Home

#SWARM - The Reboot

This is a discussion on #SWARM - The Reboot within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #25
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM - The Reboot

Awesome win man, very well earned. It had some dramatics, but you came out on top. That run game was truly dominant!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #26
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Awesome win man, very well earned. It had some dramatics, but you came out on top. That run game was truly dominant!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks man. We playing LSU next, I think I'm gonna play that tomorrow. I'd be happy to keep them under 50 points.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #27
MVP

young22's Arena

Managed to pick up a copy of Madden 25 today, so at some point I'll start running a franchise alongside this dynasty. Should be fun to see where our future superstars end up. Probably start that in year 3 or 4, when we start getting some guys that could maybe make it. Haven't been able to get the LSU game or recruiting update started yet, been busy.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #28
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

NCAA 14 is the only reason I bought Madden all those years ago - import draft classes. You'll have a lot of fun playing with that. I'd suggest you look for good settings to maximize player development, that's been the one problem with my classes so far. Not perfect, but still a blast to work with.

Nice win over Kent (congrats for #1 BTW!), they definitely seem like a decent team. Awesome to see the two-headed monster at running back get going with 100+ yard days, hopefully they can keep it up in the next few weeks to give you all some momentum for the offseason.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #29
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
NCAA 14 is the only reason I bought Madden all those years ago - import draft classes. You'll have a lot of fun playing with that. I'd suggest you look for good settings to maximize player development, that's been the one problem with my classes so far. Not perfect, but still a blast to work with.

Nice win over Kent (congrats for #1 BTW!), they definitely seem like a decent team. Awesome to see the two-headed monster at running back get going with 100+ yard days, hopefully they can keep it up in the next few weeks to give you all some momentum for the offseason.
I'm so glad I found it. Was at the mall setting up a job interview when I stopped by Gamestop, and they had M25. Thought I'd never see it again. I hope a future Westlake player makes it big in the league, be fun to control him in a big game. Not starting it right away though. What do you have progression set at? Haven't played Madden in over a year, I remember there being differences between weekly/monthly/yearly. I think adding a "real" NFL to this will be a lot of fun.

As far as the team right now goes, Alfred and Benjamin are literally our only talent right now. Norton is quick but after he had a score against Miami he's been invisible. Honestly thought I might go winless, got very lucky vs Kent. They called some very boneheaded plays and we took full advantage. I was concerned we'd go winless, honestly. But the year has gone by quite quickly, I was shocked we only have 4 games after the LSU game. Forgot how quick you can go in and out of seasons in this.

Really enjoying this so far, I've been taking it at my own pace and not burning myself out trying to push out recaps. The grind also feels really rewarding, like we suck, but I'm building towards being good. We have some very solid recruits that could be coming in, couple of complete steals that I found before the Big 10 schools got there. Unfortunately no great QB/HB to be had. If we get a good transfer at a skill position, we could win 4-5 games next year.

Thanks for checking in bro.

Last edited by young22; 07-18-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #30
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I'm so glad I found it. Was at the mall setting up a job interview when I stopped by Gamestop, and they had M25. Thought I'd never see it again. I hope a future Westlake player makes it big in the league, be fun to control him in a big game. Not starting it right away though. What do you have progression set at? Haven't played Madden in over a year, I remember there being differences between weekly/monthly/yearly. I think adding a "real" NFL to this will be a lot of fun.

As far as the team right now goes, Alfred and Benjamin are literally our only talent right now. Norton is quick but after he had a score against Miami he's been invisible. Honestly thought I might go winless, got very lucky vs Kent. They called some very boneheaded plays and we took full advantage. I was concerned we'd go winless, honestly. But the year has gone by quite quickly, I was shocked we only have 4 games after the LSU game. Forgot how quick you can go in and out of seasons in this.

Really enjoying this so far, I've been taking it at my own pace and not burning myself out trying to push out recaps. The grind also feels really rewarding, like we suck, but I'm building towards being good. We have some very solid recruits that could be coming in, couple of complete steals that I found before the Big 10 schools got there. Unfortunately no great QB/HB to be had. If we get a good transfer at a skill position, we could win 4-5 games next year.

Thanks for checking in bro.

My pleasure - I enjoy reading along with as many as these as I can. I'm looking forward to seeing the recruits!

I had development to set to weekly for a long time without catching it; that's likely where the problems stemmed. I've heard that monthly seems to make development better, so that's what I've set it to now. We'll see how that goes after I sim through the next season in a few weeks.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #31
MVP

young22's Arena

Y1, G8

G8 @ LSU - L 0-23

Well, it was coming sooner or later. We got shutout. Hoped our momentum from beating Kent State would carry over, but no. Mason Benjamin had 1 rushing yard. 1 yard. Jaron Alfred had 18 on 6 carries. Jeremy Ostrander threw 14/40.

Derrius Guice had 246 and a score on the ground, but other than him, LSU was kinda trash. 23 points is the least we've allowed all season.

All in all, this game was a chore to play. I knew we never had a chance, but holy s--t it was boring. I dont't even mind losing, just give me something to write about. Worst game of NCAA I've played in a while.

Westlake State Swarm at LSU Tigers
Oct 26, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Westlake State Swarm (1-7, 0-0)000024
#18 LSU Tigers (6-3, 3-2)1073327
Team Stats Comparison
WSULSU
Total Offense186416
Rushing Yards27292
Passing Yards159124
First Downs920
Punt Return Yards243
Kick Return Yards1060
Total Yards294478
Turnovers10
3rd Down Conversion1/136/17
4th Down Conversion0/20/0
2-Point Conversion0/00/0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/01/3
Penalties63
Possession Time12:0219:58
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGWSULSU
2:22(LSU) C. Culp, 24 yard FG03
1:11(LSU) D. Guice, 47 yard run010
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGWSULSU
4:28(LSU) D. Williams, 3 yard run017
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGWSULSU
1:48(LSU) C. Culp, 23 yard FG020
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGWSULSU
0:46(LSU) C. Culp, 25 yard FG023
Westlake State Swarm
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Danny Etling14/2512400
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Derrius Guice352467.01
Darrel Williams5265.21
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Derrius Guice8303.70
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Donte Jackson40.000
Arden Key1 (1)1.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Connor Culp3/52/2826
LSU Tigers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Jeremy Ostrander14/4015901
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Mason Benjamin810.10
Jaron Alfred6182.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Zeph Connor23424.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Sergio Keith11 (1)0.000
Jamal Mangum10 (5)1.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Grant Marquardt0/00/000

Last edited by young22; 07-19-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #32
MVP

young22's Arena

November 4th, 2013

2 star T Joe Edwards becomes first ever player to commit to Westlake State

Akron, OH -- Munster, IN native Joe Edwards has become Westlake State's first official football signing. The 6'2, 315 pound tackle chose the Swarm over their future MAC foes Akron and Central Michigan. He's a 2 star recruit, the #126 tackle in the nation.

3 star (#66) G Michael Thompson and 2 star (#116) OLB Dustin Gunn signed letters of intent shortly after Edwards, but Edwards is officially the Swarm's first officially committed recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »