Home

I'm Not Pacman | The Career of Adam Jones

This is a discussion on I'm Not Pacman | The Career of Adam Jones within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #17
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I'm Not Pacman | The Career of Adam Jones

PreseasonG3.jpg

All caught up.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:14 PM   #18
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

September 1, 2015

Tick. Tick. Tick.

There's nothing like a good night's sleep, and what I had was nothing like a good night's sleep. Today is cut day: 8 players from the 83 the Panthers have carried until now are going to be out of work by 4 pm today. I could be one of them easily. I'm a seventh round pick who got burned for a 50 yard touchdown against the Patriots. I'm a seventh round pick at a position of strength on one of the better defenses in the league.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Then again, the coaches have me playing a lot on special teams. I've returned some kicks and punts, taking touches away from Ted Ginn [Jr.], and I've had a few tackles as a gunner on punts and kickoffs. I wouldn't mind playing special teams only, especially as a 7th round pick out of a small FCS school on a good defensive team.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It's 11 o'clock. Why haven't they called? Do they still want me? Or have they just not gotten to the defensive cuts yet? Are they going to keep me? There are only 5 hours to go.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It's 1 o'clock pm. Yesterday, I told my friends and family not to call me today. If they need me, email me or text me. I don't want to have to worry about a phone call from my mom scaring me to death at two pm. I've gotten a few inquiring texts so far, from friends, all asking the same question. The answer's been the same each time: "Nope, haven't heard anything."

Tick. Tick. Tick.

3 o'clock. Nothing yet. What will I do if I get cut? I'm not sure. I have a degree—political science—but who would want a 22 year old with only an undergrad degree and no experience in the field? The Panthers haven't called yet. I can't really focus on anything right now. I can barely even focus on sitting down. Still plenty of time for them to call, for my football career to lose stability. Have I proved enough during the three games so far? Do I need to prove more, so they're holding on to me to try and see that in the fourth preseason game?

I just want this hour to be over.

BY JOSEPH PERSON AND JONATHAN JONES
[email protected]
[email protected]

The Panthers' first round of cuts claimed cornerback Melvin White, a former starter who indicated on Twitter on Tuesday morning that he'd been cut.

White, undrafted out of Louisiana-Lafayette in 2013, started 17 games in two seasons and was in the starting lineup for the playoff loss to San Francisco as a rookie.

The Panthers also cut wide receiver Jarrett Boykin and safety Robert Lester, according to league sources.

Boykin, a Charlotte native and former Packers wideout, had a team-leading nine catches in three exhibition games but was inconsistent throughout the preseason.

Lester started several games in 2013 but spent most of last season on the practice squad.

General manager Dave Gettleman declined to comment on any roster moves, saying they had not been finalized.

The team has until 4 p.m. Tuesday to get to 75 players. The final 53-man roster must be set by Saturday.

White had a couple of big plays in key games. He intercepted Matt Ryan and returned it for a touchdown in the division-clinching win in Atlanta two years ago, and forced Ted Ginn to fumble on a kickoff return deep in Arizona territory in the Panthers' playoff win in January.

But the emergence of Josh Norman and Bene’ Benwikere last season and the addition of veteran Charles Tillman pushed White to the back of the rotation. He was competing with seventh round draft pick Adam Jones for one of the last cornerback spots, but Jones’ special teams skills gave him an edge.

White's release means the Panthers have turned over three-fourths of the secondary that started six of the first seven games last season. Cornerback Antoine Cason was cut in December, while safety Thomas DeCoud was let go shortly after the season.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...#storylink=cpy

NB: Again, that is an article not written by me, though, if you read it closely, you'll see that I've edited it slightly.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Wohoo, no cut on the first day. Loved that little write up - and could really feel the sense of nervous anticipation. Digging this a lot, I completely forgot the name of your character lol - then I read the OP again

Keep it up!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:49 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is really good! I'm enjoying the read and the fact that you started out with my Panthers makes that all the more enjoyable. Can't wait to see what happens.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Wohoo, no cut on the first day. Loved that little write up - and could really feel the sense of nervous anticipation. Digging this a lot, I completely forgot the name of your character lol - then I read the OP again

Keep it up!
I tried to write that as more of a reflection of the stream of thoughts a person in that scenario would have. Not sure how you forgot lol—it's only in the title, haha. Thanks for the compliment and checking back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnostate
This is really good! I'm enjoying the read and the fact that you started out with my Panthers makes that all the more enjoyable. Can't wait to see what happens.
Thanks! I hope to be done with preseason after 2-3 more updates, and then on to the regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #22
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

I was nervous reading the post. Really enjoying what you've got going on here.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #23
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

PreseasonG4.jpg

Had I not gotten that pick (a jump ball that I flat-out won), I would have had a heck of a story, because I allowed that 61-yard TD, lol.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #24
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

this is really good so far, very tough to play as a cb in madden in my experience. following

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »