Home

#SWARM - The Reboot

This is a discussion on #SWARM - The Reboot within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #33
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
#SWARM - The Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22

November 4th, 2013

2 star T Joe Edwards becomes first ever player to commit to Westlake State

Akron, OH -- Munster, IN native Joe Edwards has become Westlake State's first official football signing. The 6'2, 315 pound tackle chose the Swarm over their future MAC foes Akron and Central Michigan. He's a 2 star recruit, the #126 tackle in the nation.

3 star (#66) G Michael Thompson and 2 star (#116) OLB Dustin Gunn signed letters of intent shortly after Edwards, but Edwards is officially the Swarm's first officially committed recruit.

good to see you pick up at least a win here in season one. and i can definitely imagine how boring playing that lsu game was.. neither team getting much going, just exchanging punts.. that usually results in me turning the game off lol.

congrats on the first recruits as well. munster isn’t too far from where i went to high school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #34
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM - The Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
good to see you pick up at least a win here in season one. and i can definitely imagine how boring playing that lsu game was.. neither team getting much going, just exchanging punts.. that usually results in me turning the game off lol.

congrats on the first recruits as well. munster isn’t too far from where i went to high school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bro. Yeah I played up to the middle of the 4th against LSU then I just hit supersim. Such a horrible game. Felt like something LSU would do honestly, not even try against a bad team.

Thanks for checking in as always

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #35
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Not a bad fight against LSU, even if the game was boring lol. I know what you mean, sometimes the game is just a chore. LSU seems to under-perform in my dynasty too, they're like 1-4 after starting ranked #2.

Good pick ups in the recruiting world too. That Michael Thompson guy has me excited, could be really good by the time he is a couple years in.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #36
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Not a bad fight against LSU, even if the game was boring lol. I know what you mean, sometimes the game is just a chore. LSU seems to under-perform in my dynasty too, they're like 1-4 after starting ranked #2.

Good pick ups in the recruiting world too. That Michael Thompson guy has me excited, could be really good by the time he is a couple years in.
LSU never does well. Whereas Bama was ranked at 4-4 this season (roster I have has screwed up depth charts, should be fine next season). Someone at EA is a Bama fan.

I have a couple really good players that I'm still fighting for. 2/3 star gems that I got to before the big schools did. I'm about to start the recruiting stuff now, I've got some good players on my board.

Last edited by young22; 07-20-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #37
MVP

young22's Arena

My crappy laptop crashed. Was almost done the recruiting update. Not gonna have time until tomorrow most likely.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #38
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

That sucks, I remember the days of a craptop lol. I had quite a few. honestly, this chromebook has been the longest lasting computer I've ever owned. Too bad it can't run programs or software...

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #39
MVP

young22's Arena

So I was actually able to recover everything when I rebooted the laptop and restored chrome. Lucky break, I probably wouldn't have redone this for a couple days.

When I say someone is a verbal commit, it means there's a lead of over 1000 points. Also, I tried to mainly recruit 1/2 star guys, but there aren't actually many interested, or that many that aren't completely useless in the database period. Buncha 45-55 overall players, I'm not doing that to myself.

Westlake State Football Staff Communications

To: Head Coach Dion Barkley

Cc: Recruiting

Hey Coach. Tough L against LSU, but it's to be expected. I've got my first ever batch of recruits for you. Barring one guy, everyone here is from a big 10 state. I'm going down south to check out some more Florida recruits, and a corner from Georgia who looks pretty good.

I'll lead with 2 guys, both in-state guys who I think are gonna be absolute steals if we can land them.

So the #1 player I have for you is T Ben Weldon. This guy is a 3 star recruit out of Chillicothe. He's a real diamond in the rough. He was overlooked because he's a guy that moved over from end to tackle just over a year ago, but he's a natural. He's athletic, great technique. Not the strongest guy, as such he's a better pass blocker than run blocker. Unfortunately, Ohio State have caught wind of him, and well, it is The Ohio State University, and everybody wants to go there. The one thing we can offer him is playing time. He'll visit here in week 15.

Close second on my board is corner Isaac Robinson. He's a 3 star guy from Painesville, who doesn't get the respect he deserves, probably because he's a (relatively) slow, white corner. But he's very cerebral. Good in coverage, great play rec, and while he's slow for a 5'11 corner, he would be just fine as a free safety, which is where I think he should ultimately play if we land him. Maybe a year at corner, then when Donte Oliver graduates he slides over to FS. We're actually in the lead here. It's come down to us vs Indiana, and he wants to stay close to home. We will also start him from day 1, whether it's at safety or corner.

Chad Fountain is a really good strong safety from Ashland. He's actually ranked as the #7 SS in the nation. He's verbally committed to Bowling Green, but he visits this week, along with a host of other players. He lacks speed, but has the size (5'11, 222) and skillset to maybe move to linebacker.

Frank Jacobs, a JUCO G, should be an instant starter. He's 6'3, 303, good all-around blocker. He's probably better than anyone we have at G right now. Already a verbal commit.

I've found a JUCO ATH who will be our starting tailback next year should we land him: Jamaal Silva. He's a pure speed guy, with great moves and elusiveness. Explosive athlete who will really help us. It's us and UCF right now, and we're neck and neck in this battle.

After those guys, we have wideouts Kyle Thomas and Daniel Thompson. They're both 3 stars, from Alliance and Vandalia, respectively. Neither is spectacular, but both are well rounded players who will be good for us. Thompson does have the size to be a red zone threat at 6'3, 231. 2 solid players.

I have a guy who's a junior right now that I think could be our program-changing QB. He's from right here in Westlake, and his name is Jacourey McKinley. He's a little QB. He's about 5'10, 175 right now, I doubt he'll hit 6 feet. He's really fast. He can throw it a bit, but it isn't his strong suit. Mediocre arm, above average accuracy for a HS QB. He's gone for over 1500 yards rushing this year on varsity, leading East Westlake to a 6-2 record thus far. I don't see big schools wanting him at QB, so we can definitely use that to our advantage.

Westlake State Commits through Week 10

HARD:

3* G (#66) Michael Thompson - Parma Heights, OH

2* T (#126) Joe Edwards - Munster, IN

2* OLB (#116) Dustin Gunn - Ashtabula, OH

VERBAL:

3* DE (#86) Reggie Blanco - McCandless, PA

2* G (#132) Frank Jacobs (JUCO JR) - Lima, OH

1* WR (#281) Adam Reid (JUCO JR) - Reynoldsburg, OH
Old 07-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #40
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
That sucks, I remember the days of a craptop lol. I had quite a few. honestly, this chromebook has been the longest lasting computer I've ever owned. Too bad it can't run programs or software...
I'm pretty sure I'm about to get a job at Footlocker. So glad I can finally get a job. First big purchase after clothes and shoes will almost certainly be a new laptop. Mine sucks, can't run any games, and I haven't been able to use the editor with any teambuilder save. 0 interest in doing a non-TB dynasty, so let's hope it's a computer issue. Editor would add a lot to this. Plus I've been dreaming of the day where I can give my team Nike cleats instead of those awful generics lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »