Home

Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #9
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

Damn this looks good. I'm definitely in, I love the real recruits aspect. Wish I'd thought of that for my dynasty.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
I hope it's okay to post bro, but this is awesome work! You have a follower in me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Damn this looks good. I'm definitely in, I love the real recruits aspect. Wish I'd thought of that for my dynasty.
Certainly fine to post, thanks to both of you guys, I have enjoyed your work as well.

Part of the reason I can lose interest in a dynasty as it goes on is that the names and recruits just become so generic, hopefully having a bunch of real players coming in each year to try to bring to UW or play against keeps me more involved. I made about the top 500 in the class of 2015 and am working on around the same amount for 2016.

If you are interested in adding the "real" recruiting class to a future dynasty, check out that link in the first post.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrd39
Certainly fine to post, thanks to both of you guys, I have enjoyed your work as well.

Part of the reason I can lose interest in a dynasty as it goes on is that the names and recruits just become so generic, hopefully having a bunch of real players coming in each year to try to bring to UW or play against keeps me more involved. I made about the top 500 in the class of 2015 and am working on around the same amount for 2016.

If you are interested in adding the "real" recruiting class to a future dynasty, check out that link in the first post.
That's a problem I've had with the generic names. With the editor, I've been able to go through and come up with obscure names and diversify the name pool, so to speak. Definitely a lot more fun. Good luck!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #12
Pro

WEEK TWO TOP NEWS
#1/1 Florida State 63, at #21/21 Texas A&M 24: The 'Noles announce they are back and fully intend to repeat as National Champions.

#9/9 South Carolina 51, at #22/20 Georgia 50: The Bulldogs drop to 0-2 on the year, with both their losses to ranked foes by a total of four points.

Toledo 41, at #23/22 Nebraska 28: The Rockets were not intimidated by the Sea of Red in Lincoln, defeating the Cornhuskers and getting a big win for the MAC.

at #16/24 Mississippi State 42, Florida 35: Dak Prescott accounted for four scores as the Bulldogs move to 2-0 in SEC play.

The first recruiting update of the year, and not surprisingly, the SEC continues to dominate. They garnered six of the seven early commitments, including players from Pac-10 (California) and SWC (Texas) territories. Georgia's early 0-2 start has not scared off the elite high school players, as they pick up a five-star athlete in Terry Godwin (likely to play WR or DB) and a pair of four-star defenders.

Last edited by mattrd39; 06-20-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:09 PM   #13
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

nice job getting that season opening win. I love your layout bro, may I ask what you use to make it?
Old 06-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #14
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Lovely layout, will be following this one for sure
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
nice job getting that season opening win. I love your layout bro, may I ask what you use to make it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
Lovely layout, will be following this one for sure
Thanks for the compliments guys. I just followed some instructions from Hellisan, created my templates in Excel, copied them into PhotoFiltre 7, and uploaded to Imgur.

Hopefully they seem organized... I want to provide as much information as possible without being too wordy. I know when I read dynasty reports, I like being able to get an idea of what is going on nationally and see how some of my favorite teams or players are doing, so wanted to have all the scores/standings/stats available without making it a novel to get through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #16
Pro

WEEK THREE PREVIEW
Biggest news: Mississippi State continues their climb up the rankings after topping Florida. Following wins over UGA and UF, they have gone from unranked in the preseason to #13 in the AP and #20 in the Coaches poll.

Top games:
Boise State at #3/3 Oregon: The Broncos fell at home against Pac-10 squad UCLA earlier this year, can they pull off a big upset at Autzen vs. the Ducks and avoid dropping to 0-2 against some of the top teams on the west coast?

#13/20 Mississippi State at #6/6 Auburn: The Bulldogs have been the surprise team so far in 2014, can they continue their run against the biggest surprise in 2013, Gus Malzahn's Auburn Tigers? Both teams come in 2-0 and the winner might be the biggest threat to Alabama and LSU in the SEC race.

#10/9 Michigan State at #18/15 Clemson: The Spartans travel to Death Valley to take on the Tigers, in a rare match-up pitting two of the top teams from the Big Ten and ACC. Clemson will be without MLB Stephone Anthony due to an ankle injury suffered last week in a win over Navy.

#21/19 Kansas State at #25/NR Oregon State: Bill Snyder and the Wildcats travel to the pacific northwest looking for a big non-conference win before heading into Big 8 play.

No movement on the Heisman charts this week. As you can see, all of the top contenders for the award had big games in week two. If Georgia (0-2) continues their struggles, Todd Gurley could be the first to drop, despite averaging almost 190 ypg on the ground.

HUSKY PREVIEW
Our toughest non-conference test this year is a trip to Waco to face the Bears. UW was excellent against the run last week but struggled against the pass, which could spell trouble against Bryce Petty and his fleet of receivers. Hopefully the return of Cyler Miles from suspension gives the offense a boost, as I am sure we will need more than the 26 points scored against Illinois. Backup QB Jeff Lindquist, who started the opener, was injured in practice and will be unavailable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »