Home

Tearz49ers Presents: This Is Texas (NCAA Football '14)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers Presents: This Is Texas (NCAA Football '14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #121
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers Presents: This Is Texas (NCAA Football '14)

The recruiting train continues to roll on for Tom Herman
Five-Star receiver is the latest high profile recruit to be Austin bound.

By Cody Daniel | @CodyDanielSBN | Oct 24, 2017, 14:20 CDT

Austin, Texas -- Texas on the field have been almost perfect this season and that seems to have given a refreshed outlook off the field too, as today five-star receiver James Robinson confirmed his pledge to commit to the Longhorns an enrol at the Austin campus next season.

On Tuesday morning Robinson bought his recruitment story to a close, announcing his commitment to the Longhorns over Texas A&M, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.

Along with the Longhorns, Aggies, Cowboys, Sooners, and Tigers, Robinson held a slew of offers from programs such as Alabama, Ohio State, USC and Michigan among numerous others.

Robinson is one of the top talents in the entire nation ranked No. 24 on ESPNU's Top 300. His raw speed (94 SPD) is evident with him ranking third in this recruiting class amoung 40-times (4.34) and whilst his hands are a work in progress (78 CTH, 74 CIT) he still has good enough catching ability to perform at the level the Longhorns look for in their receivers.

Landing Robinson represents another important in state head-to-head win over Texas A&M something the Longhorns have struggled to achieve in previous recruiting classes.

Robinson becomes the second five-star recruit to commit to Tom Herman's program in as many weeks after Kai Iosua's commitment last week, he also becomes the third total five-star prospect that Herman has bought in for next season.

In committing to Texas Robinson has only solidified Tom Herman's 2018 recruiting class' No.1 ranking ahead of Notre Dame and Auburn.

Although Texas has been considered the front runner for Robinson's services for some time now his recruitment by the Aggies in the last few weeks had meant that it was difficult to pinpoint whether Robinson would in fact pledge to Texas over Texas A&M.

James Robinson will take his talents to Austin, where he’s visited on numerous occasions throughout the past year or so, and ultimately, his most recent visit when the Longhorns beat rivals Oklahoma may have played a huge part in why he choose the Longhorns.

247Sports provided an evaluation on Robinson's skill set:

"Whilst Robinson does a bit of everything at North Shore, he will not be asked to do the same down in Austin. Tom Herman has made that clear to the 6-foot-1 recruit during this whole process. He is electric when he has the ball in his hands and dominates defenses when he can really use that burst of speed, if any corner at the next level takes their eye of him for one second he will be gone."

A 6'1, 200-pound prospect, Robinson is ranked as the nation's No. 3 receiver, and No. 3 player in the state of Texas.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #122
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Recruiting class is becoming more and more worthy of a powerhouse school. Going to be interesting trying to find sufficient playing time for everyone, but that’s a better problem to have than the other end of the spectrum I suppose. Love the detail as always.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #123
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Recruiting class is becoming more and more worthy of a powerhouse school. Going to be interesting trying to find sufficient playing time for everyone, but that’s a better problem to have than the other end of the spectrum I suppose. Love the detail as always.
This is by far my best recruiting class I have ever had on any NCAA game thus far, and were still only 8 weeks into the season! Playing time will be an issue as you say, but it will about keeping these guys happy where I can.. my motto has been, if they are good enough then they will play.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #124
Rookie

howell2004's Arena

I really like the graphics and news. I'm also a Texas fan, keep up the work.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:45 PM   #125
Rookie

RBHitman's Arena

Good win over OSU!!! Also nice to see my Razorbacks getting the upset on Auburn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #126
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell2004
I really like the graphics and news. I'm also a Texas fan, keep up the work.
Glad to have another Longhorns along for this one, will be intriguing to see how you feel I am doing with the team as the years go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBHitman
Good win over OSU!!! Also nice to see my Razorbacks getting the upset on Auburn
I was surprised they came into the game unbeaten to be fair, it wasn't that hard of a game like I was expecting. Ha Ha, that has almost likely removed Auburn's hopes of a playoff place.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #127
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Offensive Stats Comparison
33.6 (#18)Points Per Game14.1 (#122)
404.4 (#30)Total Offense290.3 (#118)
156.4 (#83)Rush Offense162.1 (#76)
247.10 (#16)Pass Offense128.1 (#116)
Defensive Stats Comparison
343.4 (#63)Total Defense441.3 (#125)
61.10 (#1)Rush Defense182.1 (#102)
281.4 (#126)Passing Defense259.1 (#123)
-1 (#75)Turnover Difference-6 (#117)
Injury Report
QB Shane Buechele (Ruptured Disk)
Season
QB Zach Smith (Ruptured Disk)
Season
Old 12-11-2018, 05:22 AM   #128
MVP

OVR: 1

really love this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »