4) 37, at #24/24 Georgia Tech (8-3) 31: Senior Hutson Mason completed only 10-of-24 passes but three of them went for touchdowns, including the game-winner on a 19-yard slant to Reggie Davis with just fourteen seconds left. The Yellow Jacket defense was hurt by play-action passes due to the threat of Todd Gurley, who ran for 203 yards and a pair of TDs on 23 carries.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #125
Rookie

Gingerchops's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like the end of the season is bringing some real crazy games around the country. I was really interested to see how the TCU-Baylor game went, and was surprised TCU stomped them by so much. Looks like FSU's title shot took a bad hit with that loss, and it opened the door for Michigan State. It'll be interesting to see how the Ohio State-Mich State game goes next week!

And of course, nice job getting that huge rivalry win. No matter how the season goes, if there's one win you want to get in blowout fashion it's that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #126
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

You told me that you had some layouts set up, but I had no idea it was going to look this good. It really blends in seamlessly with your forum text so everything looks really clean. I am going back to school soon and will probably be limited in terms of how much I can play and post but I hope to start catching up on one dynasty a day from the student work area when I'm there, just as a little break from school work. I have skimmed through and love your setup. Have you consistently put in as much detail as you did at the beginning throughout this entire thing? It must be a heckuva lot of work but it looks stunning.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #127

Cheese2121's Arena

Ugh Virginia Tech losing to UVA. As a VT alum, that just makes my heart cry.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 08-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #128
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchops
Looks like the end of the season is bringing some real crazy games around the country. I was really interested to see how the TCU-Baylor game went, and was surprised TCU stomped them by so much. Looks like FSU's title shot took a bad hit with that loss, and it opened the door for Michigan State. It'll be interesting to see how the Ohio State-Mich State game goes next week!

And of course, nice job getting that huge rivalry win. No matter how the season goes, if there's one win you want to get in blowout fashion it's that one.
There were a number of interesting games this week, and all but two of the highlighted matchups were decided by one score! I'll do a bigger rundown in the Week 15 preview, but there are three unbeatens (Alabama, Michigan State, and TCU) and six teams with just one loss left right now.

We are happy to get the big win over WSU, but with the way they've fallen, it is kind of expected. Nowadays, more Husky fans are interested in defeating Oregon since they have grown into a national power and beaten UW 11 straight times by 17+ points. I'm sure you are used to that though, being down these in those parts. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
You told me that you had some layouts set up, but I had no idea it was going to look this good. It really blends in seamlessly with your forum text so everything looks really clean. I am going back to school soon and will probably be limited in terms of how much I can play and post but I hope to start catching up on one dynasty a day from the student work area when I'm there, just as a little break from school work. I have skimmed through and love your setup. Have you consistently put in as much detail as you did at the beginning throughout this entire thing? It must be a heckuva lot of work but it looks stunning.
I hear you Helli, time is the difficult thing to come by. It is a bit of work, but I also have some fun with it and it gives me a chance to get more immersed in the dynasty, so it doesn't really seem like work. I'm sure most of the others reporting know what I mean. Glad you like the layouts, I hope I didn't infringe too much by using some of your directions to make it my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Ugh Virginia Tech losing to UVA. As a VT alum, that just makes my heart cry.
The VA Tech season has gone similar to the past few years in real life... talented defense (7th overall in yards allowed) but struggling offense (74th in YPG) leading to a mediocre season. A few bright spots in 2014 have been freshman RB Marshawn Williams (around 120 rushing YPG), junior DE Dadi Nicholas (25 TFL, 6 sacks), and sophomore CB Kendall Fuller (5 INT). As of right now, they do have the #28 recruiting class though, including five four-star prospects, so hopefully things are looking up for the Hokies.

Last edited by mattrd39; 08-17-2015 at 04:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »