Home

Return of the Green: A New York Jets Dynasty

This is a discussion on Return of the Green: A New York Jets Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #25
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Return of the Green: A New York Jets Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize08
Following. Nice (and very weird) to see Josh McCown put up some fantasy relevant numbers. This won't be an easy season, but you were smart to stockpile some picks. You should try to do more of that!
Thanks for following. McCown isn't putting up bad numbers. The interceptions are the issue. He is inaccurate from over 10 yards out and most of his picks have been overthrown balls or just off target. The season will be a struggle. The team is littered with needs and my changing of the defense only complicates it more. In my game play, I am on week 17 and am still trying to get a good grasp on how to handle this draft and help procure some extra future draft picks.

Thanks for the support!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #26
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Mid-Season Update

The New York Jets are a dismal 1-7 on the season. We are in last place in the division and tied for the worst record in the NFL with the 1-7 Baltimore Ravens. Our defense has been playing poorly and we are the last ranked defense in the NFL.

Injuries:

2017 New York Jets Injury Report
PosPlayerInjury Note
LGJames CarpenterFoot Fracture (2 weeks)
TEAustin Sefarian-JenkinsBroken Thumb (1 week)
HBMarlon MackShoulder Tear (3 weeks)

ArDurius Stewart returns from injury this week.

Team Leaders:

Passing: Josh McCown: 185-323, 2114 yds, 14 TD, 25 INT, 59.2 passer rating, sacked 33 times
Rushing: Bilal Powell: 114 att, 500 yds, 1 TD
Receiving: Quincy Enunwa: 39 rec, 634 yds, 4 TD
Defense: Darron Lee: 64 tkl, 13 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 1 INT; Jamal Adams: 59 tkl, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT; Leonard Williams: 39 tkl, 11 TFL, 6.5 sacks
Blocking: Kelvin Beachum allowed 9 sacks, Brandon Shell allowed 4 sacks

Contract Negotiations:

DT Sheldon Richardson: We re-signed him to a 4 year/$44.2M deal. This was a no brainer. He will be an integral part of our defensive front for a long time.

WR Quincy Enunwa: He wants a 4 year/$22M deal. He is our leading receiver this year and a good fit for our scheme. This issue is though, that he has dropped 11 passes in 8 games this year, with 2 of those drops being in the endzone. We offered him a 4 year/$20M deal and he decided he wanted to test free agency. We may look to pick him back up during free agency at a better deal than he was wanting now.

Scouting:

Players that I have scouted in the last 4 weeks will be covered here. To see earlier scouted players, please refer to the Early Season Update. Players that were partially scouted earlier but are completely scouted now will be reviewed here.

We focused primarily on 2 areas during the last 4 weeks. Those areas are offensive line and wide receiver. Our offensive line has continued to be porous and the draft will be a place we can improve it across the board. We have focused more on wide receiver with Quincy Enunwa deciding not to resign with us. Ultimately, we will probably look more toward free agency to replace wide receiver, but I am still doing my homework on the current receiver class.

Wide Receiver:

Gregory Higgins: 23 years old, 6’2”, 219 lbs, Wisconsin, balanced receiver; Catching B+, Spectacular catch B, Route running B; Projected 1st round, pick 7, 1st round talent
Walker Paige-Moss: 22 years old, 6’5”, 221 lbs, Oregon, redzone threat; Spectacular catch B+, Release B+, Route running B; Projected 1st round, pick 23, 1st round talent
Demarco Tuten: 22 years old, 6’6”, 232 lbs, Texas Southern, redzone threat; Catching B, Catch in traffic B-, Spectacular catch C+; Projected 7th round, 7th round talent

There are a few solid receivers near the top of the draft. I am not convinced I should go for a receiver this early to replace Enunwa when I can potentially get one from free agency. I scouted these early round guys as a contingency plan. I do like Tuten as a potential late draft steal. He has good size and could be a solid receiver given time to develop. We will be keeping our eye on him during the combine.

Offensive Line:

C Anton Fulcher: 22 years old, 6’5”, 316 lbs., Nebraska, run blocker; Impact Blocking B, run blocking B-, Pass blocking C+; Projected 1st round, pick 30, 1st round talent
C Steve Gonzalez: 21 years old, 6’4”, 301 lbs., Oklahoma, balanced center; Impact Blocking B+, Pass blocking B-, Run blocking B-; Projected 1st round, pick 31, 1st round talent
LT Chandler Roethlisberger: 23 years old, 6’6”, 305 lbs., LSU, pass blocker; Pass Blocking B+, Impact Blocking B, run blocking C+; Projected 1st round, pick 4, 1st round talent
LG Judah Neal: 23 years old, 6’2”. 312 lbs, Southern Miss, zone blocker; Impact blocking B, Run blocking B-, Pass blocking C+; Projected 5th round, 5th round talent
LG Ecford Simon: 23 years old, 6’4”, 314 lbs, Connecticut, balanced; Run blocking B, Impact blocking B, Pass Blocking C+; Projected 5th round, 5th round talent
C Caleb Randolph: 22 years old, 6’5”, 303 lbs, USC, zone blocker; Impact blocking B+, Pass blocking B, run blocking B-; Projected 1st round, pick 31, 1st round talent
C Gordon Hilbert: 22 years old, 6’4”, 314 lbs, UCLA, run blocker; Impact blocking B+, Run blocking B-, Pass blocking C+; Projected 2nd round, 2nd round talent
C Bradley Short: 23 years old, 6’4”, 294 lbs, Charleston South., pass blocker; Impact blocking B+, Pass blocking B, Run blocking C; Projected 2nd round, 1st round talent
RG Harris Sanzenbacher: 24 years old, 6’4”, 313 lbs, Oklahoma, zone blocker; Impact blocking A-, Run blocking B, Pass blocking C; Projected 2nd round, 2nd round talent

Without a solid offensive line, any quarterback we bring in will still be sacked a lot and not protected well. It is not a glorious position to draft, but we cannot deny that offensive line is a huge need for us. Caleb Randolph has a positive draft story that has analysts slotting him as the number 1 pick in this draft. He looks to be the best offensive lineman in this draft. I am still a fan of Chandler Roethlisberger and a stable LT for years to come. I feel like Elford Simon might be a good mid round steal as well.

Future Focus:

We are going to continue to scout offensive lineman through the mid rounds of the draft. We are going to focus on linebackers and cornerbacks throughout the next 4 to 5 weeks and see what is available in the mid rounds for us. At this point, I have an idea of what I want to do in the draft and with a more than likely top 5 pick, we are going to have a lot of flexibility.

Other Notes:

With Quincy Enunwa deciding to hit free agency at the end of the season, we are going to change our wide receiver depth chart and see what some of our other young receivers can do for us. This includes ArDurius Stewart, Devin Smith, Chad Hansen, and Jalin Marshall.

If Josh McCown continues to perform poorly, we will be bringing in either Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg

Stay tuned for week 9 coverage.

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 09-24-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:47 PM   #27
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

OVR: 5

I like this franchise. The updates on how you're doing with scouting & re-signing players is interesting. Building the Jets back up will be a process. I'm doing a player franchise with the Jets at QB so hopefully the CPU will help me out in the coming seasons. Good luck bringing them back.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #28
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG
I like this franchise. The updates on how you're doing with scouting & re-signing players is interesting. Building the Jets back up will be a process. I'm doing a player franchise with the Jets at QB so hopefully the CPU will help me out in the coming seasons. Good luck bringing them back.
Thanks for the feedback. Good luck with your QB franchise.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #29
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Week 9

Buffalo Bills at New York Jets
Nov 2, 20171234F
BUF (3-4)0213731
NYJ (1-7)067316
Top Performers
PASS: Josh McCown - 28-40, 322, 1 TD, 4 INT
RUSH: Bilal Powell - 27 att, 81 yds, 1 Fumble
REC: Jordan Leggett - 10 rec, 94 yds
Team Stats Comparison
BUFNYJ
First Downs1623
3rd Down Efficiency5-94-13
4th Down Efficiency0-03-3
Total Yards435485
Passing Yards184301
Rushing Yards181111
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-00-0
Turnovers05
Time of Possession26:1533:45

Buffalo’s Running Game Too Much for Jets

-East Rutherford, NJ- In a Thursday Night Football matchup, Lesean McCoy racked up 180 yards for the Bills as the Jets drop to 1-8 on the season. The Jets were unable to slow down the run game of the Bills as their front seven was an open door for McCoy all game long.

Josh McCown continued to struggle, throwing 4 interceptions in the contest. He was more accurate otherwise than he has been most of the season, completing 28 of 40 passes for 322 yards. He was also sacked only twice, which is better than most of the season.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Jets could only muster 1 sack against Tyrod Taylor as the Jets could not generate any pressure all night long.

Turnovers plagued the Jets as they also had 1 fumble lost by Bilal Powell as well as the 4 interceptions. Dropped passes also contributed to the loss, as number one receiver Quincy Enunwa dropped 2 more passes, upping his season drop total to 13.

“We need to generate pressure on the quarterback and slow down the run. It was a sloppy game on both sides of the ball. Changes will be coming soon to address these issues,” Coach Pierre Donaldson said in a post-game press conference.

Do those changes involve Josh McCown? Time will tell.

On a positive note, tight end Austin Sefarian-Jenkins returns to the lineup next week and will be backup to Jordan Leggett, who has played well and earned to chance to continue starting at tight end.

Next week, the Jets head to Tampa Bay to face the 5-4 Buccaneers.

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #30
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Week 10

New York Jets at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Nov 12, 20171234F
NYJ (1-8)914171040
TAM (5-4)714141348
Top Performers
PASS: Josh McCown - 25-34, 384 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT
RUSH: Elijah McGuire - 32 att, 164 yds, 2 TD, 1 Fumble
REC: Robby Anderson - 7 rec, 126 yds, 2 TD
Team Stats Comparison
NYJTAM
First Downs1517
3rd Down Efficiency11-186-11
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards786575
Passing Yards374274
Rushing Yards167124
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-151-10
Turnovers31
Time of Possession31:1328:47

Shootout Ends in Another Jets Loss

-Tampa, FL- The New York Jets took a 23-21 lead into halftime in Tampa but could not come out with the victory against the Bucs, losing 48-40, and falling to 1-9 on the season.

The Jets were leading in the third quarter, until DeSean Jackson returned a punt 65 yards to give Tampa Bay a 28-23 lead and they never looked back after that.

Josh McCown played one of his better games of the year, throwing for 384 yards with 3 touchdowns and only 1 interception. His solid performance was not enough to bring the Jets to victory, as 2 fumbles lost hurt the Jets.

Halfback Bilal Powell was injured early in the first quarter sustaining an abdominal tear and will be out 4 weeks. Rookie halfback Elijah McGuire came in and played well, running for 164 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also had 1 fumble late that stopped a Jets comeback short. Powell has been very injury prone this year, but has played solid when he has been on the field.

The offensive line only allowed 2 sacks this week, while the Jets defense got to Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston 5 times. The Jets receiving corps dropped 5 more passes, including 2 by Quincy Enunwa that ended drives and lost the Jets chances to come back and win.

“We are going to take the next week and evaluate our schemes and players and see where we can improve,” Coach Donaldson commented.

With the Jets long out of the playoff hunt, they head into a much needed bye week.

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #31
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Week 10

New York Jets at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Nov 12, 20171234F
NYJ (1-8)914171040
TAM (5-4)714141348
Top Performers
PASS: Josh McCown - 25-34, 384 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT
RUSH: Elijah McGuire - 32 att, 164 yds, 2 TD, 1 Fumble
REC: Robby Anderson - 7 rec, 126 yds, 2 TD
Team Stats Comparison
NYJTAM
First Downs1517
3rd Down Efficiency11-186-11
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards786575
Passing Yards374274
Rushing Yards167124
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-151-10
Turnovers31
Time of Possession31:1328:47

Shootout Ends in Another Jets Loss

-Tampa, FL- The New York Jets took a 23-21 lead into halftime in Tampa but could not come out with the victory against the Bucs, losing 48-40, and falling to 1-9 on the season.

The Jets were leading in the third quarter, until DeSean Jackson returned a punt 65 yards to give Tampa Bay a 28-23 lead and they never looked back after that.

Josh McCown played one of his better games of the year, throwing for 384 yards with 3 touchdowns and only 1 interception. His solid performance was not enough to bring the Jets to victory, as 2 fumbles lost hurt the Jets.

Halfback Bilal Powell was injured early in the first quarter sustaining an abdominal tear and will be out 4 weeks. Rookie halfback Elijah McGuire came in and played well, running for 164 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also had 1 fumble late that stopped a Jets comeback short. Powell has been very injury prone this year, but has played solid when he has been on the field.

The offensive line only allowed 2 sacks this week, while the Jets defense got to Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston 5 times. The Jets receiving corps dropped 5 more passes, including 2 by Quincy Enunwa that ended drives and lost the Jets chances to come back and win.

“We are going to take the next week and evaluate our schemes and players and see where we can improve,” Coach Donaldson commented.

With the Jets long out of the playoff hunt, they head into a much needed bye week.

Thanks for reading!
Go Bucs!!!!!

Tough to lose that shootout.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #32
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Go Bucs!!!!!

Tough to lose that shootout.
LOL. I know how you feel. When I played the Browns I was happy that the Browns won but mad that I lost.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »