Home

Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #393
MVP

OVR: 10
2018, Week 5 Preview at #21 Rutgers

Game Notes

Series Overview
Last Meeting: 2013, Rutgers won 48-13 [Penn A&T's second game ever]

Notes from 2013:- Rutgers RB Savon Huggins rushed for a career-high 290 yards and four touchdowns en route to the big Week 2 victory.
- Penn A&T QB Tyler Ruberio connected with WR Arthur Dorsey for a 63-yard touchdown, the only one for the Dutchmen.
- Penn A&T OLB Lamont Singletary recorded eight tackles, one sack, and 2 tackles for loss in the defeat.

Team Starters + Stat Overview

-------------------------------

Starting this season, we will have a weekly pre-game spotlight on one Dutchmen player or coach. We'll learn a little bit about what brought them to Penn A&T and so much more.

This week, we'll highlight senior strong safety Terrence Proctor

You're one of the few remaining recruits from the Class of 2014, talk about your time at Penn A&T.
TP:
To me, Penn A&T has given me meaning in life again. To a lot of people, they'd say I had high hopes coming into high school, then I had two pretty sever injuries my first two years that limited my playing time. When all you know and want to do is play football, not being able to do that was pretty debilitating. When Coach Keyser offered me a scholarship at the end of my junior season, I knew deep down Penn A&T was my place to redeem myself. It hasn't been an easy path but this place is and always will be home.

How has Coach Ciarrocca impacted your career?
TP:
He just know so much about the game. He may be an offensive minded coach but he helps the defense by allowing us to see how quarterback's think in the pocket. Not to mention his attitude; K.C. just gives us all a fresh mindset every week, regardless of last week's outcome.

Is a bowl game a possibility this year?
TP:
Man, I sure hope so. These past few years have been tough but everyone has handled the adversity so well. We have something so good in place right now and even just getting to a lower bowl game would be an honor.

Rutgers is #13 in the nation, how tough will they be on the road?
TP:
Well you just said it, they have so much speed and their offense is unreal. (Damien) Rodgers is one of the most athletic QB's in the country and his ability to do just about anything will really keep us on our toes. Their line is young so as long as Jonah and our boys up front can get pressure on him, it could make our day a little easier.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 03-12-2019, 12:40 AM   #394
Rookie

DeadlyImpulseGame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty)

Wow this is great work keep it up! Penn A&T Ride the lightning! I love the write ups stat sheets it’s very thorough yeah you got it kid
Old 01-15-2021, 05:12 PM   #395
MVP

Penn A&T Names New Head Coach

Kane Wommack scours the sidelines of Memorial Stadium on the University of Indiana campus in 2020

Tuesday, Jan 5, 2021 (Lancaster, PA) -- Pennsylvania A&T Athletic Director Dan Van Horne announces that Kane Wommack will be the new head football coach at Pennsylvania A&T. He comes to Lancaster after serving as the Defensive Coordinator for the University of Indiana in Bloomington, IN. He replaces Kirk Ciarrocca who left, last week, following the team’s 2020-21 11-3 campaign that ended in a MAC Championship and GoDaddy.com Bowl win.

Ciarrocca leaves Penn A&T to be the head coach at Clemson University. Over four years, he accumulated a record of 35-18 with a 24-10 conference mark, including back-to-back MAC Championships. Clemson fired Dabo Swinney after the Tigers went 2-10 in 2020.

“I’m honored to have this opportunity to represent Penn A&T as a university and football program. The program’s lineage isn’t long, but the bar has been set and it’s my job to jump that bar,” Wommack said. “As a first-time head coach, it’s imperative to establish relationships early with the guys we have coming back, all while rounding out the recruiting class so we can get things underway.”

“I’m very excited,” he added.

Wommack, just 33, is the youngest head coach in major college football and will take over the Fightin Dutchmen program that had it’s inaugural season in 2013, just eight seasons ago. He will inherit a roster that lost 12 starters, 2 All-Americans, and 19 All-MAC players from last season.

------------------------------------------

Wommack Names Coordinators

New Penn A&T football coach Kane Wommack has announced his offensive and defensive coordinators. Leading the offense will be Graham Harrell, while the defensive coordinator is Brian Ward. Both coaches were brought in for three-year contracts.

Harrell, the former Texas Tech quarterback, joins Penn A&T after spending the last five seasons as the Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach at North Texas. Meanwhile, Ward comes to Lancaster from the University of Nevada where he served as the defensive coordinator for one season.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2021, 05:13 PM   #396
MVP

Ok, so where to begin haha. Since my last post, a lot has changed. I’ve gotten engaged, bought a house, and was supposed to get married in November but COVID put a big ole axe to that. Then add on all the same timing issues that plagued me in the past and time was scarce to not only play, but post. (How the hell was my last post in March 2019?!) Anyway, I’ve been playing Penn A&T periodically throughout the posting hiatus. Actually, I made it through four years, won two MAC Championships and had several All-Americans, but never cracked any higher than #18 in the nation, thankfully, and that was at the end of last season. Coach Ciarrocca has moved onto bigger and better things (Clemson!!) and some new fresh blood is ready to come in and rebuild with new systems, players, and excitement.

I made sure to continue using the same dynasty rules that I had while posting just to keep it fresh because I knew I would get too good too fast, as always with this game. I love this school and dynasty more than any dynasty I think I’ve ever done which is what I had hoped when I spent all the time making it perfect back in 2017, and here I am still playing it. No, I obviously haven’t done a good job keeping up here, but that’s ok because it probably would have killed the dynasty. I just needed to do it at my own pace.

With all that being said, I have the itch to post again but there will likely be some changes to formatting. When I was last here, I wanted to make it graphically pleasing because I have seen so many others do it, and they do it right. I just don’t have the energy or time to make that work, so expect more information/stats than content for the time being, though I’ll try and mix it in here and there. BUT, I am going to try my absolute best to keep this afloat at a pace that I’m comfortable with. After all, this thread was meant to just be an archive I could go back to after the dynasty was done and remember all the good times I had playing, so I’m going to make it that.

I had an absolute blast just going through the last few seasons and just playing. We groomed some absolute studs in Marcus Williams, Shelton Bowers, Elijah Bowe, and Tyshawn White, just to name a few. However, those studs are now gone and we have some bare bones along with a new coach, which is kind of why I got the itch to get back into posting. I understand it’s been awhile and there’s probably a decent amount of new readers here who will have no clue about this but I still see the same old heads filling up the board with fantastic dynasties/chises...please be assured I will catch up on everything as best I can.

For the time being, Fight On, A&T!

Old 01-16-2021, 06:42 AM   #397
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad to see this back! I remember you posting about A&T in the early days of my Carnegie Mellon report, and I really enjoyed my read-through of this. Can't wait to follow it in real time!
Old 01-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #398
MVP

**I've already run through the 2021 Offseason, so this will be a brief recap of recruiting, training, and preseason**

Offseason Recap

Notable Coaching Changes
Spoiler

Transfers:
Spoiler

Recruiting
Spoiler

Training:
**Previously I had been using Hellisan's Work Ethic method for training and I loved it. However, I came across kawkeye's Dynamic Player Progression System and I'm in love with it and how easy it is, while also adding a freshness to the dynasty by making sure player's don't progress at the insanely rapid rates that the base game implements. NOTE: The "PT" (Post-Training) section of the roster is what a player's overall was after the in-game training. OVR is what their final overall is after using kawkeye's progression system.**

Roster:
Red = Redshirt
Green = Transfer must sit out year
() = player converted from another position
OFFENSE
Spoiler

DEFENSE + SPECIAL TEAMS
Spoiler

--------------------

Roster Insight:
It's pretty incredible that all two of our three four star recruits wind up being busts, and even the third one (Tamonte Parker) is such a low overall. Then again, it makes sense why they didn't garner much attention from bigger schools. The treasures of college football recruiting.

While we're going to see a change in offensive style, the offense clearly has more returning talent than the defense. Devon Hackett is a true four-down back, but Lonnie Harrell has experience and Donnel Savage made the transition to RB after serving as the backup FB in 2020.

Defensively, things could get very interesting. We have several guys upperclassmen switching positions to fit the new defense, but we lost a ton of talent to graduation.

Last edited by Bigsheen; 01-17-2021 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:28 PM   #399
MVP

2021 Preseason

Top 25

Preseason Heisman Watch

Preseason All-America

MAC Outlook
* = 2020 MAC Champion

Team-by Team
Akron: | OVR - 79 / OFF - 79 / DEF - 82 | 1-Star
Head Coach: Anthony Glover (3rd Year, 0-0 HC)
Fresh off their second bowl appearance (first since 2005), and their first ever bowl win in the BBVA Compass Bowl. Anthony Glover takes over the reigns after spending the last two seasons as the Zips' DC, and a crucial part of Akron's resurgence within the MAC over the last two seasons, going 16-9. RB Terrell Charles is one of the best back in the conference and will look to follow up his 1200 yard performance in 2020.

Ball State | OVR - 79 / OFF - 83 / DEF - 75 | 1-Star
Head Coach: Matt Wells (4th Yr, 12-25)
Things were looking up after 2019's conference championship appearance and bowl game for the Cardinals, but a 2-10 mark in 2020 threw that to the wayside. Now, trust in HC Matt Wells is wavering in Muncie. A two-headed QB rotation isn't ideal in today's college-football landscape, but true sophomore RB Troy Golden has high expectations after a strong freshman season.

Buffalo | OVR - 75 / OFF - 77 / DEF - 75 | 2-Star
Head Coach: Bob Cole (5th Yr, 22-26)
Mediocrity is the tone of HC Bob Cole's tenure with the Bulls, with only one season above .500 (his first), it's possible that administration is starting to regret the 7-year extension they gave Cole after 2018. There's not much talent on either side of the ball, but Buffalo does return several starters at key positions. If UB wants to pull out of the MAC cellar, they'll need to compete better with the likes of Penn A&T, Akron, and Ohio.

Bowling Green | OVR - 77 / OFF - 79 / DEF - 78 | 2-Star
Head Coach: Bob Debesse (1st Yr)
New HC Bob Debesse will look to build off BGSU's 6-6 record in 2020. The long-time New Mexico OC will have to rely on a brand new quarterback in Jr Doug Baker and true freshman RB J'Quan Mason, meaning it's a fresh start for everyone. They do return some experience on defense, which Debesse will hope can take some pressure off the young offense.

Central Michigan | OVR - 83 / OFF - 83 / DEF - 82 | 2-Star
Head Coach: Scott Frost (6th Yr, 36-27)
Not long after Scott Frost was hired in 2016, many thought he wouldn't be around long. Five years later, he's assembled just a 36-27 record and missed a bowl game in 2020. His seat is a little hot despite him assembling a quality roster. RB Matt Williamson returns after scoring 15 times in 2020 and Sr WR James Carter is back after playing in just one game last year due to injury. Senior SS Michael Freeman is disruptor on defense, and he'll need to do plenty of that in 2021 to keep CMU competitive.

Eastern Michigan | OVR - 84 / OFF - 88 / DEF - 82 | 4-Star
Head Coach: Melvin Rodgers (2nd Yr, 9-4)
First-year HC Melvin Rodgers beat his expectations last year, going 9-4 and competing for a MAC Championship for the first time since 1987. Now they're back and out for the Penn A&T Fightin Dutchmen. However, they'll have to do it with a new quarterback and tailback. WR Clint Mosley will make things easier, but this offense will have to find new ways to generate some life if they want to get back to the MAC Championship. DT Cornelius Waters and MLB Greg Clark will head an experienced defense that is out for blood.

Kent State | OVR - 77 / OFF - 79 / DEF - 76 | 1-Star
Head Coach: Paul Chryst (1st Yr)
Life was good in 2017 when the Golden Flash won the MAC and finished 10-4. Since then, they've won just 10 games in three seasons. Now, former UTEP HC Paul Chryst has his work cut out for him. A solid start is potential NFL draft pick WR Jasper Smith, who's hauled in almost 200 passes with 23 touchdown passes in his career. He and QB Brandon Brown will need to do all the work, as there is no run game to write of. On the defense, DT Bally Montgomerey is just one of two returning starts from a season ago; things could get ugly before they get better.

Miami (OH) | OVR - 79 / OFF - 81 / DEF - 80 | 2-Star
Head Coach: John Butler (3rd Yr, 14-11)
Back-to-back seasons of .500 or better earned HC John Butler a contract extension. He’ll rely on experience with QB Victor Reed and the offensive line to power the offense, as the skill positions are lacking heavily in experience and talent. They won’t get much defensive help, as the Redhawks return just two starters and Sr CB Trey Smith will have to help whip this unit into shape quick.

Northern Illinois | OVR - 79 / OFF - 79 / DEF - 78 | 2-Star
Head Coach: Pat Narduzzi (5th Yr, 12-14)
Coach Duzz took the reigns of the program in 2019 after being promoted from DC and things have gone just “okay.” A bowl appearance last season earned him an extension, but the once proud NIU program is looking to get back into the MAC Championship conversation. The Huskies will have their work cut out for them, as a new quarterback takes over, but RB Ryan Montgomery returns along with a group of experienced receivers. Defensively, LE Kevin Thompson is one of the top defensive ends in the conference if not the country.

Ohio | OVR - 83 / OFF - 84 / DEF - 80 | 3-Star
Head Coach: Bob Davie (6th Yr, 35-29)
No one was excited about Davie when he was named HC, and still to this day, no one is excited in Athens. However, a 9-4 season in 2020 gave Davie a little boost with fans. Joining the rest of the MAC, he’ll need to choose a new quarterback in 2021, but RB Darrell Evans will likely be called upon to take some pressure off the new signal caller. On the the defense, DT Sean Hudson and FS Brandon Carter have the experience, now they need to develop into playmakers if Ohio wants to take the next step towards a championship.

Penn A&T | OVR - 78 / OFF - 78 / DEF -82 | 5-Star
Head Coach: Kane Wommack (1st Yr)
First-time head coach Kane Wommack will have big shoes to fill in Lancaster, but the former Indiana DC seems up to the task. The only real loss for the Dutchmen is at quarterback, which should only be muddied by a switch to a new offense. RB Devon Hackett is a preseason All-American selection after scoring 16 times last year, so it’s hard to imagine they won’t utilize him heavily. Defensively, Penn A&T still carries some heavy hitters in MLB Cade McClain and CB EZ West, but again, a switch in systems could make things interesting.

Toledo | OVR - 79 / OFF - 79 / DEF - 80 | 3-Star
Head Coach: Matt Campbell (10th Yr, 63-54)
It wasn’t too long ago that Matt Campbell was expected to head to a P5 conference school, but since receiving his extension in 2019, things have gotten interesting going just 9-15 since. QB Drayvon Kelly is one of the fastest at the position in the country, but his lack of accuracy is worrying for the offense, so they’re attempt at balancing things out could get tricky. Defensively, they’ll rely heavily on the defensive line who returns eight sacks from a year ago, but behind them it’s a lot of toss up.

All-MAC Preseason

Old 01-20-2021, 11:33 PM   #400
MVP

BUMP 10 char.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »