Home

Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2018, 01:37 AM   #393
Rookie

War Daddy Rambo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
Good to be back, life kicks you about sometimes! Have to admit, I stole the line-up idea from you but im sure you already know thaf ��..

If I am being honest with myself, losing to Ohio State put the fun back into the game for me, it proved there is still building to be done with this team because before that it was a little to easy.

I am just waiting on the delivery of a new PS3 controller and I can get this thing back rolling with regular updates again.
Format is great. Wish there was an easy button to use that kind of thing lol.

I feel you on the "too easy" part. In my 6th year I won the National Championship defeating what was suppose to be an unbeatable juggernaut that was tied with Oklahoma's 47 game win streak. Not only did I beat them, I smacked them around. I think 48-29. Idk why but that kind of bummed me out considering my team was an A- Ovr and we were spanking really good teams. 1-0 vs Saban. 2-0 vs Meyer. Just felt a little too easy I guess. Took some weeks off and the draft has me hyped for football again.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #394
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Daddy Rambo
Format is great. Wish there was an easy button to use that kind of thing lol.

I feel you on the "too easy" part. In my 6th year I won the National Championship defeating what was suppose to be an unbeatable juggernaut that was tied with Oklahoma's 47 game win streak. Not only did I beat them, I smacked them around. I think 48-29. Idk why but that kind of bummed me out considering my team was an A- Ovr and we were spanking really good teams. 1-0 vs Saban. 2-0 vs Meyer. Just felt a little too easy I guess. Took some weeks off and the draft has me hyped for football again.
Tweaking with the Sliders slightly should help me bring the competitive aspect back to the dynasty, and rusty stick skills should help.. Hopefully.

Thanks for stopping bye.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #395
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #396
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Offensive Stats Comparison
29.8 (#43rd)Points Per Game33.4 (#22nd)
377.8 (#67th)Total Offense440.4 (#16th)
127.2 (#117th)Rush Offense191.10 (#43rd)
250.7 (#20th)Pass Offense248.4 (#23rd)
Defensive Stats Comparison
380.5 (#72nd)Total Defense330.9 (#26th)
203.0 (#108th)Rush Defense114.9 (#5th)
177.5 (#38th)Pass Defense215.10 (#83rd)
6 (#11th)Turnover Difference6 (#11th)
Injury Report
CB Chris Stamps (Hip Fracture)
Season

HB Aeris Williams (Hip Bursitis)
Two Weeks

WR Donald Gray (Bruised Shoulder)
Two Weeks

Starting Lineups/Key Players:

* Impact Player
Mississippi State TE Justin Johnson plays WR #4 as well as #1 TE

Last edited by Tearz49ers; 04-30-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #397
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

2018 SEASON PREVIEW.....2018 ROSTER.....2018 SCHEDULE.....
2018 RECRUITING BOARD.....

WEEK NINE

MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS (2-4, 2-3)
AT.
#9 KENTUCKY WILDCATS (6-1, 4-0)

LEXINGTON, Kentucky -- The 6-1 Kentucky Wildcats choose to wear their grey alternate uniforms for this weeks game against the Mississippi State Bulldogs and thankfully for every Wildcats fan inside Kroger Field it wasn't another "grey" day like they had last week in Columbus.

Despite last weeks loss, this Wildcats team has become accustomed to having its own way on the field so far this season and today was more of the game as they dominated a Bulldogs football team that is having an extremely poor season.

Sophomore quarterback Brandon Dixon also bounced back in this weeks 34-14 win after throwing for two interceptions last week and being sacked seven times. Dixon threw for 245-yards and two touchdowns against the Bulldogs defense who rank in the top 40 for pass defense.

Kentucky took over the game after half-time and eventually run out double digit winners but you wouldn't have thought that after the first two quarters. A 69-yard Nick Fitzgerald run, and a 13-yard run from Nick Gibson either side of a Brandon Dixon touchdown run gave the Bulldogs a 14-10 lead, Gibson was handed the start after Aeris Williams went down two weeks ago. However Kentucky set the records straight when Dixon found Swae Jones-Hall with 0:50 seconds left of the first half and the Bulldogs wouldn't score again all game.

"We've found a winning recipe and a way of bouncing back," said Kentucky coach Lincoln Riley after the game. "Last week taught these kids they are not invincible and if you sleep on teams then you are going to get burnt. Today, they didn't sleep on anyone, and despite a few mistakes this was a pretty well rounded performance from them out there."

Kentucky's rushing attack has taken a big dip since the departure of "Boom" Williams and last season's 10th ranked rushing offense came into today's game ranked 43rd in college football, however if the offense can get the same amount of production out of its three main ball carriers for the rest of the season like it did today then maybe that statistic can change. In total, the Wildcats rushed for 225-yards and two touchdowns.

Malik Dixon had the majority of the teams carries with 21 for 103-yards and a touchdown, with his brother Brandon carrying the ball 15 times for 58-yards and a touchdown. However the biggest question might be asked as to why Corey Booth isn't getting more carries with just 9 today for 64 yards, but the sophomore averaged 7.1 yards per carry.

Kentucky's defense made another statement today, holding the Bulldogs offense to under 300-yards. The unit also sacked Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald five times with seniors Denzil Ware and Adrian Middleton sharing two each and cornerback Jordan Griffin the other.

The defense was also on hand to record three turnovers; Senior safety Marcus Walker recorded his second interceptions of the season with linebacker Kash Daniel getting his first, Adrian Middleton stripped Nick Fitzgerald just before half-time and luckily for the quarterback the time had already expired.

"It felt good to get that monkey off my back," junior linebacker Kash Daniel told reporters on the field after the game. "A few old the boys have been messaging me saying how it is going to come, or how I should put superglue on my gloves before the game, it's a fair point, I have dropped a fair few this season haven't I."

As for Mississippi State it continues to be a down season for head coach Dan Mullen who currently finds himself on the hottest seat in the SEC conference.

Up next for Kentucky marks another home game against Missouri (5-3, 2-3) next weekend. The Tigers come into the game off the back of a 41-21 win over South Carolina. Senior runningback Nate Strong has rushed for the fifth most yards in the SEC with 844, he also has six touchdown runs on the year.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #398
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Slow start but overall solid win to recover from the Ohio State loss
Old 05-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #399
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 05-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #400
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Slow start but overall solid win to recover from the Ohio State loss
Extremely slow start, but we got the win in the end to keep our playoff hopes alive for one more week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »