Home

Enter Sandman: Return of the Hokies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Enter Sandman: Return of the Hokies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #25
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Enter Sandman: Return of the Hokies (NCAA 14)

Cardinals Down Hokies

Fisher's interception helped the scoreline. The VT offense struggled all day.

Box Score

Virginia Tech Hokies at Louisville Cardinals
Sep 10, 20151234F
VT (0-2)777324
LOU (2-0)7160831
Top Performers
PASS: Will Gardner - 26/34, 334 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
RUSH: Brandon Radcliff - 18 carries, 101 yards, TD
REC: Jaquay Savage - 9 receptions, 126 yards
Team Stats Comparison
VTLOU
First Downs1619
3rd Down Efficiency4-113-8
4th Down Efficiency0-20-1
Total Yards407515
Passing Yards170334
Rushing Yards118106
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-01-5
Turnovers12
Time of Possession16:4115:19
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGVTLOU
3:40(VT) TD VT: Fisher, INT returned 90 yards70
1:44(LOU) TD UL: Standberry, 13 yard reception77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGVTLOU
7:13(LOU) TD UL: Radcliff, 1 yard run714
5:08(VT) TD VT: Philips, 16 yard reception1414
2:45(LOU) TD UL: Staples, 26 yard reception1421
1:17(LOU) Safety UL1423
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGVTLOU
2:43(VT) TD VT: Motley, 8 yard run2123
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGVTLOU
6:19(VT) FG VT: Slye, 35 yard FG2423
4:38(LOU) TD UL: Towbridge, 21 yard reception (2 pt good)2431
Virginia Tech Hokies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Brewer8/139411
Motley6/127600
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Coleman14745.20
Williams8344.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Philips710014.21
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Riley10010
Reavis6000
Fisher2011
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
Slye1/13/3635
PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
Hughes258290
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Coleman496240
Fuller123230
Louisville Cardinals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Gardner26/3433432
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Radcliff181015.61
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Savage9126140
Towbridge56412.81
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Williams10000
Vatuvei6200
Parnell5010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
Wallace0/13/33-
PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
Appleby284422
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Houchins36521.60
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Houchins110100

LOUISVILLE, KY --- The Louisville Cardinals managed to hang on and defeat Virginia Tech on Thursday night. Despite being outgained by 152 yards on offense, Virginia Tech was able to keep the game within one score. The Hokies even led with five minutes to play in the game. But with the home crowd at their back Louisville was able to put together a drive to reclaim the lead with just over four and a half minutes to play. That score ended up being enough to seal a Cardinal victory.

The Virginia Tech offense struggled to move the ball for the majority of the game. Had the defense not created a touchdown the game probably would have been out of reach in the fourth quarter. For the second game in a row Michael Brewer went down with an injury. After the game coach Beamer said that the coaching staff was going to open up the quarterback competition this week and allow Brenden Motley the opportunity to claim the starting job. "I love Michael. He's a great kid, and he's a good quarterback. But these injuries are hurting the offense as a whole. We're having to adjust to a new QB halfway through a game, and that effects everyone," Beamer said. If Brewer has a great week of practice and stays healthy I see no reason why he won't remain the starter, but the Hokie offense is clearly in need of some help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #26
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Another tough loss. You boys need a rebound, and quick.

I friggin hate Louisville, btw. No good reason, but I hate seeing them win. Ever.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-16-2016, 05:51 AM   #27

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

As SilverBullet was saying, another tough loss. The offense has got to get kick started or this could quickly turn into a very long season. Good luck!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 01-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #28
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Not the result we wanted. Don't know what to do at QB. Brewer keeps getting hurt and it's just annoying. Defense was awful this week. Have to be better on that side of the ball.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #29
Rookie

VA Tech going 0-2 overall (0-1 in ACC) in 2016 is what happens when you place restrictions on your Dynasties in NCAA Football 14. I place no such restrictions on any of my Dynasties but instead focus on continually changing the overall College Football landscape through a nifty little feature CUSTOM CONFERENCING

The potential & possibilites of what can happen by deploying Custom Conferenccing ARE BOUNDLESS & ENDLESS !!!

Umm BTW - Not to add insult to injury here but you've accrued MORE losses IN TWO WEEKS in 2016 with YOUR Hokies Dynasty than MINE did ALL YEAR when MY Hokies team (Coached by the man named after my brother who lives in the area but has no association with the school ) WON IT ALL (As in the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP). My Hokies team beat Nebraska in OT for that honor

Each of my 4 Dynasties (Including the Hokies Dynasties) are now in the 2019 Season

Just my opinion (And $.02 worth )

Cheers

Bach Patu

Last edited by Bach Patu; 01-25-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #30
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach Patu
VA Tech going 0-2 overall (0-1 in ACC) in 2016 is what happens when you place restrictions on your Dynasties in NCAA Football 14. I place no such restrictions on any of my Dynasties but instead focus on continually changing the overall College Football landscape through a nifty little feature CUSTOM CONFERENCING

The potential & possibilites of what can happen by deploying Custom Conferenccing ARE BOUNDLESS & ENDLESS !!!

Umm BTW - Not to add insult to injury here but you've accrued MORE losses IN TWO WEEKS in 2016 with YOUR Hokies Dynasty than MINE did ALL YEAR when MY Hokies team (Coached by the man named after my brother who lives in the area but has no association with the school ) WON IT ALL (As in the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP). My Hokies team beat Nebraska in OT for that honor

Each of my 4 Dynasties (Including the Hokies Dynasties) are now in the 2019 Season

Cheers

Bach Patu
We put in our own restrictions to make it challenging. Custom conferences do very little when recruiting is so easy that I can steamroll through Alabama and top teams by my 3rd season.

I used to do it your way too though. It was too east and lost its luster quickly. My created team that was a 50 overall was an 85 or so by year 3 and I was beating every ranked opponent.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #31
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach Patu

Cheers

Bach Patu

If I played without restrictions, sliders, etc... I'd go 14-0 and win the national championship with Georgia State because that's how good I am at this game... Realistically, Virginia Tech has gone 7-6, 7-6, 8-5 over the past three seasons. They have talent, but not the kind of talent that allows them to go undefeated. Video games aren't fun if you win EVERY time.

Just my $.02 worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #32
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
If I played without restrictions, sliders, etc... I'd go 14-0 and win the national championship with Georgia State because that's how good I am at this game... Realistically, Virginia Tech has gone 7-6, 7-6, 8-5 over the past three seasons. They have talent, but not the kind of talent that allows them to go undefeated. Video games aren't fun if you win EVERY time.

Just my $.02 worth.
Not to be a jerk...but it seems like he came on just to brag, right? I'm with you, its gotta be realistic.

Back when I first started in NCAA 03, I would get pissed if I lost a game. Hell, I'd get pissed if I didn't blow out everyone, even if I was playing the #1 team in the nation. I'd cheese it and play on varsity, beating the best teams by 50 points. It was fun.

Then I grew up, and that got really old. I've quit dynasties because my team became too good too fast, because it got boring. Last time I did Sonoma State I was ranked #10 in my second year and ranked in the preseason of my third year. It wasn't realistic or fun, so I quit. Now it took me till week 12 of my third year to break in at #25.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »