Home

Alternate Reality: A Chicago Bears Franchise

This is a discussion on Alternate Reality: A Chicago Bears Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #17
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Alternate Reality: A Chicago Bears Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynasticJumper
Oh my lord. The rams hahahahaha.
Yeah Warner really choked there at the end lol. It seems for the time being the Rams will not be remembered as the Greatest Show On Turf, but we will see if they can get that Super Bowl ring. Meanwhile, maybe the Bills could've won the Super Bowl irl in '99 had they stuck with Doug Flutie in the playoffs. Probably not, but who knows lol.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #18
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

1999 NFL Honors

MVP

Troy Aikman, Cowboys

Coach Of The Year

Chan Gailey, Cowboys

AFC Awards

OPOY/Best QB: Peyton Manning, Colts

DPOY/Best LB: Greg Biekert, Raiders

OROY: Edgerrin James, Colts

DROY: Wali Ranier, Browns

Best HB: Curtis Martin, Jets

Best WR: Keenan McCardell, Jaguars

Best OL: Tony Boselli, Jaguars

Best DL: Michael McCrary, Ravens

Best DB: James Hasty, Chiefs

Best K: Michael Husted, Raiders

NFC Awards

OPOY/Best HB Emmitt Smith, Cowboys (Set Rushing Record With 2,107 yds

DPOY/Best LB: Derrick Brooks, Buccaneers

OROY: Donovan McNabb, Eagles

DROY: Joe Wesley, 49ers

Best QB: Kurt Warner, Rams

Best WR: Issac Bruce, Rams

Best OL: Larry Allen, Cowboys

Best DL: Simeon Rice, Cardinals

Best DB: Chris Canty, Seahawks

Best K: Todd Peterson, Seahawks

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 07-26-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #19
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

2000 NFL Draft Top 20 Prospects

By: Mel Kiper, ESPN

Since the Super Bowl is over and we are just a week before the NFL Combine, here's a look at my top 20 prospects so far in this draft. This class appears to be weak at quarterback of course after the stacked 1999 class as well as cornerback. Currently I see 5 elite prospects in this class, 2 from Florida State, 2 from Penn State, and a franchise quarterback from Marshall.

1. Marcus Gardner DT/Florida State
2. Raiyel Hadley WR/Florida State
3. Seantrel Pierce DE/Penn State
4. Langford Jackson LB/Penn State
5. Nash Vaughn QB/Marshall
6. Michael Finch WR/Michigan State
7. Joey Crosby WR/Florida
8. Malcolm Boyd T/Alabama
9. Shedrick French HB/Wisconsin
10. Derek Boswell LB/New Mexico
11. Dontae Brown HB/Alabama
12. Antwan Coleman TE/Miami (FL)
13. Michael Roach LB/Syracuse
14. Taylor Ayers T/Oklahoma
15. Gabe Barnes LB/Michigan State
16. JeVante Burton WR/Arizona
17. Matt Jose G/USC
18. Malik Blake DE/South Carolina
19. Lamar Cobb HB/Tennessee
20. Farrington Lucas CB/California
Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #20
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Notable NFL Free Agent Signings

Falcons sign DE Tony Brackens
Giants sign WR Darnay Scott
Dolphins sign QB Jeff George
Steelers sign QB Jay Fielder
Cardinals sign HB James Stewart
Chiefs sign HB Priest Holmes

Notable Trades

Jets-Redskins

Jets Receive: QB Brad Johnson (was injured entire year with broken hip, replaced by Rodney Peete)

Redskins Receive: 2000 Pick 24 (NE Pick), 2000 Pick 82, 2001 conditional 2nd rounder

Jets-Patriots

Jets Receive: 2000 Pick 24, 2001 4th rounder, 2001 5th rounder

Patriots Receive: Bill Belichick

Bills-Saints

Bills Receive: 2000 Pick 41, 2000 Pick 73, 2001 2nd Rounder

Saints Receive: QB Rob Johnson

Notable NFL Retirements

Dolphins QB Dan Marino
49ers QB Steve Young
49ers WR Jerry Rice
Chiefs QB Warren Moon
Chiefs LB Derrick Thomas
Vikings WR Cris Carter

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 07-06-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #21
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

2000 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 | Mel Kiper Jr.

The draft is a day away now, and while I have been making plenty of big boards this will be my only mock draft. The Houston Texans, the first 0-16 team in NFL history, have already signed DT Marcus Gardner from Florida State, the consensus #1 player in this draft and many people expect his teammate Raiyel Hadley to go #2 to the Bengals. I believe this draft starts with the Eagles at #3 who have a variety of options and it'll be interesting to see where they go. Anyways lets get right into it!

1. Texans: Marcus Gardner DT/Florida State

This selection has already been confirmed, and I do believe Gardner is the best player in this class and he will start day 1. However, the Texans have so many holes already that I feel they should've traded down and accumulated picks.

2. Bengals: Raiyel Hadley WR/Florida State

Back to back Seminoles go to start the draft as I believe Hadley is the safest pick in this draft. He's the most elusive player I've ever seen, and after losing Darnay Scott in free agency the Bengals need to find someone else for 2nd year man Akili Smith to throw to.

3. Eagles: Seantrel Pierce DE/Penn State

This is really where the draft gets interesting. The Eagles can go a number of ways, and I have them taking the pass rusher Pierce from Penn State. Pierce is an athletic freak, as he dominated the combine and the Big 10 for that matter, winning Defensive Player of the year in that conference. He has been #3 on my big board pretty much the whole year, and I think he will be a top flight pass rusher in the years to come.

4. Giants: Shedrick French HB/Wisconsin

While the Giants could surprise and take Nash Vaughn from Marshall to mess with the Redskins, I think they will stick with Kerry Collins and instead apply some pressure on Tiki Barber to play better with Shedrick French. French, the 1999 Heisman winner is universally regarded as the best HB in this class and I don't think this is too early to take him.

5. Bears: Farrington Lucas CB/California

Do you want to know why the Bears lost 10 straight games last year? They had zero secondary whatsoever and they got torched week in and week out. I think da Bears will reach for a need here, which I normally wouldn't recommend but since the need is so glaring and Lucas has major upside with elite speed, this should be the move here.

6. Buccaneers (via Chargers): Michael Finch WR/Michigan State

The Bucs got this pick from the Chargers via the Mikhael Ricks trade back in 1998, and they are quite happy they made that trade now. While Bert Emanuel and Jaquez Green are decent receivers, they could really use a big bodied #1 target for Trent Dilfer or Shaun King to throw to, and Finch fits the bill at 6'4", 231. While he does have some clown in him, Finch has the highest upside of any receiver in this class so I'd take my chanches with him.

7. Cardinals: Langford Jackson LB/Penn State

I believe that one of the two Penn State elite talents in Pierce or Jackson will fall, and I think Jackson is the most likely to fall. However, Jackson is quite the value here, and the Cardinals desperately need linebacker help across the board. The first team consensus All American in 1999 was a stud at Penn State and he would be a great fit with the Cardinals defense.

8. Browns: Joey Crosby WR/Florida

The Browns need help everywhere, but I believe they try to get 2nd year man Tim Couch some weapons to throw to, and Joey Crosby put up some great numbers at Florida.

9. Redskins (via Saints): Nash Vaughn QB/Marshall

This is the first of the Redskins record FOUR 1st round selections, and they cannot afford to pass up on their next franchise quarterback. The reason Washington opted to trade Brad Johnson is because they had an opportunity to draft Vaughn at pick 9 to develop behind Rodney Peete. Vaughn may not have the strongest arm, but he's one of the most accurate QB's I've ever scouted and he should be the future in Washington.

10. Ravens (via Falcons): Derek Greenwood WR/Jackson State

This may be a little rich for Greenwood to go, but I think he has top 10 potential. Greenwood has the height and elite speed after running a 4.32 40 time, and that combination is deadly. My one concern is while he did dominate at Jackson State, I mean it was Jackson State. Who knows if he has what it takes to make it into the NFL. The Ravens got this pick via a 1999 trade for a second round pick from the Falcons.

11. Packers: Antwan Coleman TE/Miami (FL)

Coleman may be the best TE I've ever scouted. He's just so good at everything, and he'd be a nice compliment to Mark Churma for Brett Favre.

12. Titans: Michael Roach LB/Syracuse

Roach is an interesting prospect. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure the NFL likes him as much as I do. However, I believe a few teams like him as much as I do and I think the Titans are one of them.

13. Steelers: Malcolm Boyd T/Alabama

Boyd is an interesting prospect as well. He's the best tackle prospect in this draft by far, and I do believe he will go ahead of his value, maybe even top 5. However in this I have him falling down to 13, and he would be a value for the Steelers at this point, who have nobody at left or right tackle.

14. Vikings: Rashawn Hill DT/Boston College

Hill was a stud at Boston College, and the Vikings would be very happy to add him to their horrible defensive line.

15. Broncos: Deandre Poole CB/Jackson State

Another Jackson State prospect goes in the top 15, but I think this is way too rich for Poole. Poole is a second round prospect on my board, but I think he will be overdrafted because of how weak the cornerback class is and the Broncos have nothing at corner right now.

16. Seahawks: Dontae Brown HB/Alabama

Ricky Watters isn't getting any younger......sorry Seattle fans but I think its time to look for his era parent in Dontae Brown.

17. Colts: AJ Jackson LB/BYU

The Colts have surrounded Peyton Manning with an abundance of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, now they need to look defense.

18. Jets: Kesnick Huval DE/Tennessee

The Jets could use another pass rusher, and Huval is a raw prospect with high upside.

19. 49ers: Gabe Barnes LB/Michigan State

Barnes may not be the most athletic guy out there, but he makes plays and the 49ers could use a leader on their linebacking core. I have him #7 on my big board, and if he falls here it'd be a great value for San Francisco.

20. Dolphins: Jackson Werner T/Wisconsin

The reason Shedrick French won the Heisman trophy is because Jackson Werner was bulldozing people out of the way. He's my #2 tackle prospect in this draft and this is perfect value for him.

21. Ravens: Lamar Cobb HB/Tennessee

After losing Priest Holmes in free agency, Erricht Richt isn't really much of a feature back, so I believe the Ravens take Cobb to be the main guy.

22. Lions: Taylor Ayers T/Oklahoma

The Lions have a gaping hole at both tackle spots, and here they can adress one of those spots to help keep Charlie Batch upright.

23. Redskins: Derek Boswell LB/New Mexico

While I do believe Boswell will be a very good player, I've been hearing around the league that his stock is falling and he may fall to this range. If so, the Redskins may get the steal of the 1st round here.

24. Redskins (via Patriots/Jets): Malik Blake DE/South Carolina

Another SEC pass rusher comes off the board, however if Washington takes Blake I believe they try to convert him to a 3-4 OLB.

25. Raiders: Rafael Vasquez WR/West Virginia

When James Jett is your #2 receiver, you have a problem. Vasquez should be able to draw attention away from Tim Brown and make an impact in his rookie year.

26. Chiefs: Jermarcus Blair WR/USC

While Blair is very talented, he has expressed a desire to go to New Orleans, who don't pick until the 4th round after the Rob Johnson trade. However, the Chiefs take lots of chances on character guys, so we'll see if this risk pays off.

27. Redskins (via Panthers): Jacolby Knight CB/Ohio State

This may be another reach for a cornerback, as I have Knight at 55 on my big board. However considering this is the Redskins' last 1st round pick I believe they take a risk on the Ohio State prospect.

28. Cowboys: JeVante Burton WR/Arizona

Besides Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman has nobody to throw the ball to right now. Despite exploring trades for a receiver, I believe Dallas will stay put and draft Burton, the small but relaible receiver from Arizona.

29. Buccaneers: Matt Jose G/USC

Tampa Bay's biggest weakness right now is their offensive line, and they will try to bolster that with this selection of Jose, a value at this point.

30. Jaguars: Dillon Young WR/Southern Miss

While Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell are top 10 receivers in the league, they aren't getting any younger.

31. Rams: Kyaunn Peterson HB/Miami (OH)

The Rams were roughly 20 yards away from kicking a game winning field goal and winning the Super Bowl before Kurt Warner's interception. A problem in that game for St. Louis was Marshall Faulk couldn't get going, so maybe the Rams hope Peterson can be a nice change of pace back.

32. Bills: Malcolm Darman DE/Arizona State

You can never have enough pass rushers, am I right?

That's it for me, now I'm just ready to sit back and type up my reactions to the 1st round as it happens so stay tuned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #22
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

2000 NFL Draft Live Reactions | 1st Round

The NFL Draft is upon us, and I will be providing my live reactions to every 1st round pick! Let's get right into it.

1. Texans (0-16): Marcus Gardner DT/Florida State | 82

The Texans get the clear cut #1 player in this class in Gardner, and he will be a day 1 starter on that defensive line.

2. Bengals (2-13-1): Raiyel Hadley WR/Florida State | 69

Hadley is the safest pick in the draft in my opinion, and he should start in the slot for Cincinnati. Akili Smith is most likely very happy right now.

3. Eagles (3-13): Langford Jackson LB/Penn State | 77

This was the pick that kind of caught me off guard, but not too much. Philly had been linked to Seantrel Pierce and even Shedrick French here, but I didn't think they would take Jackson. Kudos to the Eagles for staying quiet about this pick and I think Jackson will be a nice fit in Philadelphia.

4. Giants (4-12): Malcolm Boyd T/Alabama | 78

This pick really caught me off guard. I did not forsee Boyd going this high and I didn't see a mock draft having him this high. However this isn't a bad pick, Boyd has the potential to be a franchise left tackle but I don't think he was one of the 5 elite talents in this draft.

5. Bears (4-12): Farrington Lucas CB/California | 75

Not really a surprise here, da Bears let everyone know they were taking Lucas and the only reason he wasn't taken earlier than this is because this was a reach here. Lucas ran a really fast 40 time and he intercepted a lot of passes at Cal, but he's undisciplined and too raw for a top 15 pick, let alone top 5 pick. The first selection I really don't like.

6. Buccaneers (via Chargers): Michael Finch WR/Michigan State | 80

Another pick that wasn't much of a surprise, but I really like the pick. Finch is a big bodied receiver that can easily handle #1 corners, and he can be a big time receiver for whoever is throwing the ball between Trent Dilfer and Shaun King.

7. Cardinals: Gabe Barnes LB/Michigan State | 86

Back to back Spartans go as Barnes has been a late riser on many people's boards, including mine. He had an amazing combine and I think he can really be a nice edge rusher for a pretty bad Cardinals defense.

8. Redskins (via Browns/Saints): Nash Vaughn QB/Marshall | 80

Did Daniel Snyder actually do something smart? It appears he has finally wised up and instead of trying to trade for a QB or sign one he drafts his franchise guy. Vaughn will get to sit and learn behind journeyman Rodney Peete this year, but by 2001 this will be his team and we'll see if he can handle the Washington D.C pressure.

9. Browns (via Redskins): Shedrick French HB/Wisconsin | 69

The Browns trade down a pick with the Redskins, picking up an extra 4th rounder in the process and they still get their guy. French, the 1999 Heisman winner should provide an upgrade to Terry Kirby and help take pressure off Tim Couch.

10. Ravens (via Falcons): Seantrel Pierce DE/Penn State | 72

Years later we may look as the Ravens getting the steal of the draft here in Pierce. This guy is a physical freak and there's no way I thought he would fall this far in the draft. Pierce should start someday alongside Michael McCrary on this Baltimore defensive line.

11. Packers (6-10): Derek Boswell LB/New Mexico | 81

This is a selection I really like for Green Bay. I thought Boswell would fall more than he should've but kudos to the Packers for taking this risk. Boswell should help plug up the middle in a Packers defense that needs some help.

12. Titans (7-9): Joey Crosby WR/Florida |77

Besides Kevin Dyson, the Titans are quite weak at receiver until now. I like this selection of Crosby as he should definitely be able to draw attention away from Dyson and give Steve McNair another weapon to throw to.

13. Steelers (7-9): Taylor Ayers T/Oklahoma | 75

The Steelers were hoping Boyd would fall to them here, but Ayers is a pretty nice consolation prize. There have been concerns if Ayers can play left tackle as he rarely did so at Oklahoma, but the Steelers have holes at both tackle spots so he'll fit right in at right tackle.

Trade Between Cowboys-Vikings

Cowboys Receive: Pick 14

Vikings Receive: Pick 28, 2001 1st Rounder, 2001 3rd Rounder

This is an interesting trade, it appears Dallas has their eyes on a linebacker from my sources but I think they gave up too much in this trade.

14. Cowboys (via Vikings): Michael Roach LB/Syracuse | 76

Jerry Jones wanted a middle linebacker for his defense, and with Jackson, Barnes, and Boswell coming off the board he got antsy and traded up for Roach. Roach isn't a bad player, but I don't agree with how much Dallas gave up to get him.

15. Broncos (9-7): Kesnick Huval DE/Tennessee | 83

I like this pick for Denver. Huval is a raw player with lots of upside, and with the Broncos' current void at pass rusher Huval could start day 1.

16. Seahawks (9-6-1): Antwan Coleman TE/Miami (FL) | 82

Seattle gets a steal here as I really like Coleman and I think he's a top 10 talent in this draft. Jon Kitna is jumping up and down just with the thought of running 2 TE sets with Christian Fauria and Coleman.

17. Colts (9-6-1): Derek Greenwood WR/Jackson State | 75

Greenwood has really REALLY high upside, being 6'3" and running a 4.32 40 time, but the question is if he can reach that upside. He took plays off at Jackson State, and I question if he has the work ethic to get better. However, this pick gives Peyton Manning an abundance of weapons to improve upon his 34 TD to 4 interception season last year.

18. Jets (10-6): Jackson Werner T/Wisconsin | 79

One of the maulers on the amazing Wisconsin offensive line, Werner can step in immediately at either tackle spot and start for New York.

19. 49ers (10-6): Malik Blake DE/South Carolina | 79

While Blake isn't quite as good as his SEC pass rushing counterpart Huval, he does have the same upside, if not even more upside than Huval. Blake may even start day one in San Fran.

20. Dolphins (10-6): Dontae Brown HB/Alabama | 81

Entering the post Dan Marino era, since there isn't a sure franchise QB left on the board, Miami opts to find a franchise HB in Dontae Brown. Brown may very well go on to be the best HB in this class, and he should start day 1 in Miami.

21. Ravens (10-6): JeVante Burton WR/Arizona | 73

The Ravens have nothing at receiver besides Quadry Ismail, and while Burton is small he is physical enough to play on the outside if needed.

22. Lions (10-6): Lamar Cobb HB/Tennessee | 80

After Barry Sanders' surprise retirement before 1999, the Lions were subject to a season of Ron Rivers which didn't go too well. Now, they hopefully get Barry Sanders 2.0 in bulldozer Lamar Cobb. I really like this pick, Cobb has immense upside and he will start day 1.

23. Redskins (10-6): Rashawn Hill DT/Boston College | 82

The second of four 1st round picks, and I really like the selection. Hill should start day 1 as well for Washington.

24. Redskins (via Jets/Patriots): Rijo Marsh WR/Florida State | 82

It appears the inner Dan Snyder has finally shown himself as I think this is an awful pick. Marsh was the 3rd best receiver on Florida State, and a late 3rd round prospect at best. Do not like this pick at all.

25. Raiders (11-5): AJ Jackson LB/BYU | 73

The Raiders needed to address the linebacking core, and I would say they did so with this selection of Jackson. He needs time to develop, but he will get that in Oakland.

26. Chiefs (11-5): Keeshawn Tillman S/Nebraska | 79

Tillman is a good value here as he was another late riser on my big board. He was a lockdown safety at Nebraska and the Chiefs could use an upgrade at safety in their secondary.

27. Redskins (via Panthers): LaBradford Jeffrey LB/Michigan | 77

This is another reach for me, I thought Jeffrey was a mid second round prospect and this is a bit rich for him. Either way, Jeffrey will most likely start at inside linebacker.

28. Vikings (via Cowboys): Israel Narcisse DB/Arkansas | 78

Narcisse is a versatile player who can start at either corner or safety for Minnesota, which is good because he'll be starting somewhere in Minnesota's poor secondary. The Vikings get their man and 2 extra picks out of the deal, a very good trade for them.

29. Buccaneers (12-4): Dametric Morgan T/Arizona State | 78

The Bucs need offensive line help badly, and Morgan is a nice start in upgrading that line.

Trade Between 49ers-Jaguars

49ers Receive: Pick 30

Jaguars Receive: Pick 51, Pick 83, 2001 2nd rounder

This is an interesting trade, looks pretty equal for both sides.

30. 49ers (via Jaguars): Edward Jackson QB/Hofstra | 76

Wow this selection really caught me off guard. 3 years ago San Francisco drafted Jim Druckenmiller in the 1st and Bill Walsh did not agree with the pick at all. Now, Walsh gets his way and takes his guy Jackson in the 1st. I had Jackson as a mid 3rd round prospect, so I am not on board with this selection, but it appears San Francisco isn't quite sold on Jeff Garcia just yet.

31. Rams (12-3-1): Drew Doughty TE/West Virginia | 76

Just when you thought Kurt Warner didn't have enough weapons, the Rams go out and draft a TE to go along with incumbent Roland Williams. I like the pick however, as now St. Louis can beat you not just with 4 WR sets, but also 2 TE sets as well.

32. Bills (12-4): Antuan Ferrell DE/Kansas State | 78

As I thought, you defending Super Bowl champions get another pass rusher. This is perfect value in my opinion, I had Ferrell at #32 on my big board and that's exactly where he went.

That's it for my 1st round reactions, I will be back in about 10 minutes to do the rest of my live reactions for rounds 2 and 3!

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 07-07-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #23
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

2000 NFL Draft Live Reactions | 2nd and 3rd Rounds

2nd Round

33. Texans: Malcolm Darman DE/Arizona State | 74

Another pass rusher for Houston, with so many needs elsewhere I don't like the pick. This is a rare case where Houston already has enough pass rushers.

34. Bengals: Deandre Poole CB/Jackson State | 73

This is where Poole should've gone, so its a nice pick for Cincinnati. Poole may even start in this horrid Bengals secondary.

35. Rams (via Eagles): JerMarcus Blair WR/USC | 74

I think this is a little rich for Blair considering his character concerns, but the Rams are hoping Issac Bruce and Torry Holt can help mentor him.

36. Giants: Matt Jose G/USC | 78

The Giants continue to bolster their o-line, this is great value to get Jose here.

37. Bears: Demetrious Knox LB/Tennessee | 77

This is a decent pick for Chicago, Knox should be a day 1 starter at inside linebacker.

38. Chargers: Rafael Vasquez WR/West Virginia | 76

San Diego finds a nice slot receiver for Ryan Leaf to throw to.

39. Cardinals: Jacolby Knight CB/Ohio State | 68

A bit of a reach here for Knight, I had him as an early 3rd round prospect but his upside could make this selection look really good in a few years.

40. Colts (via Browns): James Hankerson LB/Auburn | 78

The Colts finally look defense here as Hankerson is underrated in my opinion.

41. Bills (via Saints): Conor Holmes T/Hawaii | 78

Holmes should be a nice developmental tackle prospect in Buffalo.

42. Falcons: Clay Shaw C/Northern Iowa | 78

Don't like this pick at all. Shaw was a late 3rd rounder on my board, and this is a massive reach to me.

43. Packers: Darren Harris DT/Alabama | 72

I like the pick, Green Bay could use some defensive line depth.

44. Titans: Devin Avery CB/Maryland | 77

The Titans need secondary help, I like the pick of Avery here.

45. Steelers: Abraham Cole DT/Nebraska | 76

I like Cole a lot more than others do, this is nice value here.

46. Vikings: Joey Pearson WR/UCLA | 79

After Cris Carter's retirement, the Vikings need to replace his production, and Randy Moss can't do that alone.

47. Broncos: Lamar Hall CB/Virginia Tech | 78

Denver needs corners, and it appears they want to jump in on the run on corners here with Hall.

48. Seahawks: Tavares Justice HB/Virginia | 67

Justice had a rough combine workout, dropping him from an early 1st rounder to about here. Props to the Seahawks for taking a chance on him as I think he can be something special.

49. Colts: Joey Jeter DE/Virginia Tech | 73

I thought Jeter would be a late 1st rounder, and this is a steal getting him midway through the second.

50. Jets: Dillon Young WR/Southern Miss | 75

Besides Keyshawn Johnson and Wayne Cherebet, the Jets are thin at receiver, they need to get new QB Brad Johnson weapons.

51. Jaguars (via 49ers): Kaiwi Graham DT/Wake Forest | 76

Graham should provide nice defensive line depth for a Jags team that was one point away from the Super Bowl.

52. Dolphins: Morgan Ryan T/Tennessee | 81

Miami chooses to boster their o-line here, I really like Ryan and I think he was a bit underrated.

53. Ravens: Will Baldwin HB/Arizona State | 68

This is perfect value here, I also think Baldwin can be a sleeper in this draft.

54. Lions: Chris Felton T/Indiana State | 78

Not so sure about this pick, I had Felton as a mid 3rd rounder but he does have 1st round upside. The Lions desperately need tackles however.

55. Redskins: Rainey Hamilton DT/Tennessee | 78

Washington tries to completely revamp their defensive line with Hill first and now Hamilton.

56. Patriots: Javier Pearson DT/Ole Miss | 74

The Patriots defensive line is horrible, Pearson should be a day 1 starter for New England.

57. Raiders: J.T. Mitchell WR/Lambuth | 71

Oakland now chooses to upgrade their receiving core, not sure if Mitchell will be anything more than a slot receiver though.

58. Chiefs: Kurtis Moon CB/Tennessee | 76

The Chiefs continue to bolster their secondary after getting torched by Mark Brunell in the divisional playoffs last year.

59. Panthers: C.J. Harrison QB/Louisville | 77

Steve Buerlein is 33 now, and the Panthers didn't sign a backup QB in the offseason. Harrison may or may not be the QB of the future in Carolina, if he isn't then this is a wasted pick.

60. Cowboys: Courtney Crosby S/Marshall | 78

Dallas looks defense yet again, this time trying to find George Teague a proper running mate.

61. Buccaneers: Russell Reeves G/Florida | 73

Tampa Bay cotinues to upgrade their horrible offensive line.

62. Jaguars: Sidney Perkins WR/Florida State | 64

This is who the Redskins should've chosen if they wanted a Florida State receiver. I had Perkins as a mid 1st rounder so this is wonderful value for Jacksonville.

63. Rams: Darrien Brandon CB/Oklahoma | 80

The Rams get more depth at cornerback here with Brandon.

64. Bills: Shawn Russell CB/Oklahoma State | 75

The Bills do the exact same thing with their selection.

3rd Round

65. Texans: Julliam Gordon T/Kansas State | 61

66. Bengals: Jackson Kerr LB/Kansas State | 64

67. Eagles: Thomas Porter T/Tennessee State | 68

68. Giants: Kyaunn Peterson HB/Miami (OH) | 63

69. Rams (via Bears): Tamani Bush DE/Miami (FL) | 70

70. Chargers: Jamerius Wallace LB/Miami (FL) | 83

71. Cardinals: Sam Sam T/Virginia | 71

72. Browns: Michael Keith WR/Georgia Tech | 65

73. Bills (via Saints): Nate Rhodes TE/Florida | 68

74. Cowboys (via Falcons): Lucas Coleman QB/West Virginia | 81

75. Packers: Marquan Knight S/Tennessee | 63

76. Titans: D.T. Neal G/Arkansas | 69

77. Steelers: Wesley Price WR/Texas A&M | 60

78. Vikings: Jamal Thomas LB/Southern Miss | 76

79. Broncos: BJ Schwenke G/Hawaii | 82

80. Seahawks: LeVeon Johnson LB/Texas A&M | 65

81. Colts: Ferrell Barclay CB/Colorado | 60

82. Redskins (via Jets): Shawn Lucas DE/BYU | 72

83. Jaguars (via 49ers): Jameill Lucas CB/Pittsburgh | 68

84. Dolphins: Mack Stephens LB/Virginia Tech | 59

85. Ravens: Ibraheim Jackson LB/Penn State | 67

86. Eagles (via Lions): Jamerson Austin DT/Florida State | 62

87. Redskins: Parker Phillip S/Georgia Tech | 68

88. Patriots: Kevin Evans TE/Wake Forest | 68

89. Raiders: Eric Darman DE/Arizona State | 70

90. Chiefs: Sean Gordon TE/Michigan | 67

91. Panthers: Elbert Landry LB/Ohio State | 58

92. Cowboys: Markus Benjamin HB/Oregon | 73

93. Buccaneers: Bryan Wilson S/Arkansas Pine-Bluff | 65

94. Jaguars: DeMarcus Lucas LB/Arizona | 56

95. Rams: Garrod Freeman DE/Mississippi State | 85

96. Bills: Cedric Riley WR/Florida | 74

Biggest Steal: Michael Keith WR/Georgia Tech

Had him as a late 1st to early 2nd round prospect and the Browns got him at 72, what a steal.

Biggest Reach: Lucas Coleman QB/West Virgina

Had an awful senior season with top tier weapons, he was a late 5th rounder at best to me.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #24
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

2000 Chicago Bears Draft Overview

By: Dan Smith, Bears Beat Writer

After a rough 4-12 season that included 10 straight losses, our Chicago Bears did nothing in free agency, not signing a single player. Instead, Chicago opted to build through the draft, and judging by the picks GM Mark Hatley made....things aren't looking too good for the Bears to improve upon their 4-12 record in 2000.

5. Farrington Lucas CB/California | 75

As much as everyone is rationalizing this selection, saying Lucas has "high upside", this year is not the draft to take a corner this high. Lucas ran a 4.32 40 time and had a ton of interceptions in college, even setting an NCAA record by taking 4 picks to the house in 1999, but he is very raw and undisciplined.

Grade: C+

37. Demetrious Knox LB/Tennessee | 77

I really like this pick of Knox. I watched some tape of him right after we drafted him and he was all over the place at Tennessee. I think he can play one of the inside linebacker spots and rack up a bunch of tackles this year.

Grade: A-

101. Terrell Robertson DE/UTEP | 67

Robertson obviously won't start day 1, but I think a few years down the road he can be a premier pass rusher, he has that much upside.

Grade: B

133. Jamal Gordon WR/USC | 63

I'm not quite as high on Gordon as I was his college teammate Blair, but from the tape I watched he could afford to get stronger at the catch point but he has nice hands. He'll provide decent WR depth.

Grade: B-

165: Kendal Terrell DT/Mississippi State | 63

Terrell's tape is atrocious....I don't even know how he was drafted.

Grade: D

197. AJ Gomez QB/Georgia Tech | 60

Gomez is the best Georgia Tech QB I've seen in a while, and I'm shocked he fell this far, many people said he was the 3rd best QB in this draft, even ahead of Edward Jackson, the 49ers 1st round pick. This is quite a steal here, maybe the Bears have finally found a quality backup QB.

Grade: A

After making all these grades, I've concocted a GPA system to combine all my grades, and da Bears got a....2.8. It was a decent draft, but the pick of Lucas drags the GPA down.

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 07-26-2016 at 08:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »