Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #113
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

CORRECTION: C.Levine is listed as having 1 interception, that should read zero. We did not have any interceptions this game.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 11-07-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #114
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

I rocked out the alternate black unis for this game... didn't get a chance to mention that in the game story due to all the goofy cougar jokes I was making... but I think they look pretty sharp! Little bit of a New Orleans Saints vibe.

As far as this game... this was the luckiest I've ever been on offense...as I was *awful* with the stick skills. I played the Onio and WMU games on Sunday and this game on Monday night... Well on Monday I went out with some friends to watch Monday Night Football... and probably had 5-6 more ginger ales than I should have... Then decided it would be a good idea to play video games. Well, my reads were freakin horrible all game. The good news was that NIU dropped at least 5 passes that are normally interceptions. I could literally do no wrong on offense during that 3rd quarter... and trust me... my drunken butt tried.

When I was on defense, NIU had a lot of really goofy playcalls that, in my opinion, hurt them. They ran a ton of screen and draws, even in the 4th when they were down by two scores. No real attempt to go downfield even though I was crowding the LOS to attack the option looks. On paper, I think that's the best QB I've played (93 OVR) but he had a pretty lackluster game.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #115
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #116
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

With a bunch of recruits visiting, I was having no mercy on EMU. This was good because they took it easy on me as well. Another huge 3rd quarter where it just seemed everybody was open and every rushing lane could fit a Mack truck.

I expect the final two games to be tougher, as both Ball St and Toledo have very good offenses on paper. I could easily see giving up tons of points against both. But on offense, I am starting to get comfortable in the offense. Made better reads this game, getting to know some of these Run-n-Shoot specific crossing routes and how to time things against different coverage looks. So overall, I am happy with HUM offense vs CPU defense... but still baffling how I can't seem to get consistent performance from the CPU offense. Now EMU isn't terribly talented, so not too shocked that they laid an egg on the road... but still a lot of open receivers were ignored today by the Eagles.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #117
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

To: Nonek, Reinhold ([email protected])

Subject: Three wins in a row?? You're a madman Reinhold!

You picked a good time to turn things around. The visits went outstanding, but we only received one solid commitment:

Adam Nelson / Cornerback / 2-star
6'0" / 191 lbs / Halifax, Nova Scotia

Like I said before, you'll have plenty of depth at CB seeing you are losing a ton of DBs in the offseason. This guy will be in the mix.
(62 OVR / 84 SPD / 70 MCV / 80 ZCV)

Updates on the pipeline:

Conrad Palinski / Athlete / 5-star
5'11" / 187 lbs / Fremont, OH

Conrad was a little tight lipped during his visit and deep down I think he prefers Bowling Green. He will visit them in week 14. That will be the tipping point to know where we stand. If I am being honest, I think he might have been a bit concerned about playing time... Bogan is a freshman and he has looked pretty good the last few games. I think this kid walks in day one and blows everybody away in camp... but we have to get him here first. Simulations are floating between 50-60% on signing him depending on how Bowling Green performs in week 14.

Tyrone Welsh / Athlete / 4-star
6'0" / 204 lbs / Palm Bay, FL

Tyrone absolutely LOVED his visit... Turns out this kid in a Bingo fanatic. Once I found that out, I made sure that Myrtle and Shirley over in the Bingo Hall showed him a good time! The play on the field wasn't too shabby either. I promised this kid anything he wanted, running back, quarterback, that guy that sits next to the big ball with the microphone who calls out the Bingo numbers, anything he wants. Currently simulations show a 79% chance of making him a Rhino. His visit could not have gone better.

Todd Beck / Athlete / 3-star
6'2" / 201 lbs / Liberty, MO

His beloved Cornhuskers are showing him no love. So far only the Rhinos and Northern Illinois have offered scholarships... but we are way out ahead of the Huskies. Did some more research into this kid, turns out he'll likely be able to attend Nebraska on an academic scholarship. Simulations are currently showing 41% chance of signing him and a 57% chance of him trying his luck as a walk-on at Lincoln.

Atari Jackson / Guard / 2-star
6'4" / 298 lbs / Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I haven't talked about him in weeks, figured we had him in the bag. Unfortunately he had a successful visit to Akron recently and I consider us to be slightly trailing the Zips to sign him. Was not necessarily expecting him to start right away but he does have potential.

New to the pipeline:

Eric Pruitt / Halfback / 1-star
5'10" / 221 lbs / Sheboygan, WI (JUCO)

A late find... I had to dig very deep into obscure college highlight videos on Youtube to find this kid. He currently plays for Ronnie's Truck Driving and Cracked iPhone Screen Repair School in Sheboygan. He's a 26-year-old who spent four years in the Navy after high school and hasn't received any attention from major programs. Very fast in a straight line but not particularly shifty or strong. Grades out primarily as a kick returner / reserve HB at the MAC level. He will visit in week 15.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I grew up in Idaho and we actually just call the College of Idaho Potato Farming, the University of Idaho now.. There football program still sucks. Coach Nonek was smart to move on. It's gotten so bad,the school has reversed their decision to be a D-I school and is headed back to the Big Sky.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #119
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I grew up in Idaho and we actually just call the College of Idaho Potato Farming, the University of Idaho now.. There football program still sucks. Coach Nonek was smart to move on. It's gotten so bad,the school has reversed their decision to be a D-I school and is headed back to the Big Sky.
I have really bad luck with these fictional school names. First Southern Maine actually exists... and now I used the old name for the University of Idaho. I think from now on I'm just going to start using fictional colleges from movies. Like maybe Adams College from Revenge of the Nerds or maybe Faber College from Animal House.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I have really bad luck with these fictional school names. First Southern Maine actually exists... and now I used the old name for the University of Idaho. I think from now on I'm just going to start using fictional colleges from movies. Like maybe Adams College from Revenge of the Nerds or maybe Faber College from Animal House.
I was just teasing. U of I has never been the College of Potato Farming, but they do suck at Football and they really did move back to the Big Sky.

In my dynasty they were one of 2 teams last year to go 0-12, and I must say I enjoyed running up the score on them in my GSU dynasty the past 2 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »