Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #73

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Not your flashiest recruiting class but very solid. It actually reminds me of some of the earlier classes back in part I with Tulane. McNeal is hands down the cream of the class and looks like a Mark Richards clone. I anticipate him being an instant plug and play. Along with J.J. your linebacking corps could be anchored for years to come.

Scottie looks like a big bruiser of a runner and should be an interesting play style difference than the speed backs the Coach Geezy has had in recent years. I am super excited for this class going forward. I think this is a group that as juniors and seniors could be in conference title talks.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #74
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Geezy! Glad to see you continuing the story with a new chapter in the Bayou!! You've created so many amazing storylines, this is simply top notch bruh. Keep up the amazing work dude, you have inspired to get back into dynasty reporting as well!
Old 01-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #75
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

What on earth is happening it Atlanta!? Everyones wanting to hop on the Ramblin' Wreck!

Also, to add to the fervor, who is ND's coach? He's closing like Calipari!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #76
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
What on earth is happening it Atlanta!? Everyones wanting to hop on the Ramblin' Wreck!

Wow I didn’t even realize that. Pretty crazy what they just hauled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-05-2019, 08:02 AM   #77

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Definitely some players who could contribute right away at the top of that recruiting class! Holding onto McNeal was huge, as I'd expect him to get a ton of snaps right away with that 88 speed as a linebacker , that will make him a huge asset for sure.

Rodgers is probably your feature back already, though is 84 speed isn't spectacular, he is definitely an upgrade over the limited personnel that are in place already.
I must say, I like Scottie Rodgers a lot; he turned out to be even better than expected. He doesn't have that flashy speed that I am used to having, but his other attributes make up for it - 87 spm, 86 sfa, 86 jkm, as well as a very respectable 67 cth and 75 rte. I could see him being a very solid mid-to-high 80s RB by the time he leaves us. He will certainly be the man early on and possibly again next year, as I will disclose now that the running back savior doesn't appear to be walking through the door in this upcoming season's recruiting crop.

Scottie will indeed be the bell-cow for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
great job solidifying that recruiting class, always good to have a bunch of "your guys" that can contribute early. excited for games to get started.
Thanks man. I'm glad I took my time this off-season; it has really allowed for me to learn this roster and make it truly feel like it is "my team."

I am itching to get back onto the field soon though. I still have quite a few off-season steps I want to get done (namely setting my recruiting board, doing my formation subs, adding more LSU-centric custom stadium sounds, posting the normal season preview stuff, and also putting in some serious practice mode lab time with my new playbooks), but there's no doubt that I am about ready for some game day action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof21
Solid recruiting class, especially year one on the job. Notre Dame though..wow! 8 blue chips? That's some solid talent they are bringing in.
Notre Dame is on a never-seen-before tear on the recruiting trail. They finally won a national title this past season and appear to be set to win a few more with the classes they're bringing in. Both them and Alabama have established themselves as the kings of college football here in the mid-to-late 2020's.

Thinking down the line, I have a feeling that the Tigers have a date with the Irish in the postseason at some point in this dynasty's future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Not your flashiest recruiting class but very solid. It actually reminds me of some of the earlier classes back in part I with Tulane. McNeal is hands down the cream of the class and looks like a Mark Richards clone. I anticipate him being an instant plug and play. Along with J.J. your linebacking corps could be anchored for years to come.

Scottie looks like a big bruiser of a runner and should be an interesting play style difference than the speed backs the Coach Geezy has had in recent years. I am super excited for this class going forward. I think this is a group that as juniors and seniors could be in conference title talks.
Agreed. This class is very under-the-radar but can really set us up for a nice run in a few years. In addition to the guys you've mentioned, no one has brought up the OL help we have gotten. We are set on the offensive line for years to come with the guys we brought in. They all should be solid guys in the mid-to-high 80s range by their senior seasons. I think we all, myself included, can sometimes take real life and video game offensive linemen for granted. Each single guy up front matters so much in a variety of ways.

On the other side of the ball, McNeal I think will be a monster for us. I haven't started messing around yet with my formation subs, but like Mark Richards, I envision him spending time both as an edge rusher as well as a linebacker in coverage. We really have a nice set of defenders on the defensive line and some good, young linebackers with both him and J.J. Brooks, and even freshman Danny Smith turned out to be a little better than expected and could provide some nice depth and special teams play early on. I'm excited to see how all of these guy's careers progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Geezy! Glad to see you continuing the story with a new chapter in the Bayou!! You've created so many amazing storylines, this is simply top notch bruh. Keep up the amazing work dude, you have inspired to get back into dynasty reporting as well!
Lopaka, same to you brother. Glad to see you back around.

I appreciate the compliments as always. This dynasty has already been a blast and I haven't even played a game yet. I am having a ton of fun merely just doing off-season stuff and world-building. I can't imagine how much greater it is going to feel once we go under the lights in Baton Rouge versus the Seminoles soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99

Also, to add to the fervor, who is ND's coach? He's closing like Calipari!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Wow I didn’t even realize that. Pretty crazy what they just hauled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No doubt, Georgia Tech is a team to keep an eye on. They've assembled quite a few nice classes here as of late and could be a darkhorse team that could contend for a national title within the next two or three seasons, especially if QB Gavin Hoffman turns out as great as advertised. Any time you nab the nation's top QB and WR, you're in pretty good shape.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 01-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #78

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

LSU Tigers Off-Season News Clips

Breaking a nearly 70 year old tradition, LSU will now wear purple
jerseys at home primarily, along with black shoes and socks.

report courtesy Carley McCord, WDSU-TV New Orleans

LSU | Team to wear purple at home "far more often"
Fri, 26 Feb 2027 05:15:35 -0700
Carley McCord of WDSU-TV New Orleans reports that Tulane head coach D. Geezy whispered in her ear in the middle of the night that LSU will be donning its seldom worn purple jerseys at home far more often than they have in the past instead of adhering to the school's tradition of mainly wearing white jerseys at Tiger Stadium. The school began wearing white at home in 1958, and other than a span from 1983-1994 in which NCAA rules prohibited the practice, has worn them ever since.

"We're the purple and gold, not the white and gold," said Geezy, who also indicated that the Tigers will now wear black shoes and black socks instead of the school's traditional white shoe, white sock combination. We will still wear the white jerseys at home on occasion, perhaps on senior days, but we're in 2027, and it is time to leave the past in the past and start something new; purple will be our main color, with both black and gold being our main secondary colors."

Asked for comment on Geezy's stance, LSU athletic director Joe Alleva indicated that he has no issue with the change. "One of our boosters asked me 'what is this guy doing,'" said Alleva. "My response to him simply was, 'We haven’t won the SEC in 20 seasons and have finished the year unranked each of the last 4 seasons. He's shaking things up, and I am all for it.'"

DeJean, seen here walking off the field following Tulane's 31-24 SEC Championship Game
loss to Florida
last season, will be the Green Wave's defensive coordinator.

Tulane | Roberts not happy with Geezy's handling of DeJean pursuit
Tue, 9 Mar 2027 07:31:35 -0700
The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Tulane head coach Joe Roberts expressed dissatisfaction with the handling of former Tulane and current LSU head coach D. Geezy's pursuit of Green Wave assistant coach Cam DeJean, who in January was a candidate for the Tigers then-vacant defensive coordinator position. DeJean, who coached under Geezy with the Green Wave for the past three seasons as a defensive backs coach and served as the team's interim defensive coordinator last year following the Wave's mid-season firing of Karl Dunbar, ended up getting the defensive coordinator position at Tulane, but nearly did not.

"I respect Coach D a whole lot obviously, but I just wish things were handled differently with Cam," said Roberts, who along with DeJean, played for Geezy at Tulane over a decade ago. "First of all, when we allowed Cam to interview for the job, it was with the understanding that he would be his guy. We could have blocked him from interviewing technically, but this was something Cam wanted. Then the process just dragged and dragged for several days afterwards and they ended up going with a guy in Charles Kelly who put our school and Coach D personally in a ton of turmoil years ago. I just didn't get the whole thing. Thankfully we still had our defensive coordinator position open and he accepted, but I just wish the whole thing was handled a little better."

In response to Roberts, Geezy did not mince words on how he feels on the matter.

"I honestly couldn't care less what their feelings on it are," said Geezy, whose team is slated to face the Green Wave in both teams' SEC opener in an 8:00 pm primetime matchup on September 11th at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. "We needed time to make sure we were picking the best candidate available, and at the end of the day, everything we did, from the process to the hire, was in the best interests of Louisiana State University, and that's really all that matters.

"I love Joe like a son, but come on; there are bigger things to gripe about than an interview process that went a few days longer than expected. We both got the guy we wanted, and now we need to move on and focus on our own teams and not worry about the way the other does its business."

Editor's note: The coaching hires of Joe Roberts and Cam DeJean for Tulane will be manifested by Tulane running a 4-2-5 defense, DeJean's specialty, while sticking with the Ole Miss offensive playobook, Roberts' specialty, moving forward.

Coach Geezy at LSU's 2027 Spring Game at Tiger Stadium.
report courtesy Eve Jewell, ESPN/SEC Network

LSU | Geezy impressed with wide receiver group
Sun, 28 Apr 2027 10:30:37 -0700
Eve Jewell of ESPN/SEC Network, a Tulane alum and former Playboy model who suddenly seems to be dialed into the LSU football scene ever since Coach D. Geezy's arrival, reports that the first year Tigers head coach has been very pleased with the overall body of work of the team's receiving corps during spring practices, noting that this is a group that can win the team a lot of games.

"QB Rob Mason (83 ovr, post-progression) has had no problems finding guys open and a lot of that credit goes to coach (Anthony) High's scheme, but I think we also have to give kudos to the job the receivers have done," said Geezy following the team's spring game. "WR Glen Walker (80 ovr, post-progression) is a 6-3 guy that is going into his junior season and caught 77 receptions for 913 yards last year and we think is ready to turn it up another notch. He's caught everything thrown his way, as has junior WR Joe Burnett (80 ovr, post-progression). You add a very solid possession guy in junior WR Russell Stephens (77 ovr, post-progression) who gashed us for 8 receptions for 80 yards when we played against him last year when I was at Tulane, and that gives you a very nice base of guys that will work for this offense and also will be around for another year.

"I haven't even mentioned the speed we're bringing in with true freshman Brady Carter Jr. (74 ovr, 92 spd) or our leading receiver from a year ago, TE Lucas Rodgers (81 ovr, post-progression), who has had back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons, now also going into his junior year. Aside from Carter, these guys are all veterans with eligibility remaining after this season, and with a quarterback like Rob, I feel like we can win a lot of games with this group over these next two years."

NCAA | NCAA signs new deal with Samsung
Thu, 27 May 2027 12:14:23 -0700
Collegefootballtalk.com reports that the NCAA has signed a 10-year sponsorship deal with Samsung to be the official stadium sound provider of college football. As a part of the agreement, Samsung will install new audio speaker systems in all FBS stadiums around the nation, starting immediately.

"This is a landmark deal for our brand as we continue to grow our business," said Samsung President and General Manager Dr. Gyoyoung Jin. "I have always had a passion for college football, and I look forward to working with the NCAA moving forward to make the in-stadium experience even greater.

Editor's Note: Similar to my custom sounds post made nearly two years ago (wow, has it really been that long?), I know this doesn't do much for readers. I'm just writing-in the fact that the Mrs. bought me a brand new surround sound system, with a soundbar, subwoofer, and rear speakers for my man cave for Christmas, so LSU games are going to be pretty turnt up in the Geezy household starting this season!

Last edited by Deegeezy; 01-05-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #79
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the Samsung write-in, that's actually pretty funny! Looking good with the wide receiving corp, too, can't wait to see how well they play this year!

Indy Eleven | Rutgers | NY Giants | Watford
Old 01-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #80
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

getting closer to getting on the field!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »