Home

Welcome to Tiger Land A Grambling State Football Dynasty(NCAA 07 PS2)

This is a discussion on Welcome to Tiger Land A Grambling State Football Dynasty(NCAA 07 PS2) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #73
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Welcome to Tiger Land A Grambling State Football Dynasty(NCAA 07 PS2)

Week 8
Grambling, LA: Homecoming week for the Grambling Tigers as they hosted South Carolina State in a battle of the two best teams in the MAC. The Bulldogs would come into Robinson Stadium and put a hurt on the Tigers. The Bulldogs just wanted it more than the Tigers in every aspect of the game. In the first half they ran the ball at will against the Tigers while their Defense shut down the Tigers Offense. South Carolina St RB Andrews had 100yds rushing before the half but it was RB Rush who would always find the endzone for the Bulldogs. Grambling turned the ball over 8 times on the day as they could not get the running game going as South Carolina St dominated the trenches. QB Collins threw 5 INTs on the day. The Tigers did try to make it close in the 2nd Half on two big Touchdown passes to Huff and Casey but to no avail as the Bulldogs just continued to pound the rock. The Bulldogs hand the Tigers their first lose in conference play so far this year.

South Carolina State Bulldogs at Grambling State Tigers
Oct 20, 20071ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
South Carolina State Bulldogs (6-2)7701731
Grambling State Tigers (4-4)007714
South Carolina State Bulldogs
Grambling State Tigers

Players of the Game
C. Rush(SCSU): 5car, 43yds, 3TD, 2rec, 32yds, TD
D. Williams(GSU): 16Tkls(4TFL), sack, 2FF

Quote:
Coach Roman Today was just not our day. I have to give credit to the Bulldogs they came in and shut us down. We had too many mistakes and when you have as many mistakes as we did today you don't deserve to win. We have to regroup and hopefully we will see them again in the MAC Championship.

Up Next
The Tigers will host 3-4 Army. Can the Tigers get things back on track or will they still be feeling the effects of the South Carolina St game?
Old 12-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #74
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Houston @ Hampton
Houston 45 Hampton 7

NC A&T @ Alcorn St
NC A&T 28 ASU 21

Alabama A&M @ Howard
AAMU 7 HU 35

Bethune-Cookman @ Army
BCU 7 Army 42

Jackson St @ Florida A&M
JSU 31 FAMU 20
Old 12-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #75
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Rece: Rece Davis here with Mark May for the first release of the 2007 BCS Standings. Mark it's time revile the rankings.

NCAA Football Rankings - BCS Rankings - Updated: Oct 24, 2007
RKTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
1Cal70
2USC70
3Notre Dame70
4Oklahoma61
5South Carolina80
6Florida St80
7Aubrun80
8Penn St51
9Nebraska61
10Texas61
11Ohio St61
12West Virgina71
13Miami71
14Colorado St70
15Michigan St61
16Iowa52
17Louisville62
18San Diego St70
19Clemson61
20Va Tech62
21Florida62
22Oregon42
23Oregon St42
24Utah62
25Alabama52

Rece: Mark 6 of the top 10 teams are undefeated so far on the season. Penn St who had been a tear lost last week to Ohio St. The PAC10 owns the top 2 spots now.

Mark: Rece it's still early in the season as teams are just now really getting into conference play so things can be shaken up very quickly on a weekly basis. To me, I look at teams like Colorado St and San Diego St out of the Mountain West. Both have already beaten #24 Utah while they both still have to play an undefeated TCU team that right on the outside of the Top25 and play each other. Our BCS buster this year could very well come out of the MWC.

Rece: Good points there Mark. Question I have is can Cal repeat as National Champions? They don't have to play USC until week 12. While USC still has to play @ #23 Oregon, vs #22 Oregon St and @ #1 Cal in consecitive weeks.

Mark: I really think Cal can return to the BCS Championship game. As far as repeating I can't say lots of things can happen between now and then.

Rece: Thanks for joining us today be sure to catch us next time on BCS Countdown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #76
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Tom: Tom Luginbill here with your Grambling St Tigers recruiting update. As we all know the Tigers had 4 recruits in on their official visit last week during Homecoming. After the game 3 of those guys committed to playing for Coach Roman and the Tigers.

3* Center Ross Brewer: Ross the number 6 ranked Center out of Franklin Parish High School in Winnsboro, LA. He picked the Tigers over Texas and Tennessee. Ross is 6'3 and 325lbs and has the following Attribute: Field Awareness: A-, Vertical 26.2", Bench: 500, Squat: 600, Potential/Discipline: Average/Poor

Quote:
Ross Brewer I knew I wanted to stay close to home. Grambling has always appealed to be being a little over an hour away from my house. When they made the move up to FBS I really started to look at them a lot more. I just like the way things are going there and I can see myself playing there for the next 4 years
3* FS Paul Green: Paul is a big get for the Tigers out of Zachary High in Zachary, LA a suburb of Baton Rouge. He is an All-Metro selection as well as a 2nd Team 5A All State guy. Paul is 6'1, 190lbs ranked the 5th best FS in the country. With the Tigers in need of Free Safeties Paul knew he could see the field early. Paul's Attributes are: 40: 4.48, Field Awareness: C-, Vertical: 40.4", Hands: A+, Bench: 285, Squat: 470, Potential/Discipline: Poor/Average

Quote:
Paul Green A lot of people think I picked Grambling because of the chance to see the field early. For me that was not the case. For me it was the relationship I had with the coaching staff. They made me feel right at home. The players in the secondary also made me feel like part of the family. After getting to know Harris and Mann I couldn't see myself playing along side anyone else.
3* DT Tyrone Alvarez A product out of Westlake High in Westlake, LA. Tyrone is a All-district selection and All-Metro player. He is the #11 ranked DT in the country he comes in at 6'3, 280lbs. His Attributes are: 40: 5.16, Field Awareness: B, Vertical 28.6", Bench: 455, Squat: 640, Potential/Discipline: Poor/Good

Quote:
Tryone Alvarez I wanted to go to a place were I could possible play early. With the guys along the Grambling front 4 at my position I should be able to compete for a starting job. Coach Roman told me for me to start as a True Freshman I would have to come put work in everyday. The Defensive line as been able to make plays since Coach Roman has been there I just hope to add to the bar those guys have started to set at Grambling.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 AM   #77
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Week 9
Grambling, LA: It was a rain filled day as the Tigers hosted the Army Black Knights. The game would start off good for Grambling as they would go up 7-0 in the 1st Quarter. Then QB Brandon Landers would get knocked out of the game with a chest injury. From then on it was the Black Knight show as Army posted 35 points in the 2nd Quarter alone. Grambling would answer with two TDs of their own one a 75yd strike to Casey who would have a career day. Grambling would try to make it a game in the 2nd half as Collins hit Casey on a slant route that he took 99yds to the house as Grambling was just trying to give their punter a little extra room. Despite posting 14 points in the 3rd Quarter while holding Army scoreless it wouldn't be enough for the Tigers today. The Black Knights pulled away in the 4th Quarter by scoring 21 unanswered points to end the game. Grambling has now lost 2 straight games in front of the home crowd.
Army Black Knights at Grambling State Tigers
Oct 27, 20071ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Army Black Knights (4-4)03502156
Grambling State Tigers (4-5)71414035
Army Black Knights
Grambling State Tigers

Players of the Game
B Bain(Army): 30-39, 375yds, 5TD
B. Casey(GSU): 9 rec, 315yds, 3TD

Quote:
Coach Roman: We played our hearts out today. Our kids never gave up. Things seemed to change for a while when Landers went down but we found something with Collins to Casey. Our Defense played well we just couldn't get enough pressure on their QB which allowed their speed to show against our secondary. Hopefully we can give the home crowd a win next which we haven't been able to do the last two weeks.

Up Next
The Tigers host 1-7 Alcorn State out of the MAC West Division. Can the Tigers keep the Braves towards the bottom of the MAC standings or will the Braves push the Tigers losing streak to 3 games?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:56 AM   #78
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Alabama A&M @ Southern
AAMU 45 SU 35

Bethune-Cookman @ Florida A&M "Florida Classic"
BCU 27 FAMU 17

NC A&T @ Howard
NC A&T 21 HU 14

S. Carolina St @ Hampton
SCSU 30 HU 6

Alabama St @ Jackson St
ASU 31 JSU 12
Old 12-15-2015, 08:12 AM   #79
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Rece: Welcome to week 10 edition of BCS Countdown. I'm your host Rece Davis here along with Mark May. Let's take a look at our updated BCS Rankings.

NCAA Football Rankings - BCS Rankings - Updated: Nov 1, 2007
RKTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
1Cal 80
2USC70
3S. Carolina90
4Notre Dame80
5Oklahoma71
6Florida St90
7Penn St61
8Texas71
9Ohio St71
10Miami81
11West Va71
12Colorado St80
13Michigan St71
14Auburn81
15Nebraska62
16Iowa62
17Florida72
18San Diego St80
19Clemson71
20Louisville62
21Va Tech72
22Oregon52
23Oregon St52
24Alabama62
25Utah62

Mark: Rece first thing is first. You can see that Auburn and Nebraska have fallen in the rankings after taking loses.

Rece: Mark we may have had some teams fall but look right on the outside of the Top10 you will see Colorado St is still making a push with their undefeated record.

Mark: Your right Rece the Mountain West is making a strong push to be the BCS buster conference this year with Colorado St and San Diego St. Until next time I'm Rece Davis with Mark May enjoy your evening.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #80
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Tom: Tom Luginbill here with some breaking recruiting news out of Grambling State. The Tigers have picked up another In-Season Recruit. Cornerback Adam Owens. Who picked Grambling over Tennesse and Miami. Let's break down this young mans measurables.

CB Adam Owens: A 3* Corner out of Louisiana 1A power Haynesville in Haynesville, LA. Adam has helped lead his team to another state championship while also being an 1st Team All State selection in 1A. He is 6'0 180lbs with a 4.41 40 time, Field Awareness: C+, Vertical: 40.4, Hands: C+, Bench: 215, Squat: 350, Potential/Discipline: Poor/Average.

Quote:
Adam Owens: It feels great to get the process over with. I was on my official visit there two weeks ago when they played South Carolina St. Even though they didn't win the atmosphere was electric. I was also looking for a place that I could possibly play early. That place just happens to be less an hour away from home. Nothing against programs like Tennessee and Miami, but I wan't to help turn one of my home state teams into winners. That is something I can see at Grambling them winning MAC championships and moving up the college ranks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »